How to import Outlook Express messages into MS Outlook 2007

Hi,

My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from Outlook
Express(My old computer that ran WinXP).  I have the .dbx files archived to
an external drive, and copied and pasted them to a folder on the windows
desktop. When I run the import function in Outlook 2007, I can't get it to
point to the folder where the messages are stored. I have a feeling this is
not going to work with Windows 7, but if it can, please let me know what I'm
doing wrong. If not, is there a way around this to get the messages into
Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

0
sheana

"sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from
> Outlook Express(My old computer that ran WinXP).  I have the .dbx files
> archived to an external drive, and copied and pasted them to a folder on
> the windows desktop. When I run the import function in Outlook 2007, I
> can't get it to point to the folder where the messages are stored. I have
> a feeling this is not going to work with Windows 7, but if it can, please
> let me know what I'm doing wrong. If not, is there a way around this to
> get the messages into Outlook?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think you'll need to install Windows Live Mail as an intermediary.
Download and install, import your OE mail to that, then EXPORT from WLM to
Outlook.

0
Gordon
5/18/2010 1:10:32 PM
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/convert_oe.htm for a tutorial.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from
> Outlook Express(My old computer that ran WinXP).  I have the .dbx files
> archived to an external drive, and copied and pasted them to a folder on
> the windows desktop. When I run the import function in Outlook 2007, I
> can't get it to point to the folder where the messages are stored. I have
> a feeling this is not going to work with Windows 7, but if it can, please
> let me know what I'm doing wrong. If not, is there a way around this to
> get the messages into Outlook?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Diane
5/18/2010 4:09:47 PM
"sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from Outlook
> Express(My old computer that ran WinXP).

No need to ask more than once.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

categories in Outlook
There must be a way to set a default category for use in Outlook? But, I cannot find a method. Can anyone help? Eric ...

excel 97 xml import

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

OutLook 2003 #38
Anyone out there using outlook 2003. I seem to have a problem and not sure why. In the Junkmail Options if you select Safe Lists Only it should only allow items in your lists or in contacts. Well, it lets all mail through even the just mail... Anyone else having this problem? -Mark ...

Importing Dynamic data

Dealing with Apostrophes in my data -- Access 2007 VBA
I have some programming that includes using a contact's name which sometimes includes an apostrophe, like O'Keefe, O'Reilly, etc. This is causing me grief when it crashes otherwise perfect coding. How can I deal with this issue? On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:17:52 -0800, LA Lawyer wrote: > I have some programming that includes using a contact's name which sometimes > includes an apostrophe, like O'Keefe, O'Reilly, etc. This is causing me > grief when it crashes otherwise perfect coding. > > How can I deal with this issue? The usual f...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

OUTLOOK.exe generates errors (Outlook 2000)
Hello, I have a computer giving me persistent errors in Outlook 2000. Every 10-15 minutes or so, Outlook locks up and displays the following error message: "OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will need to be closed by Windows. You may need to restart the program. An error log is being created." When I click the "OK" button, Outlook closes. When I restart Outlook, the same error message occurs within 10- 15 minutes. I have been getting this error since Thursday. I've tried the "Detect and Repair" feature in my Office 2000 software several times...

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file

Outlook 2007 restricting me from connecting to IE 8
When I open an email that has a link, and i click on the link to access it I get a message that reads: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator". Why am i being restricted? I check for permissions and it checked "no restrictions". Can anyone help? -- Tony R Tony wrote: > When I open an email that has a link, and i click on the link to access it I > get a message that reads: "This operation has been canceled due to > restrictions in effect on this comput...

delete all messages in queue
Is there a quick way to delete all the messages in a queue. We had a system problem and the offending system sent over 10k error messages. I disabled the outbound mail to prevent them from going out, but they are will in the queue. Is there a way to just delete them all at once? Darrell "Darrell" <eddy@latech.edu> wrote in message news:uozCDZB2GHA.868@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a quick way to delete all the messages in a queue. We had a > system problem and the offending system sent over 10k error messages. I > disabled the outbound mail to pre...

Outlook & Outlook Express conflicts over folders?
I am sharing Outlooks pst file over a network but if this is in use elsewhere on the network I can't write or reply to emails although using Outlook Express & not Outlook. Also if the network is down I can't us Express either because it obviously can't see the pst. I do not use Outlook for anything but YearView which is a calendar program. I use a Palm PDA for contact's etc. I share the pst so anyone on the network can see the year planner. I understand that only one at a time can use the yearview (pst) at any one time and this is not a problem. I use Outlook Express for ...

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...