hyperlinks in received e-mails in Outlook

When I click on a hyperlink in a received e-mail in Outlook I get the
following box:

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.  Please contact your system administrator".

Please help.

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest
information
--
Peter

"dhariri" <dhariri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on a hyperlink in a received e-mail in Outlook I get the
> following box:
>
> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer.  Please contact your system administrator".
>
> Please help.

0
Peter

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

System locks up on Send / Receive after upgrading to Windows XP Pro
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C7265F.127A9300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Outlook 2000 set up with three accounts. After upgrading my system from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro, every = few minutes this happens: 1) there's a "ripple" on the video monitors 2) mouse and keyboard input is locked for between 5 and 10 seconds It's hard to pin this on Outlook, but I believe that it happens during = the automatic Send/Receive cycle. It seems not to ha...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

How do I dismiss past due meeting reminders in Outlook?
I have two meeting reminders that keep popping up for meeting that were scheduled for two weeks ago. When I try to delete the reminders I get the following message: "Cannot turn off reminders. You may be reminded again." How can I delete these reminders? 1. Restart outlook using the cleanreminders switch (http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm) 2. if that fails, switch to all appointments view and browse the list for the items with the reminders and delete them from your calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Outlook 2007 Signatures
I created an html signature with a table, style tags defining the font, and absolute paths for hyperlinked images (two images butted together on the footer in a table column so that if you click image one you go to one url and image two you go to a different url) using Textpad. I then put the .html file in the Microsoft Signatures directory and edited the text from the generic template and saved it. The images live on our web-server in a dedicated directory. If I send an email to myself with no signature and only a subject, Outlook 2007 says that the size of the resulting email is 9KB....

Exporting e-mail accounts in MS outlook
Hi, I am e-mail admininstrator for three different companies and this means that i have more than 10 e-mail accounts. Now as my Windows goes corrupt every 2 or three months i have reinstall my windows and thus Outlook. It is very frustrating and time consuming to recreate all 10 accounts every time that i have to reinstall MS outlook. Now is there anyway that i could export these account settings like all other things that could be exported in MSO. Rgds, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Outlook 98 and 2000, IMO, yes. Otherwise,...

Read e-mails disappear from inbox
My OE's one account is connected to pop3.live.com. I've used this for many months without problems. Today, suddenly, as soon as I read a message it disappears from my inbox. And all old read messages have disappeared too. I can find them on the hotmail server, but they're gone from my PC. Is there a setting somewhere that could have gotten switched? I looked in Tools/Options but couldn't find one. Is there a way I can get my inbox from hotmail.com back on my PC? Note - Please don't use this thread to persuade me to use the regular Windows Live setup. ...

outlook with exchage server connection
I installed outlook with exchage server connection but didn't mean to how can I change this because when I start it up outlook message says can not connect to exchange server then closes outlook down because \I can not enter a valide exchange accounKevint and name You can change your account configuration via the Mail applet in Control Panel. In your case, it might be best to start with a new mail profile. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outl...

Why does a mail show as being replied/forwarded before I send it?
I have noticed that if I click Reply or Forward on a message, that after some time - before the message is sent - the original message appears with the Reply or Forward mark. So even if I cancel the message it appears as though it has been replied or forwarded. This is misleading and especially bad for auditing purposes. I am using MS Office 2007. ...

I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going?
I have recently upgraded and am no longer using Outlook Express, but now have Microsoft outlook. (using Windows XP home) Since this upgrade, a couple of months ago, I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going? how can I get around the problem? What version of Outlook are we talking about here? Did you remove the account from Outlook Express already to make sure they aren't downloaded by OE? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Ollie"...

Tasks disappearing in Outlook 2002
Anybody experienced uncompleted tasks disappearing out of Outlook 2002? An employee could be fired because they keep complaining of their active task list (which is required) disappearing when they come to work in the morning. Before action is taken, though, I thought I'd better ask if anyone else has experienced this. Note: we are not on an Exchange Server, there's nothing in the "deleted" folder, I've run the view by catagory and there are ONLY completed items left. Thx ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Where can I find a description of a particular shape (e.g. a shap.
Where can I find a description of a particular shape (e.g. a shape from "Basic Flowchart Shapes")? On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:08:05 -0800, Yurym <Yurym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where can I find a description of a particular shape (e.g. a shape from >"Basic Flowchart Shapes")? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowchart Any shape in particular? Some of the shapes have no special meaning. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sdl.sandrila.co.uk/ SDL/MSC/TTCN/URN/UML2 for Visio If you hover over the master in the Shapes window a toolti...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Outlook will not save the e-mail password
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. See if this helps - For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://su...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

problem sending mail to yahoo
Hi everyone, I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. Running SBS2003. I can send mail to everyone apart from YAHOO. Gmail, Hotmail (any of the main freemail providers) with no problems. I've just disabled my SPAM filtering software to see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced similar problems??? HELP :-) Dave what specific error are you getting? "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ukNSYoveFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. > &...

Denied Permission to Send an E-mail to Specific Domain
I'm running Exchange Server 2003 SP1. We have two domains I'll call DomainOne.com and DomainTwo.com which are on two different subnets and at two separate sites. The Exchange Server is in DomainOne. Also, on an Active Directory server (ADServer01) in DomainOne is a secondary zone for DNS replication from DomainTwo.com. We do this to be able to resolve PC names through a VPN from DomainOne.com to DomainTwo.com. For e-mail, DomainTwo.com uses an external pop3 e-mail provider I'll call POPEmail.com. Their e-mail addresses use the following format: jsmith@DomainTwo.com. So, all ...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Outlook reading Groupwise postoffice data
When I point Outlook 2000 to a Groupwise postoffice data folder and bring up the data in Outlook 2000, the text in the body of the message is missing. Any Ideas... Groupwise 5.5, Outlook 2000 current with the groupwise add- in installed. ...

Operation Failed error when sending/receiving
My husband has Outlook 2002 and Outlook express on his laptop. From the first day of installation (August 2003), we have received "the operation failed" message when clicking on sending and receive in Outlook 2002 while the Outlook express sends/receives with no problem. He would like to be able to use Outlook 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks. J See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jackie" <jackie...

Outlook 2003: Unable to print email from right click menu unless item is opened
I am a new user to Outlook 2003. In my prior version, after I would read the e-mail message in the inbox, I would right click the message which would bring up the menu. When I click "Print" I get a dialogue box which says "Please open this HTML message to print it." How can I bypass this and just print it without fully opening it as I was able to do in the prior version of Outlook? Thank you! ...