How, retrieve hidden email from task folder (sent by rule)?

I created a rule that would take any email sent by me to my inbox and copy it
to my task folder. The idea was to create tasks by sending myself an email.

It did move the email (I know because the task folder shows unread message =
1), but it can't be viewed from the task folder (I assume this is because the
email isn't converted into a task form).

I need to removed the message(s) I've sent from the task folder, but I
cannot find a way to do that. Tried advanced search of the tasks folder for
unread messages with no luck.

Please help!

Did you try using advanced find to look for unread items in that folder?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"iceman00000" <iceman00000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a rule that would take any email sent by me to my inbox and copy
> it
> to my task folder. The idea was to create tasks by sending myself an
> email.
>
> It did move the email (I know because the task folder shows unread message
> =
> 1), but it can't be viewed from the task folder (I assume this is because
> the
> email isn't converted into a task form).
>
> I need to removed the message(s) I've sent from the task folder, but I
> cannot find a way to do that. Tried advanced search of the tasks folder
> for
> unread messages with no luck.
>
> Please help!

0
Diane

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Reminders, Tasks and Appointments in 2003
I just upgraded to OL 2003 and don't always have it open or active when I have an appointment, task or reminder set to alert me of something I need to take of at that time. Is there a way to set OL to "go off" even if it is not open or active? Thanks very much. No, the program has to be Open to work. You can try a third party program that will keep a stub of Outlook open to notify you of new mail and appointments. Try this page for a list of suitable candidates: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

forwarded email repeats
In Outlook 2007 if I forward an email to 3 recipients, each recipient gets 3 copies, and so on. Anyone struck this phenomenon? -- Grimwadec Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads...

Hidden Field in Datasheet view for a table
Hello All, when I go to Table Design, there is a column named Field 1 (it is text). When I switch to Datasheet View, it becomes hidden. Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance Sam Berry "Hidden" as in zero-width, or "hidden" as in "off-screen"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is ...

Draging Email to Folder and maintain sent/received date
Using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000, and Windows XP. I have a user that would like to archive emails within the associated jobs folder and somehow have the sent/received date of the email as a column in the folder. When the emails are copied there the date listed (Date Modified) is the date it was copied; also the "Date Created" and "Date Accessed". Is this possible or is there another alternative? The user does not wish to create pst files for each job. Thanks, No, not possible since it's no longer an Outlook item now but a file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

HOW DO I SET UP EMAIL FOR 2 USERS IN SEPERATE VIEWS
can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as well as his and can view only his emails. Help!? A good reference site is http://www.scicable.com/identities.htm . Hope that helps. James <nikinahnah@bridge-of-love.com> wrote in message news:0d3501c4a648$c8062ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband > comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? > my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as ...

Opening emails
I have managed to change this before but cannot find where this would be done. When looking at new emails in the preview pane (not opening the email) and then switching to another email, it automatically becomes "Read". How to I go about changing this? I remember when I managed to do it before it had reference to the time spent looking at the email. Thanks for your help Freddie Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Reading Pane... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook F...

email in html
How do I keep from getting incoming email in html format? You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JR asked: | How do I keep from getting incoming email in html format? ...

How do I stop copying hidden columns?
Columns for each record in my main spreadsheet are wanted for different purposes. I thought I could simply hide the columns that weren't needed and copy the values for the ones I wanted to do more work on, into a separate sheet. But I find that the 'hidden' columns are being copied too! How can I copy and paste just the columns I need? I would have thought this was a basic necessity of a spreadsheet - and, indeed, the point behind hiding columns -, so I hope I don't have to copy the whole thing and delete columns each time! (I suppose I could link each column in the ...

email forwarding (results in two forwarded emails)
Environments is as follows Single Domain spanning two sites SiteA - Combined Exchange 2003 Server + 2003 DC Server (Just recently migrated from 200DC + Exchange 5.5) SiteB - Two Separate Exchange 2003 and 2003 AD DC A number of the accounts belonging to SiteA Admin Group have automatic forwards to external emails with a copy stored in the mailbox. When these accounts are sent external or emails from SiteA all is fine, however emails sent from users in SiteB results in two forwarded emails. It appears SiteB takes it on itself to forward the email to the external address, and the...

Outlook Rules work sporatically
I will try to be thorough, my Outlook rules, work on occasion. The rules are setup up to move emails from my inbox to other personal folders I have created, but at times they work, at times they don't. I have erased all of the rules and recreated them and the problem still persists, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Corky Is it possible that multiple rules are acting on a single message, producing results that are not what you intended? If so, try adding "stop processing more rules" to your rules and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Permissions to sub-folders
Since sub-folder permissions must be given individually, would a possible solution be to create a .pst file for a main folder, transfer it to a common network drive where someone else can open it in their folder list? Are .pst files 'shareable'? Can a .pst file be made from a folder and all of its sub-folders? -- Sunrise ...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

email & word
Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability to open email attachments. -- Thanks aWebParson Do you mean you no longer get attachments or you can't open them? What program do you use for email? What message do you get? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "awebparson" <awebparson@charter.net> wrote in message news:10ai59ur26h5t0e@corp.supernews.com... > Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability > to open email attachments. > > -- > Thanks > aWebParson > > ...

email addy with permanant subject line
Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a permanant subject line using contacts or? I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one email address; %FlashGet% -dl URL thanks Bob Leanin' Cedar <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote: > Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a > permanant subject line using contacts or? > > I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one > email address; > %FlashGet% -dl URL You could create a draft message with the recipient and subject you want. -- ...

view full folder without having to open it
I went from Outlook Express to Outlook. In left panel folders for Hotmail accounts have to be double clicked before see if received any messages. In OL express they were open so I could see if any messages. How do I set it up in OL to do same thing? Which version of Outlook? It's not supported in all versions and requires an SP in others. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Missing pictures from emails
Hi, When I send an email in Outlook containing pictures in the text body, some recipients receive OK others are missing the pictures. Anyone know why this happens an what can be done so that all can view the pictures? Thanks. what message format? if you attach them, do they arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

PSD: Task Assignments & Work Adjustments
Is there a way for Project to allow me to add new resources to a task and not have it adjust everyones allocation? I would prefer it increment total work effort. One would think that Fixed Units would accomplish this; however... PSD -- You need to deselect the Effort Driven option for the task. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "projectserverdragon" <projectserverdragon@discussions.micr...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Email Addresses in Outlook 2000
I have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 for my email program. However, it seems that the addresses are still connected to the OE format (right click on properties, the OE window appears). I believe that this causes some confusion as to the Name lists. For example, everyone with Jr., Sr., or other title is listed by that letter. Please explain on converting to reflecting the Outlook format. Thanks, Glen What mail support mode did you install? Internet Mail Only mode still uses the Windows Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Glen Raggio" <gmra...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...