Sometimes when I send an email, I want to keep a copy ofr myself. When I
enter my email address in the cc part, this always goes straight to the
deleted folder, even though I have my email listed as a safe sender. Any
suggestions?

On 13/03/2010 01:53, technochallenged wrote:
> Sometimes when I send an email, I want to keep a copy ofr myself.

Outlook automatically keeps a copy of every email you send in the Sent
Items folder.
There is no need to cc yourself.

0
Gordon
3/13/2010 9:50:48 AM
"technochallenged" <technochallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D44D2E99-9067-48F7-8E00-1E2E11B1625F@microsoft.com...

> Sometimes when I send an email, I want to keep a copy ofr myself. When I
> enter my email address in the cc part, this always goes straight to the
> deleted folder, even though I have my email listed as a safe sender. Any
> suggestions?

What type of account?  What version of Outlook?  Do you have any rules?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Combine Email Data
I have two computers. I use Outlook on each. I Use one email account. I would like to be able to somehow be able to keep the two accounts synchronized with each other. I have tried several variations of Importing the PST file, but when I do so it seems to set up a new personal folder. Ideally I would like it to combine the current data with the items I import and neatly sort it all into it's respective folders. I have tried, "dont import duplicates" and "replace duplicates" and havent been able to get my desired result. Any assistance is sincerely appreci...

E2K
Whenever I reboot my Exchange 2000 server, users get old emails again. The emails show unread and appear as if it waa new mail ite. However, they are actually mail that has been read already. The outdated emails only appear after a reboot. It's as if they are stored in a queue or something and the reboot forces them out? Any ideas. As to whats happening. It creates an issue because some of the "bosses" think they missed important emails when in fact they did already get it. Thanks! as a best practice, make a clean shutdown of exchange before restarting the server. dism...

stops responding

Direct Email Button not available for user
One of my Users does not see the Direct Email Button on any screen, including advanced find or contacts or leads. What privilege do I need to give her to SEND Direct Email (and the button to show up)?? Thanks!! ...

Outlook 2000 delete message
I am having trouble deleteing a message in Outlook 2000. The message is pending in the outbox, and will not be deleted. The message has an attachment, and the address is incorrect. When I try to delete or move to the deleted folder, nothing happens. If I try to open the message, I get an error message saying the MAPI-spooler has already started the transfer of the message. (The message will print) This message is blocking the send/receive function, and I am unable to use Outlook. I have tried to uninstall Outlook, but the message reappears after reinstalling. Please help, any sugg...

Sub Folders Tasks to Outlook Today
Is it possible to get sub folder tasks to appear in Outlook Today? Gerry No, all you can do is to display a link to sub-task folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: gs <Celtic4Ever1967@hotmail.com> asked: | Is it possible to get sub folder tasks to appear in Outlook Today? | | Gerry How do I do that Thanks "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutsendingmemail.mvps.org> wrote in message news:eqisyUkpDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx....

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Saving/sharing emails
I need to store multiple emails from multiple users into one place regulary. I am struggling with the best way to do this! any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have thought about creating a personal folder and sharing it but cant seem to get the sharing option un blocked out. -- Regards Nickie PST files can't be opened by multiple computers at the same time. There are 3rd party solutions like http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfolders/olw1.htm that let this happen. The only other thing I can think of is to export the messages in ..TXT/.HTML/.MSG for...

emailing myself
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP This just started last week. When I "reply" to an email I have received, (not "reply all) I end up getting a copy of the email sent to myself. But this only happens in subfolders of my inbox, not the inbox itself. For example: I receive an email in my inbox -- I "reply" -- email gets sent to the original sender. If an incoming email is directed to a subfolder because of a rule, when I "reply" there is a copy of that reply email delivered to the same subfolder as the original email. Hope I'm explaining it clear...

What is the file called which holds outlook express email?
I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is called which stores all the email I have saved over the last few years... >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email >system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is >called which stores all the email I have saved over the >last few years... >. > It will either be a xxx.pst or a xxx.ost. Do a search on your hard drive for *.pst and it will show you where your file is located. Corrine ...

Missing Deleted Items Folder
A very strange problem has occured on one of our users mailbox. Basically their deleted items box has disappeared. I've tried running the mailbox on multiple computers with different profiles but I still can't see the deleted items folder. We are running Exchange 2003 in a AD enviroment with Outlook 2003 SP1 on the desktop. No other user has been affected as far as I know. Any ideas? hmmm...have you tried running Outlook with the /reset folders switch? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Simon" <simonav124@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139846723.395450.119150@o13g2000cw...

Deleting email 11-20-09
Does anyone know how to set an option in Windows mail where the next unread message will NOT automatically display after you delete a previous message? I assume you are reading each message in its own window by double- clicking on it. If so, when done reading that message, close the window, then delete that message from the message list pane. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "carole" <carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B848A41D-9880-40B9-BEEE-0CC12A4CF5CD@micros...

delete messages
I access the newsgroups via a News button on my outlook taskbar, this then opens the newsreader (outlook express). I have selected tasks; options; maintenance and then ticked "delete new messages 28 days after being downloaded" but they are still there. If I try to access these old messages then there is a line through them saying "no longer available". Can anyone tell me how to clear them from the page? Delete and or backspace does not do it. Thank you. If you don't get an answer here you may have to repost your question to an Outlook Express newsgroup. If you h...

Email forwarding mailbox filling up
I am using a forwarding mailbox for a CRM4 install and the mailbox is filling up with messages even after they have been copied correctly into CRM history. What is the process for removing these as I thought they would go after being processed? -- PhilD Sometimes the forward mailbox can get hung up if there's a corrupt message, or a message with unexpected characters. If you can manually locate the message and delete it, then re-start the Email Router service, the remaining messages should get removed. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "PhilD" wr...

How to delete most of the "custom sort list"
I didnt like what Excel imported now I have a lot of junk that will take a very very long time to remove from the custom list. Is there a way to delet them? I tried shift control and selecting the ones but that didnt work. Thanks Do you want to delete all of them? If yes, you could run a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = Application.CustomListCount To 5 Step -1 Application.DeleteCustomList iCtr Next iCtr End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/...

recipient policy stopped working

Deleted Storage Volume Shadow Copy
While cleaning up phantom entries in Device Manager (With Show hidden and environment variable set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1) I accidently deleted "Storage Volume Shadow Copies". How do I get the system to recreate this entry? I have tried stopping/starting the VSS service. Turning off/on system restore. "Will" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:#tiP0j0nKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > While cleaning up phantom entries in Device Manager (With Show hidden and > environment variable > set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1) I ac...

Routing outbound email from branch back to main for internet delivery
I've originally setup my single domain, exchange 03 organization like this: main office exchange receives all email and routes email to branch office exchange server for those users. Mailboxes for users are on their respective office servers. So I have two routing groups, one going between main and branch and one for branch to main. In each I also have SMTP connectors for outbound internet email. I want to change this so the outbound email from the branch office routes the mail back to the main office and the main office exchange sends out to the internet. I'm not sure how to reco...

Track items in non-default Outlook folders
It is important to be able to "Track in CRM" Outlook items from non-default outlook folders. Some users (assistants to managers) have access to the Outlook calendar and Mailbox of the manager in order to schedule appointments and send email on behalf of the manager. They are currently unable to create any CRM outlook items on behalf of the manager as only their own outlook profile (and their default calendar) supports tracking in CRM (in CRM3.0). They do not use CRM appointment and email funcitonality from the CRM forms (outside of Outlook folders) due to the fact that you...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Manage Group Calendar-Public Folder
HELP!! I need to accomplish the following in a public folder, (1) Ability to Manage a group calendar with several different types of event/appointment types (Tour details, conferenec info, available dates for tours, training etc.) (2) Each event type should only have one or two owners who can modify the appointment information for a particular event type: ( If necessary, we can have separate sub calendars for each type as described above and maybe somehow update the master calendar automatically if there is a change in the sub calendar folders) Any help will be appreciated. Th...