i can not see any mails inside archieve folders in outlook?

I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007
successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders.
However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing
inside any folders. What could be the proble. Is there any other way to do
archieve. I have downloaded back tool and done back up of outlook.pst. But i
want to use archieve feature alsp.

Sunil Dhanuka wrote:

> I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007
> successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders.
> However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing
> inside any folders. What could be the proble. Is there any other way to do
> archieve. I have downloaded back tool and done back up of outlook.pst. But i
> want to use archieve feature alsp.

Well, did any of the items you thought would move out of the default message
store (the tree list of folders) actually get moved out of there?  If
nothing got moved then nothing would show up in the archive .pst file.

Archiving is performed on the Modified datestamp, not a Received datestamp.
Moving or editing items in your message store will update their Modified
datestamp.  If you want to see what items are eligible for archiving, you
need to see what is their Modified datestamp (you can add it to the view).

Archiving requires both global and local settings to be enabled.  The global
option for archiving merely enables that function to run.  That doesn't mean
it actually does anything in the items under the folders.  Each folder has
its own local archive setting.  If you want the items within a folder to get
archived then you need to enable archiving on that folder (right-click on
the folder, Properties, Archive tab).  This is just like the electricity in
your home.  There's a master circuit breaker along with wall switches in
your rooms.  If you want electricity *available* then you flip the master
breaker (akin to the global archive option).  If you want to *use* the light
in a room, you flip the wall switch (akin to the folder's archive option).
If either is off, you don't get any light in that room.  Just because the
master breaker is on doesn't mean you have light in that room.  You'll need
to decide using the wall switch.

The global option decides WHEN the archive operation is performed.  The
local archive settings (for a folder) specify when a file becomes ELIGIBLE
for archiving, not when it gets archived.  If you specify 10 days for the
global archive option and 3 days for eligibility in a folder, it could be 10
days before the next archive run before that 3-day eligible file gets
archived.  If you want files to get archived as soon as they become
eligible, you need to set the global archive interval to the smallest
interval you configure for any folder.  It is easiest to set the global
archive interal to 1 day.  Then when a file becomes eligible after 1 day, 1
week, 1 month, or whatever, it gets immediately archived with the next
archive run of that day.

Global archive option: enabled
Local folder option:   disabled
Result: No archiving of that folder

Global archive option: disabled
Local folder option:   N/A
Result: No archiving of any folder

Global archive interval: 10 days
Local folder interval:    3 days
Result: Files become *eligible* after 3 days old but don't get archived
until the 10-day interval

Global archive interval: 1 day
Local folder interval:   any value (1 day minimum)
Result: Eligible files get archived every day
0
VanguardLH

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Outlook Today #43
How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? And where do I find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I first start Outlook) -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle Steve <hgd@wsx.inv> wrote: > How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us > And where do I > find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I > first start Outlook) Click the root of your data store (the one with the "Outlook Today" icon of t...

Bulk attachments

outlook error...Operation Failed
I have been using outlook for many years and in the last week I am not able to open outlook. It appears it is going to open up and then at the last second and error message comes up "Operation Failed." I have removed and reinstalled outlook and I can't get past this error message? Anybody know how I can correct this? Scott How about posting some details about your Outlook version and setup? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

Selection button not in Outlook 2003
I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, (just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button in the FILE/PRINT/ menu Please help? It only works on HTML formatted messages. On 21 Apr 2004 21:11, =?Utf-8?B?SG93ZWV5?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, >(just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button >in the FILE/PRINT/ menu.Please help? > -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

Mail received by wrong recipient
Microsoft Exchange Server Version 5.5 SP4 Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 I know there are a lot of topics similar to this already but I cannot find anything in them that helps me solve my problem. Ever since I started working at this company over a year ago I have had the same problem every single time without exception. I give my email address to an external company e.g. when I purchase software over the web or request information via the web by filling my details in on a form. They send an email to the address I gave them (the only address I gave the...

How can I rename a database table?

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

Bugs worked out with XP SP2 and Outlook?
When SP2 just came out, one functionality that existed in Outlook 2003 (while using Word as e-mail editor) didn't work anymore, the icons (in Web Tools toolbar) that allowed embedding of sound, video, and marquee text in e-mail. I wrote about that problem here, and there was a response that that is a known bug, that Microsoft was working on. Has there been a fix for this yet, either through a SP2 update, or an Outlook 2003 update? Are you running Windows XP SP2? I think that is what has broken it (or an update to IE). It's broken in Outlook 2003 too. " MS" <ms@nospa...

Can (or how can) I do this

outlook does not recognize my address book
whenever i open a new email to send, i will click on the 'to' button to insert addresses, nothing is listed in the dropdown menu. there are no addresses listed. when i go into 'properties' for contacts, the box to check to make 'contacts' the address book is not highlighted and i can't make that selection. i'm not sure what to do to make 'contacts' recognized as the address book. Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book, right click the folder choose Properties and Outlook Address Book ensure checkbox to enable as email a...