how to minimise photo attachments for email sending ?

when i attach a photo to an outgoing email, it takes hours for it to go
through. I'm told bye the receiver, that it the picture is absolutely huge &
takes hours to come in on the server.
     if i could minimise the photo, it would go through quicker & could be
re-enlarged bye the receiver ??

1) Yes.
2) In general "No". Specifics would depend on the original file-format of
the picture if you are sending. If in bmp-format; then it can be compressed
and decompressed without affecting the original image. Converting it to a
different file-format such as jpg or png would also significantly reduce the
size of the original bmp-file without (noticeably) affecting its quality.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"confusedman" <confusedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i attach a photo to an outgoing email, it takes hours for it to go
> through. I'm told bye the receiver, that it the picture is absolutely huge
> &
> takes hours to come in on the server.
>     if i could minimise the photo, it would go through quicker & could be
> re-enlarged bye the receiver ??

0
Roady

External Mail Wont Send Out From New Server
Hello all, We are performing a swing migration to new hardware. The original server is win2003 with exchange 2003 sp2. The new server is win2003 with exchange 2003 sp2 as well. I also have another temp server configured as a front-end with win2003, exchange 2003 and sp2. I installed the new replacement server into same org and it shows in the admin console. I am able to move mailboxes from the original server to this new server and receive incoming mail both internal and external after homing the mailboxes on the new server but when I try and send email to an external address from an...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

Multiple sendings of emails
Hi, Can anyone explain why my Outlook 2003 is sending emails that have more than one recipient multiple times . It occurs with distribution lists and with emails with multiple recipients. This isn't a consistent behaviour but frequent enough to be a major productivity hassle. (We have recently changed ISP, but thus far believe the ISP that it is not a fault with their service). Thank you, Graham Does your antivirus scan outgoing email? That often causes such problems. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

Generating a Report and emailing it
I need to be able to set up a button on my form so I can send an email that contains certain fields from the specific record I'm currently on. It will need to combine with some standard text that will be on all the emails. How do I begin this process? ...

pdf attachment
We are currently utilizing outlook 2002 on a windows 2000 platform. An email came though in which I cannot see an attachment but do see it when forwarding it. I also see it if I go into File. It will say Save Attachment. How can I have access to see this attachment when I first recieve it? ...

doc attachments won't open
I have Word 2007 and when someone sends a *.doc attachment it won't open. If you copy it to the desktop or somewhere else, it opens fine. I did check default programs and Word is set to open .doc files Opening an attachment without saving it first is asking for trouble. Any editing you do to it won't be saved, since it's just sitting in a temporary folder that gets deleted when you exit Word. On Nov 21, 6:32=A0pm, tomg88 <tom...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and when someone sends a =A0*.doc attachment it won't op= en. > If you...

Outlook 2002 Hangs on Replying to Email
I have a PC running Win2000 Professional and Office XP SBE. Outlook default to using Word as Email Editor, but NOT to use Word to read RTF. There is one particular email which is in htm format. When clicked on Reply, Outlook will hang, and the computer becomes very sluggish. Task Manager shows Winword process is using 100% CPU. To recover from the situation, the Winword process has to be killed. With other emails there is no problem whatsoever. There is an KB article (811946) that seems to cover this, and it refers to a hotfix. Any comments on similar experience would be welcomed. And ...

Logging Attachments
Dear friends My boss asked from me to give him reports about all attachments with *.cdr that had not send to "approved" domains My question can I get this reports using exchange 2000 or may be 2003 "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0BAA1B4F-8EE5-407C-8C58-BC29A95C0E75@microsoft.com: > My boss asked from me to give him reports about all attachments with > *.cdr that had not send to "approved" domains. > > My question can I get this reports using exchange 2000 or may be 2003? > You will lik...

Outlook 2003 Sending out emails over and over until stopped
For some inexplicable reason Outlook 2003 has sent out several of my emails over and over again to one of my mailing lists. I sent the email only one time to this list, but it was being continually sent until I accidently saw it (some 25 minutes later) stopped it. Receipients got the message up to 30 times and the message had an attachment that was 100K or over. My PC is connected to the internet buy Cable Modem, has no viruses, no pests or rogue programs and is up to date with all the Microsoft updates for both Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows XP. It is not a virus issue. I ...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

Mail Merge from attachment
I get mailing labels from trusted senders in .csv and .xls format as attachments in my e-mail. I would like to have Outlook do a mail merge with the attachment when it comes in, and print the results. Is this possible? Matthew you would need to use vba or exlife (www.ornic.com). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as...

Ooutlook 2003 minimising
When Minimise clicked on tool bar the Outlook closes. Any ideas why or what to do to correct Do you still see the Outlook icon in the right bottom corner (Notification Area which you may need to expand when using Windows XP)?. Then Outlook isn't closed. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove ...

Exchange Attachment Processors
I have Exchange 5.5 and am reviewing a potential path for us to remain below the 16GB store limit. I have noticed several add-on offerings that handle email attachments by saving them to harddisk and placing a link in the email. We are a small manufacturing company with 175 mailboxes. We need something that functions automatically and reliably without breaking the bank! (who isn't though! :) ) We process a lot of email with attachments. In general, it is better practice to save the attachement to disk where it is more easily backedup/restored and more easily accessed by others in the comp...

How to soften edges of photo in Publisher?
How do I soften/ blur/ fade the edges of a photo in Publisher 2003? Sometimes I do not want crisp borders. Thank you. Use a photo editor to do photo editing tasks then insert the edited photo into Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "LBFRD" <LBFRD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B67CA6C-5A88-4C1B-ACB1-88D09C1ED39F@microsoft.com... > How do I soften/ blur/ fade the edges of a photo in Publisher 2003? > Sometimes > I do not want crisp borders. Thank you. ...

Double Email #2
I'm getting the same email twice whenever I download my email from a POP server. Please help. ...

How do I move text to beside (rather than after) a photo?
I have MS Word 2007. When I place a photo or text box onto a page, I can't then get text to enter beside it. The cursor will only go to the side just above or below the photo. How do I enter text alongside the picture? Change the text wrapping on the photo or text box to Square. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mrs Mainster" <Mrs Mainster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C43DF85-E305-4DEC-8F8A-3BF1D544FF62@microsoft.com... >I have MS Word 2007. > When...

Outlook Attachments Not Attaching
When sending attachments using Outlook they do not attach. Is there an update that I need to correct this. I am currently using Outlook Express which allows the attachments to attach but Express doesn't have a calendar. Thank you, JB ...

envoi photo
salut çava Oui save et toi -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "abdellah" <abdellah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E18EE98C-FD4A-4A60-8226-2AA72A8E0295@microsoft.com... > salut çava ...

HTML Email templates in MS CRM 1.2
Dear all, In MS CRM version 1.0 there was the possibility to include HTML in an email template. When you would include some table, link or image html tags in the email they would be converted and diplayed as html. Our problem is that version 1.2 doesn't seem to support this any longer. Is this true or is there another way to do this. If it is remover, why has that been done. Regards, Edwin Jongsma, Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_0993C774 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Yes this is a removal in v 1.2 to disallow scripting via the editor. Thanks, Priya J...

embedded clipart not showing up in recieved email
Hello, Has anyone come acrossed the problem where embedded clipart will not display in recieved email. I have messed with changing between html and rich text. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Brad Moody bmoody@watstatecu.org ...

Email Subject GUID to Email Header
I have the understanding that there is a patch which, rather than removing the GUID from the email completely, move the GUID from the subject line to the email header. After scouring the microsoft site and being unable to find this anywhere, I should be very grateful if someone would point me in the right direction and help to convince me that I've not made this up... or worse dreamt it... Thankyou in advance ...

Publisher 2002 Photo Crop Problem
I apologize if I am posting this problem twice. However, I couldn't tell if the first time posted or not. The problem is: When I crop a photo I've placed in a Publisher 2002 document, it looks fine on the screen. However, when I print it, the portion of the photo that is cropped is exactly the reverse of what it looked like on the screen. For example, if I crop the top of the photo off, it prints with the bottom of the photo cropped off. How do I fix this so that what shows as cropped on the screen is what prints? Thank you so much for any help! Is this all photos? Might ...

Run Blocked Attachment
Whenever I try to run a shortcut link which I inserted in the note area of a Task item or an Appointment item , I receive an Attachment Security Warning. Is there any way to run it directly without saving it? I've already unblocked the filetype through Level1Remove in the registry. Still, directly running a shortcut link in the attachment won't be allowed. Please help. Thanks. Armstrong ...

Picture It! Photo 2002 will not reinstall
I have been using Microsoft Picture It Publishing for several years. The program came installed on my Dell computer. Last week my Dell died and I just bought a Gateway. Both had Windows XP. I can install it on the Gateway but if I try to open anything old or start anything new, it just crashes completely. I have hundreds of saved documents that I can't even open now. Please help. Also, if I try to register or seek any help on it, Microsoft tells me that "the page no longer exists". Is there an error message? Try the compatibility tab, right-click the program icon,...