How to run my rules before the Junk email filter

Hello,

I am using Outlook 2007 and I need to run my rules first before the Junk
email takes care of the new incoming mail.

I just can't figure it out.

Thank you in advance.

Rules can't be run before junk email. You'll need to put addresses on the
Safe Sender or Recipient list to prevent the junk filter from processing the
mail.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Lyes" <Lyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using Outlook 2007 and I need to run my rules first before the Junk
> email takes care of the new incoming mail.
>
> I just can't figure it out.
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
Diane

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Disappearing Emails #6
Hello All, I am having trouble with items disappearing within the Deleted Items folder in Outlook. After I delete unwanted emails, they get sent there but after a minute or so, they automatically disappear. Auto-archive is on and set for 14 days and clean setting for the archive is 6 months. Also, the "warn before permanently deleting items" option in the tools is checked. We have checked the Exchange server and nothing seems to be out of place on that end. Is this a simple setting that I am overlooking? ...

Phantom email #3
About 2 or 3 months ago, I noted that the Outlook status bar states that it is sending email, but when I check the outbox, there are no messages there. Have checked my system using several virus checkers etc. No viruses. Using XP professional, Office 2003 on a Dell inspiron 600 m. Any ideas on how to stop this? Lucian Sitwell It may be a read receipt. Try this to see if it helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent...

Filtering #16
I have a spreadsheet with filters. For some reason, I cannot click on the filter or go to data to eteher turn on or offr the filter. I don't know why, but I did notice that the title at the top of the psge ends with [Group]. Any ideas. Right click the sheet tab and select Ungroup Sheets. Hope this helps Rowan RichR wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with filters. For some reason, I cannot click on the > filter or go to data to eteher turn on or offr the filter. I don't know why, > but I did notice that the title at the top of the psge ends with [Group]. > Any idea...

run time error 10-22-03

I am not able to send email?
I am able to recieve but not send email. checked my settings & configurations and everything seems to be right. What can I do? I am using Microsoft office 2003 & Outlook Express Angie <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am able to recieve but not send email. checked my settings & > configurations and everything seems to be right. What can I do? > I am using Microsoft office 2003 & Outlook Express If you're sending mail with Outlook Express, then ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. For Outlook, it's most likely a matter of proper auth...

Automatically run macro

Hyperlinks and Automatic Filtering
I've built a hyperlink from one worksheet to another which works fine, but I want to automatically filter the data in the destination worksheet - can this be done? Thanks, Bob. There is a worksheet_activate event that you might be able to use to. It works in xl2002 when you go to a worksheet via hyperlink, but I recall an earlier discussion that said it didn't fire in either xl97 or xl2k. (bad memory!) Try right clicking on the worksheet tab that you jump to. Select view code and paste this in. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() MsgBox "hi from " &...

outlook 2000, email editor is word, no room for text
New user of Outlook 2000. Set WORD 2000 as email editor. Open for New mail and get big gray space after first line of tool bar and small space to enter text. Each subsequent new mail, the text space disappears completely as the gray space between the two tool bars expands. Please Help. Thanks, Meryl ...

Extracting Email Addresses within Message
Help! I have been receiving a very large amount of returned email errors. Over 200. In order to properly investigate and validate email addresses enclosed in each returned email error message, I need to create a complete list of them. Without going into each and everyone to cut & paste. That would take way longer than I have available. Is there a method or freeware utilities that could extract all email addresses from within the message area of each email automatically? Thank in advance. //Ken The root-cause of these messages are probably spammers and virus-infected machines on the...

Excel Continuous Running Total

Creating html emails, with pictures like a newletter
I want ot mail customers with newsletter emails. They will include a picture or two as well, is publisher the program to use and then send as an email? Is there a better way to do classy emails just book new zealand <justbooknewzealand@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want ot mail customers with newsletter emails. They will include a > picture or two as well, is publisher the program to use and then send > as an email? No. > Is there a better way to do classy emails Yes. I'm not sure of specific application names (besides the usual e...

Since upgrading to Office 2008 all mail goes into the Junk Folder . . .
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop .. . . why? With Office/Entourage 2004 all my mail went right where it was suppose to without any Rules. Now the only mail that goes into the Inbox is by a Rule. And Protection Level is None. On 2/22/10 5:08 PM, FarmerBob@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power > PC Email Client: pop . . . why? With Office/Entourage 2004 all my mail > went right where it was suppose to without any Rules. Now the only mail > that goes in...

How do you transfer emails from one computer to the next?
My PC is having problems with my email Outlook, so I used my laptop to get the emails. Once the PC is fixed, I want to transfer the emails I have received the last few days backto my PC. How do I do that? Thanks, Don "Don Smith" wrote: > My PC is having problems with my email Outlook, so I used my laptop to > get the emails. Once the PC is fixed, I want to transfer the emails I > have received the last few days backto my PC. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > > Don > I take it your not on a network using exchange? The only think I can think of is pu...

Outlook 2007 Help Files Corrupted, Font Problems, E-Mail Rules Ign
I re-installed 2007 to an HP laptop, running Windows 7. I'm having all kinds of new quirks & problems. 1. My Help files are written in HTML - so I cannot read them. This is the in-house help. The online help is fine. 2. I cannot format my fonts in responding to or forwarding email. The options are grayed out and I have to the fonts by hand each time I want someone to be able to read what I'm sending or the print is too small. 3. Every rule is ignored 2 to 5 times. What is going on. I'm perplexed. -- Living large in So Cal ...

Money 2002 will not run

Outlook 2003 rule for incoming mails
Hi, lets say I have a contact "John Miller" with the primary e-mail address john.miller@somewhere.com and secondary jmiller@elsewhere.com. I would like to set up a rule which only applies to some of John Millers addresses, but not to others, i.e. if I receive an e-mail addressed to jmiller I would like to forward it or move it to another folder or delete it, but that shouldn't apply to mails sends to john.miller. The problem is, if I setup a definition for that, Outlook overwrites the e-mail address with the "John Miller" contact information and that results in a rule ...

setting up an email account
Ok I had to redo my computer and I used to use this email all the time but now I cant set it up right. For incoming I used to use pop.insight.rr.com for outgoing was smtp.insight.rr.com this is not right I use insight which is a form or Time Warner. This is the error I get when I hit download mail and I followed instructions ugh, I use a pop3 at leaast I always did. The host 'pop.insight.rr.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'pop.insight.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: ...

Maximum Number of Rules
does anyone have an idea what the maximum number of rules outlook allows per user? Is there a value setting to increase or decrease the allowable number? Thanks No specific number, the limitation is 32K worth of rules and it can't be changed. Rules in Outlook 2002 and earlier that have any text store the text in ANSI (one byte per character) while Outlook 2003 uses Unicode (2 bytes per character) so on the average you can have fewer rules in Outlook 2003 than in Outlook 2002 or earlier. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsof...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Divert all email from/to a given domain?
Is here a way with exchange 2003 to divert all messages sent and received from a certain domain (anybody@competitor.com) to a given internal mailbox? Such as boss@ourcompany.com Thanks Carl A -- Stack manipulation: The use of inflatable falsies. -Datamazing, 4/1/78 In news:45ABB475.8050002@nowhere.com, Ciaraga <Cia@nowhere.com> typed: > Is here a way with exchange 2003 to divert all messages sent and > received from a certain domain (anybody@competitor.com) to a given > internal mailbox? Such as boss@ourcompany.com > > Thanks > > Carl A The only thing b...