How do I retrieve deleted messages

Accidentally deleted e-mails permanently.  Help!

Check your Deleted Items folder.  If not there...

If you have an Exchange server you can recover deleted items by going to
your Deleted Items folder and choosing Tools | Recover Deleted Items.

If you don't have an Exchange server then you can restore your PST from
backup.

If you don’t have a backup...

....well, it's a nice day out.  That’s something.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"greyhoundlov" <greyhoundlov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Accidentally deleted e-mails permanently.  Help!

0
Ben
5/11/2010 3:58:50 AM
"greyhoundlov" <greyhoundlov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Accidentally deleted e-mails permanently.  Help!

As Ben said, your most recent backup is your best resource if you're using a
PST.  You can also see this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

how do you delete account
I downloaded my checking information and somehow the balance is wrong. I need to delete checking account and then redownload checking activity. I must have done something wrong during the import to Money. I figured out how to delete one item at a time but that would be to time consuming being 100 transactions to delete. Walt The general answer for general cases of people not using Money Essential (MEss) is to go to the Account List, Select the account, and use the Delete... choice on the r-click menu. IF Money discovered this account on its own through the downloaded transaction dat...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

Delete email at set date
When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so it often does not get deleted. When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a date in the future? I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later, but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input. Barbara > When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or > weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my > inbox, so it often does not get delet...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Message Recall Failure #2
Help! - I recently recalled a message to someone who had Out of Office Auto Reply Set and have since been inundated (50+) Message Recall Failure messages. I am running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP Home Edition. Would welcome any suggestions on stopping this. Thanks in advance. ...

MTA warning message
Good day, i've been receiving a lot of warning msg concerning association recovery... "Association Recovery Failed - Original RTSE Control Block 2009 in wrong state 25. [PLATFORM RTSE 26 156] (14) " I;ve read some articles on technet, but they were stating network problems to be the cause (with other event id been repeeted in the eventvwr)... in my case, i just have the same event id appearing. Do I have to be concerned with this error or could it be on the remote side? Thank you in advance for your help. Alesandro. ...

Close Message box
I have created a message box with the following: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If ([REASON1] = 1 And [PLATFORM] = "QL" And [CLIENT_CARRIER_CODE] = "lzboy") Then MsgBox "Please check elegibility on RxClaim for DOF!" Me.PLATFORM.SetFocus '<---Assumption: control name is 'Platform" Cancel = True End If ExitProc: Exit Sub ProcError: MsgBox "Error" & Err.Number & ":" & Err.Description, vbCritical, "Error in procedure Form_BeforeUpdate..." Resume ExitProc End Sub What this does...

Is there a way I can find deleted assignments from 2007-2009?
These are important assignments. When were the files deleted? If they were deleted recently, there might be a chance, but special software will be needed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lola" <Lola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4531D857-9332-4E01-9C63-788B553C8EBF@microsoft.com... > These are important assignments. It may be possible. When files are deleted, what happens is that the sector(s) used on the HDD is marked as free and the file descriptor is removed from the FAT. In reality, the data is still on the disk UNLES...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Exchange 2003 mailbox setup to receive all messages from the other mail accounts?
Is it possible to setup an email account, in Exchange 2003, which transparently receives all the email messages sent by the other mail accounts on the domain? By transparently I mean that the employees shouldn't be aware of this configuration. I have this company which currently has its email handled by an external service company which runs MailEnable Enterprise email server. On the server side there is a mailbox, which receives all the mail sent-by and addressed-to all the other email accounts on the domain. The two VPs have access to this mailbox, so they can have records and contro...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Auto-Reply messages
From the reading I've been doing on this subjet it appears that Outlook sends only one Auto-Reply Out-of-Office message to each e-mail that it recieves a message from. For example, the first time JohnDoe@xyz.com sends a message to a user that has an OOF set, the sender will recieve the OOF message. If JohnDoe sends a second (or third, or tenth) message to that same user he will not recieve additional OOF messages. Is there a way to change this behavior? I realize that it is a risk, but I'd like every incoming message to be replied to regardless of whether the sender has sent...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox quota message
I'know NDR's can't be customized without MCS, but can't the Mailbox Quota alerts be. Also, doesn't the mailbox quota comes in different language, depending your Outlook language ( although, it generated by the server, so maybe it's only server language )... Thanks !!! -- I believe that the language for these messages is the one that's configured by the language of the Outlook or OWA client that first opens the mailbox. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.c...

Retrieve
Hi how do i retrieve all the postings i have posted in this group. sometimes forget of where i posted my i will be glad to get to know how to pull out my own questions cheers Click on your name to view the profile...Then click 'Recent posts by this user' http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a&mid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Amin" wrote: > Hi how ...

What happened to scroll message handler for CDialog
We have updated to C.Net at work and in adding a slider to a CDialog I went to handle the event from the dialog box as ususal and I couldn't find it. I also noticed that many of the layout tools are no longer working. What's going on. As far as I know everything still works the same. As for the layout problem I can't help you. But the scroll messages of the slider go to your CDialog class. capture the WM_HSCROLL message. Don't forget to compare the hwnd that is passed to you with your slider control to make sure the slider is the one who sent the message to you. Ali R....

Message Size Limit #4
Dear all, Current Mailbox Server = Exchange Server 5.5 with SP4 installed on NT4 domain Current Bridgehead Server with IMC service running = Exchange Server 5.5 with SP4 installed on NT4 domain I used to set mailbox user to have 2000 bytes size restriction for their outgoing mail Today I have increaser their message size for outgoing to 5000 bytes On bridgehead server, I do not set size limit for message size. However during my testing sending mails that are >4Mb, 5Mb, 6Mb & 7Mb, I consistently receve the following error message. May I know why? Ta. Your message did not reach s...

Start-up message
I have message from my removed software every time I start Outlook: The add-in: C:\Program Files\Psion\PsiWin\pwolplug.dll could not be installed or loaded ... Where is this info hidding for Outlook? How it could be removed? Thanks! ...

Retrieving
Is there any way to retrieve how many web pages are opened by Internet Explorer, and what URLs are opened by it, from another process? I searched for IHTMLDocument5 and so on, however, I could't find any hint. Please reply. Thanks in advance. Regards, Hyun-jik Bae ...

Delete Table
Delete Table I have a report bound to a table (made with a make-table query). I want to delete the table once the report is closed; I no longer need it. I can=92t delete the object, however, when the report closes because the report has the table locked and I don=92t see an unload event for the report. Any advice? Thanks, alex If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acReport, "rptYourReport") <> 0 Then DoCmd.Close acReport, "rptYourReport" End If Regards Kevin "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9192a8...

No free/busy information could be retrieved
Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch2003, once the 5.5 machine was turned off, users free/busy information is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned on it is available, does anyone know what I need to so that the information is available after 5.5 is turned off? -- Thanks Sounds like you forgot to re-home the System Public Folders (specifically the Free/Busy Public Folder) before turning the old server off. Follow the details in this article for a list of things you should do in order to retire the 5.5 server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 - referen...

retrieving my questions
I am still learning how to use this system to it's fullest. How can I locate the questions I have asked in the past? Is there an easy way? -- Zunibear in Montana It depends upon how you are viewing this forum. If using Outlook Express, make sure your view is set for all messages. You could then sort by "From". If you don't want to loose the threaded response view, don't sort, but you probably have a copy of any post you did in the "Sent Items" folder in Outlook Express. Look there, find the one you are interested in, and scroll to that date in the f...

Delete Duplicates for Outlook
Delete Duplicates for Outlook is available for download from: http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/ddo.zip Release Notes http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/ddo.txt Send your comments, ideas, bug reports to bujenovic@hotmail.com. Thank you. -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index ...