How to share AUTOCORRECT between WORD 2007 and OUTLOOK 2007

I have autocorrect working properly in Word 2007. I tried to get the feature
to work in outlook as well, by coping the normal.dotm to the normalemail.dotm
file. This did not work for somke reason.

any idea. I don't mean autotext, but autocorrect.
thanks
--
Hal

Is autocorrect enabled in tools, options, spelling?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Gyro2222" <Gyro2222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have autocorrect working properly in Word 2007. I tried to get the
> feature
> to work in outlook as well, by coping the normal.dotm to the
> normalemail.dotm
> file. This did not work for somke reason.
>
> any idea. I don't mean autotext, but autocorrect.
> thanks
> --
> Hal

0
Diane

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

Windows XP Pro
Need help trying to restore settings to allow images (.jpg, etc) to render in Outlook. ...

Can I link Word files to an Access table?
We're going to use Access for reporting purposes, and one of the things we need to do as part of that reporting is to maintain management approvals (always in a Notes or Word file). Is it possible to add Notes or Word attachments into an Access table record (with the understanding that each record will have to have several of these approvals)? If not, is there a way to link files to a particular record?Many thanks for whatever advice you can offer....

Why does Outlook not close when I exit?
Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme the icon remains in the Taskbar and the programme in Task Manager as a Process. Should it not close completely? I don't get enough mail to warrant it being 'on watch'. Thank you. Have you installed anything recently that interacts with Outlook that may cause it to stay running? "Joe Young" <Joe Young@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAFBAD8-045B-42B7-B033-CF268E045615@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme &g...

Outlook 2003 & snoozing reminders
Is there somewhere in Outlook 2003 where is can see which reminders are snoozing and until when? Thanks in advance... Bob You can add the reminder fields but there isn't a way To See snooze status or times. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Installing 2007 Home and Student on system with Sm. Bus.
Simple problem with a simple solution (I hope). I have a system (XP Pro) with Office 2007 Small Business installed. I would like to install just the OneNote component from a 2007 Home and Student edition (all legally purchased). Everytime I try, the installation fails with the error "Microsoft Home and Student 2007 encountered an error during setup." I tried unchecking everything during setup except OneNote. I've tried leaving everything checked and doing a full install. I've also tried installing it to another directory besides the default. I haven...

Word 2007 TOCs Bookmarks
I am creating a chaptered manual and at the start of each chapter I would like to have a separate Table of Contents. I have used the Heading styles to format my chapters (Heading1, Heading2, Heading3). According to a tutorial I found through the on-line Help, I should be able to select all of the text in a chapter and assign it a bookmark name. Then at the location where I want the TOC for that chapter to appear, I press <CTRL+F9> and enter TOC \b bookmark-name (between the squiggly brackets). I did this for my first chapter and it worked, but I cannot get it to work fo...

What is equivalent to "acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9" in 2007 i.e .xlsx
I have a button when clicked does the following .. DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry_ExpToXl_LotNo" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Qc_details", "c: \work\QC_Details.xlsx", True transfersheet fails if I use .xlsx , i.e I could not open the spreasheet after creation, but it works fine if I give .xls extension. Any thoughts? Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201004/1 ...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Appointment activity
Hi, why is it that when you remove future appointment from Outlook calendar it also removes activity (like it should), however when you remove past appointments from Outlook it doesn´t remove activity from activity list. It doesn´t matter if both are not closed activities. Past appointments are not in sync with linked activity? I dont know the technical reason, but I can think of a good functional reason why this behaviour would exist. Appointments in the future have not yet been there. If they are cancelled, then they should be cancelled in CRM as well because the event w...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Excel adjust row height upon merging 2 cell with word wrap
When I merge two cells in excel 2003 and format to word wrap, the row height is not adjusting to show wraped text. I am forced to manually adjust row height That's the way excel works. Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm RT wrote: > > When I merge two cells in excel 2003 and format to word wrap, the row height > is not adjusting to...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

Outlook locks after XPP SP2
Since installing XPP SP2, I find that OLK2K3 locks up VERY FREQUENTLY. I can't seem to pin it on one specific thing - except for moving from the Inbox (my default on opening OL2K3) to another folder. Any help appreciated - specially if you could e-mail it to lanmeister@ihug.co.nz TIA Russell Ran scanpst.exe already? What is logged to the Event Viewer? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Lanmeister" <Lanmeister@discussions.microsof...

How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?
I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands? Thank you EXCEL 2007 Try a Surface Chart. To set one up:- Hit the F1 Help Facility Key In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts Next click on Chart types Next click on Present your data in a surface chart There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "tpmbrian" wrote: > I have some geophysical data I want...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Transfering Word Doc tables into a Excel Database
Hi, Could anyone tell me whether or not it is possible to easily import a batch of word documents which includs data in tables into a excel .xls file? I have thousands of files that need to be put into a new database. Hope anyone can answer? Thank You ...

can not send my attachments from microsoft word
was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, could this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can have full use of my computer with out loseing protection? thanks "brit_minor" <brit_minor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C41CDA9-DB66-4C63-9580-53246A811F5A@microsoft.com... > was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, > could > this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can > have > full use of my computer with out loseing pro...

Outlook 2003 in E2K3 environment going offline
What causes an Outlook 2003 Client in an Exchange 2003 environment on a networked workstation to trip into OFFLINE mode? Where can I begin to look to troubleshoot this issue? Carl ...

Microsoft Office 2007 Vista comes up with the massage
"Preparing to install" and then "wait while Windows configures Microsoft Enterprise." How do I get it to open immediately without this initializing each time? "Alex V" <AlexV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:316E10B5-52E5-434F-9E8F-22FED0193E1F@microsoft.com... > "Preparing to install" and then "wait while Windows configures Microsoft > Enterprise." How do I get it to open immediately without this initializing > each time? Just to be clear there's no such thing as Office 2007 "Vista"....

sey up in outlook 200
hello my name is jo jo and i am looking for some help on setting up outlook 2000. question 1 can outlook be used for home use w/o a network? question 2 i cannot seem to get outlook set up properly. i do not know what a pop3 is? i thouht i had it set up ,but i cannot get it to work. any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. i like the features in outlook bettr than what internet providers supply you with thank you for your time jo jo lost Contact your ISP for the correct account settings. They usually publish them in the FAQs on their website. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

show pages on a pivot in 2007
How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in 2003, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007. Thanks! Hi, Click on the report filter cell of the pivot and then go to Pivot Table Tools > Options > Pivot Table > Options > Show Report Filter Pages -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19AAFD1B-7101-47E2-B03E-43C79EA0B015@microsoft.com... > How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in >...

Entourage compatibility w/Outlook and BlackBerry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I currently use a Windows PC and Office 2007 for business. I spend a lot of time in Outlook, with many different folders to store emails and an archive for old ones, and I organise my life using tasks, the calendar, contacts and memos, which I then synchronise with a BlackBerry. <br><br>I'm now thinking of moving across to a MacBook Pro which will have Office for Mac, including Entourage 2008, having the data from the PC transferred at the Apple Store under their One to One pro...

how do i sort by second word in a cell?
I have a spreadsheet with first and last names in one cell. I would like to sort by last names. Is there any way to sort by the second word in a cell or a quick way to divide the cell by first and last names, without cut and paste? Save your data first, and make sure there is a blank column (or two) to the right of the column with your data in it........then Highlight the column of names..........then Data > Text to columns > delimited > next > check "space" for a delimiter > next > finish...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "crc-src" <crc-src@di...