how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders

this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing
it?

thanks

Mike (from Australia)

mikeo;143428 Wrote:
> this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually
> doing
> it?
>
> thanks
>
> Mike (from Australia)

What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector,
remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta
connector then recreate the account.

Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

--
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Slipstick

outlook clean free/busy script?
I have an exchange 2003 environment with about 50 conference room resources. I am using this program to manage my resources: http://www.swinc.com/products/ERM/ Users are using all versions of Outlook. Occasionally, the free/busy info for some of the resources gets corrupt. When inviting them as a resource, they report busy for times they aren't and free for times they aren't. I log in as an account that has rights to the resource, configure a outlook profile for that resource, and start outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch. It resolves the issue almost immediately. Is there an...

Outlook doesn't save logon information
Hello, I upgraded Office XP to SP3 on two of our computers. Now Outlook does not save logion information like username and Domain name. We need to type it in every time. I know that this is a SP3 issue. Does anyone know about any solutions for this? Thanks You may want to take a look at this Technet article: OL: You Continuously Receive Prompts for Your NT Domain Credentials http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b321652 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d88c01c4233c$83ecf15...

Can not view public folders except as owner
I have exchange 2000 server and I am unable to view a contacts or calendar folder I have created unless I have permissions as owner. I tried to set users with vaious permissions such as publishing editor and reviewer but neither could view the folders. Is there something I need to do to clean up the views/permissions? ...

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window
Hello, I am facing above error problam, my system is Windows XP and as I remember I didn't install any new software, anyways also i tried with Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetnavpane but still same message is coming out, any other way to do ? What version of Outlook? Does it open in safe mode? Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe (note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) "Tufail" <Tufail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1895F749-4A5D-4D8C-B5B2-43DA37A79D57@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I am facing above error problam, my s...

Outlook Connector
I am running Windows 7, 64bit . I have attempted to download Outlook Connector and keep getting a 1935 error message. I have .NET 3.5 on the system. What do I have to do to get Outlook Connector to install? "SAG" <SAG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E694F8-2923-4B03-AFC2-777767F64D53@microsoft.com... >I am running Windows 7, 64bit . I have attempted to download Outlook > Connector and keep getting a 1935 error message. I have .NET 3.5 on the > system. What do I have to do to get Outlook Connector to install? You say you "at...

What is that add on in Pub. 2003
What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? More Money -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi Joseph A Zupko (unmonitored@sbcglobal.net) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? It's Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 (less the clipart). -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Outlook Profile Generation Utility (ProfGen)
Hello, I have been using the Outlook Profile Generation Utility and it's great, but on some newer laptops it seems to crash? I am wondering if there's any reason for it working 95% of the time but in some cases it just throws a fatal error.. Thanks dux0r ...

Outlook will not remember password
Just upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003 and now outlook will not remember password, everytime send/recieve starts it asks for it again. Have tried everything including deleting and reinstaling Office. Please Help! For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express)...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

stops responding

Outlook 2000 delete message
I am having trouble deleteing a message in Outlook 2000. The message is pending in the outbox, and will not be deleted. The message has an attachment, and the address is incorrect. When I try to delete or move to the deleted folder, nothing happens. If I try to open the message, I get an error message saying the MAPI-spooler has already started the transfer of the message. (The message will print) This message is blocking the send/receive function, and I am unable to use Outlook. I have tried to uninstall Outlook, but the message reappears after reinstalling. Please help, any sugg...

distribution list size in exchange 2003
Hi there I have a SBS2003 machine, with some folders underneath the public folders. these folders contain contacts in distribution lists. I am getting intermittent errors when I attempt to update some of the information for some of these contacts in the distribution lists... the errors relate to Distribution list is too large to save onto your network email server" Just wondering what the size limit is for a distribution list residing in public folders in exchange 2003? Client using outlook xp Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238569&P...

Outlook SpamPal Disfunction
I ave Office XP (Outlook 2002) & OE6 on a W2K machine. OL is my default mail reader and OE is my default news reader. I normally read news after mail by choosing View\Go To\news on the OL menu bar. The problem is that the settings to access the incoming mail pop3 server work for OL and for OE if you opened each on their own but when you go to read news on OE via OL, OE all of a sudden can't find the incoming pop3 server to log on. The account settings are OL mail account and OE news account there is no option to put a mail account on OE as OL is the default mail reader and I believe...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Tracking changes on OUtlook 2000 reolys
We are not able to turn on the tracking changes under Outlook 2000. It works fine under Word, but Outlook has it greyed out. We seem to have the same problem with Outlook 2003. Outlook 97 works just fine. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

outlook 2002 #101
desperately needs help! i set up a new account in outlook 2002 and i got an error message that said " unable to log in to incoming mail server" and i was unable to send test email after clicking on the "test settings " button. i checked my username and password and the pop and smtp settings and they're fine. what seems to be wrong ? ...

recipient policy stopped working

Synchronizing resource preprocessor definitions and regular definitions
Hi, I have an MFC app built in VS2005 that has various different resources depending on preprocessor definitions CHOICE_ONE, CHOICE_TWO, or CHOICE_THREE. I've created copies of the relevant resources, and assigned conditions to each of them. I've also added the definitions to "Project Properties->Resources->General->Preprocesor definitions". I need the definitions to be seen by my application code as well, since there are 3 different code paths depending on the proprocessor definition, so I put the #defines in a separate file choice.h and #include in ...

How can I trasnfer my contacts from Palm to outlook?
I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to Outlook is it possible? Mirta Ortiz Ortega <Mirta Ortiz Ortega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to > Outlook is it possible? With the sync tool that came with your Palm it should be. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Express problem in Windows XP
Hello, I encountered the following error when I ran Outlook Express in Windows XP. "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft Support for futher assistance. (0x8007007E, 126)" Do you know how to resolve this problem? If you know, please reach me at big_hkkid@yahoo.com Thanks in advance. Lee Post in microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress -- mdh "Lee Chiu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Manage Group Calendar-Public Folder
HELP!! I need to accomplish the following in a public folder, (1) Ability to Manage a group calendar with several different types of event/appointment types (Tour details, conferenec info, available dates for tours, training etc.) (2) Each event type should only have one or two owners who can modify the appointment information for a particular event type: ( If necessary, we can have separate sub calendars for each type as described above and maybe somehow update the master calendar automatically if there is a change in the sub calendar folders) Any help will be appreciated. Th...

E-mail deletion in Outlook
When I read a new e-mail and close it after reading, it disappears completely. My operating system is Windows XP Professional. Any ideas? It's probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden messages should reappear. Also, make sure you're not sorting your Inbox on the Icon column, which can also appear to hide messages. -...