how to search for '1 ' the number 1 and 9 blanks?

how can you search for imbedded blanks? i need to search for the number 1
followed by 9 blanks? i have tried quotes and double quotes, neither worked.
I keep getting every email with the number 1 in it.

"kafoland" <kafoland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> how can you search for imbedded blanks? i need to search for the number 1
> followed by 9 blanks? i have tried quotes and double quotes, neither worked.
> I keep getting every email with the number 1 in it.

Searches tend to treat all delimiters in any number as one delimiter, from
what I've tried.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Calculating greatest number in a range
This is a little tricky to explain, but hopefully will make sense. A series of data is produced that monitors concurrent users on a system. This is returned every five minutes of every day. This is on a work book which has a month for each tab. Data typically comes in the following, simple form: Wed Nov 26 10:50:01 GMT 2008 0 Wed Nov 26 10:55:00 GMT 2008 0 Wed Nov 26 11:00:00 GMT 2008 1 Wed Nov 26 11:05:00 GMT 2008 1 Wed Nov 26 11:10:00 GMT 2008 1 Wed Nov 26 11:15:00 GMT 2008 1 Wed Nov 26 11:20:00 GMT 2008 1 Essentially, I need a way of differentiating between indivi...

Same operations on a variable number of rows
I am posting this to both the regular and the programming group because I don't know if the solution requires programming. If not, sorry and ignore this. Anyway, here is my questions. I have a specific and then a more general issues. I have a set of data that changes frequently. In particular, the number of items change. What I want to do is get the list of unique concatenations of the items. Now that part is easy. I concatenate the cells. Copy as value. Then make a filter unique. But that is lots of action on my part. I have to copy the concatenate formula to a variable number of rows. I...

Can I make the scroll bar show the row number?
My previous version showed the row number as I clicked on the scroll tab and pulled it up or down, making for easy location of the line I'm looking for. Excel 2003 does not show the line (row) number. Is there a way to turn on this feature in this version? Marcia This nice feature was not included with Excel 2002 either. I think it was exchanged for seeing the pixel size when you drag to adjust a column or change a row height. Yippee! Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:47:04 -0800, "Marcia Duckworth" <Marcia Duckworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

How to response to the event of dynamically-created and indefinite-number control
I need to dynamically create controls according to the input of user, and reponse to user's operation on these control. For example, when user input 10, I need to create 10 checkbox and reponse to the click event of these checkbox. As far as I know, if the number of control is definite or determined, I can use ordinary message map to satisfy this requirement. But in my project, the number depends on the input of user, and I can not associate a ID with a event I have tried to reponse to the WM_LBUTTONUP message in pretranslatemessage, but to my disgust, when user press the mouse button insi...

Serial number notes
We would like to have Serial Number level notes to track particular issues with that item/serial number such as warranty support issues, part replacement and warranty registration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

Certain numbers =S
I have a form that is used to calculate a products price. One of the cells is "S" foer stock and "NS" for non stock. #'s 32, 56, 87, 45 and about 5 others are "S" . Abouit 10 sets of numbers are "NS" It would help greatly if excel could fill in the cell with the proper response by inputing the #'s in say cell a1. Hope I made this clear Thanks Frank If I interpret your requirement correctly, only you can know whether or not something is in stock and insert the appropriate flag. If you then want to use this flag in you price list you coul...

Positive (+) Number....
Hello all... If I type into my worksheet -120... it shows up as -120 However if I type +120... it shows up as 120. How can I tell excel to show the plus sign in front of positive numbers?? Thank you all! You need a custom format XL2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051995001033.aspx?pid=CH010036911033 XL2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP012165031033.aspx?pid=CH100870371033 Use the following as your custom format: +#,##0;-#,##0 -- Steve "Shhhh" <trumpet1120@comcast.net> wrote in message news:79399788-e5a6-4c7f-9706-8995f6ddd2eb@z9g2000yqi....

converting 1.x database to 2.0 from DOS files
I saved the 1.x database on floppies. Now I need the database again and need to upgrade it. How do I copy the floppies with the 1.x database so that it will work with access 2.0 in an XP pro environment? ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Creating more than 1 line in a cell
Is there any way to create more than one line in a cell? You cannot use the RETURN or TAB keys since they take you to another cell. I tried using three cells and then merging into one, but then it only keeps the information form the uppermost cell and then deletes the data in the other two cells. Text-wrapping doesn't work because if the word(s) on the top line is long enough, then I have to add several spaces before it will be forced to go down to a second line. I've tried Excel Help, but it goes to autoformat and none of the formats are the ones that I want. Thank...

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

How To Import Blank Fields into Picklist Fields
Hi All, I'm importing Contacts using the simple method (tools- import-contacts-from file...). Everything is going well except for little thing: I can't seem to import blank data values as blanks. If I map the blank data value to "Default Value", then "Default Value" is literally imported (without the quotes). Do I need to use the Data Migration Framework to get this functionality? I don't want to go there, because I'm 96% completed doing it the simple way. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian Had the same problem A simple workaround that worked...

Office Test Drive re-installs over Office 10.1.5
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3155982327_82575 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi . . . this happened in reverse order from any of the other Test Drive / full install postings I've found . . . In attempting to restore some Apple-installed software that was corrupted in a hard drive crash on my 12" Powerbook G4 (867mhz, os10.2.8), Office v.X Test Drive was re-installed. Although all of my user data is still intact,...

count the occurence of number in a column
hi, may i ask: how do i count the occurence of a number in a column? an example: 1 5 8 1 3 4 1 5 1 occurence of 1 = 4 occurence of 3 = 1 occurence of 4 = 1 occurence of 5 = 2 occurence of 8 = 1 what would be the formula for that in excel, please? i have no clue at all. i tried google and it came up with something but i could not really find the answer to my question. tks, l. Hi =COUNTIF(A:A,1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Laura" <no@spam.pls> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bzSbd.279333$vf1.14290064@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > hi, > may i ask: how do ...

Templates are all blanks ?

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Maximum number of data points
Hello, I'm wondering if there are any downloads to increase the maximum number of data points for Scatter plots in Excel. I'm restricted by the 32000 point limit. Thank you Harish Kukreja Hi AFAIK: no -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Zero" <Zero@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:63C8D5A1-8085-4552-8F8A-DC3E8589C799@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm wondering if there are any downloads to increase the maximum number of > data points for Scatter plots in Excel. I'm restricted by the 32000 point > limit. > &g...

excel VBA

Sorting numbers acts like text sort
We have a worksheet (Excel 2000) that was e-mailed to us. When we open it, it says there are macros, which there aren't. No matter if we say "Disable" or "Enable" macros, all cells are formatted to "General", and when sorting, the numbers 10000, 7102, 1169 sort as: 10000, 1169, 7102. We can try to format as number, but to no avail. Sorting still isn't right. Have seen this many times before, but don't know how to resolve. Can you help? Thanks. Never mind. Sorry to waste your time. Saw two suggestions below on this page. Missed them the first ...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...