how do i refresh or sync all?

I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like
Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be
concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by
the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator?

Les

perhaps you mean Send/Receive ?

Still learning wrote:

> I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like
> Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be
> concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by
> the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator?
>
> Les

0
Bob
11/19/2009 2:07:00 PM
If you use a POP or IMAP account, you need to either use Send and Receive
(F9 for keyboarders) or set up automatic send and receives (Ctrl+alt+S).

Exchange and Outlook connector work on their own schedules - Exchange will
push mail to outlook as it arrives.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Still learning" <Still learning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like
> Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be
> concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed
> by
> the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator?
>
> Les

0
Diane

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

One way sync
CRM 1.2 Exchange 2003 SQL 2000 Outlook 2003 Create a CRM appointment in Outlook and it shows up in CRM. Create an appointment in CRM or use CRM to change one of the appointments created in Outlook and it doesn't sync to Outlook. No errors. Any suggestions? Brad, Changes made in the CRM web client will not sync to Outlook unless the user goes through the offline synchronization. It is at this time that the data is synched up with outlook. Matt On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:24:39 -0800, "Brad Schow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CRM 1.2 Exchange 2003 SQL...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Cells WON'T stop refreshing automatically
I have a workbook with many worksheets and links that I need to publish externally with links locked so that users won't get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." message. I have gone into <Tools> <Options> <Calculation>, unchecked the <Update Remote References> checkbox, and saved the workbook; however, each time I reopen the saved workbook, the <Update Remote References> checkbox has been rechecked by some mischevious gremlin, and I invariably get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." mess...

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

Refreshing
Hi !! I ve done a OCX to view certain type of images. The OCX has a dialog in it with buttons. This OCX has been loaded into a html page. When multiple OCX are being placed in the html page I find the images that are displayed flickers. I use invalidate to refresh but refreshing is very fast. What should I do now to make smooth refreshing. Thanx Sudharsan Double buffer the image. Create a memory bitmap, copy to it, the BitBlt to your OCX's HDC. This may increase CPU usage a little. "Sudharsan" <Sudharsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A72BC9BB-...

Sync troubles with shared notebook
We are attempting to setup a shared notebook on a network share that a number of us have full access to. I have Windows 7 64bit, Office 2007 64bit My co-workers have Windows XP 32 bit, Office 2007 32 bit I have setup the notebook on the network share (K:) but when one of my co-workers opens it it goes into syncing la la land. If she adds sections and pages, I can see them with no trouble. If I add anything to her stuff, she can't see them. If I add sections, she can see the section name but not any of the pages. The error she gets is "waiting to sync this sectio...

AJAX UpdatePanel does not refresh after calling Update()-Method
Hi, I'm new to AJAX and has a little Problem to get an UpdatePanel inside an CustomServerControl to work. My goal is to create an CustomServerControl with an (at designtime) unknown number of UpdatePanels, that can be updated seperatly. Since I'm stuck I create a litte more static testproject to analyse the problem but I ran out of ideas what I could been missing. I would be realy glad if someone can show me hwo to get the UpdatePanels working. I created an ServerControl-Project called ServerControlTest and an ASP WebApplication called AXAJTest The Default.asxp look...

Clipart Woe -- how to refresh location
How can I refresh the path to the clipart gallery for the clipart files? I have moved the clipart from a network location to the local harddrive and rebuild the artgal50.mmc file, but the gallery still looks to the network location?? Help is greatly appreciated, because searching the MS resources is drivining me nuts Nigel Nigel, they are coming to take you away, take you away. If you hear a knock on the front door, do not open it as it may be the fine gentlemen with a while jacket with straps on. Nigel, you are driving us nuts not telling us what version of Windows and Publisher you...

Web Query Refresh problem
Hi I've set up a workbook that contains about 75 sheets. Each sheet contains a web query. I then have a summary sheet which summarises the actual part of information that I want from each web page. Everything works fine, most of the time. I've set up a little button to 'refresh all data'. However, sometimes the refresh doesnt seem to work on some of the sheets. It actually pulls data from a website which I've set up on a different sheet. If, however, you go to that individual sheet, and manually refresh that sheet, it pulls through the correct data from the web. Som...

CWebBrowser2 and Refresh
Hi All, I am using CWebBrowser2 control to get values from a website then plot them on a chart. When I use Navigate2(..) I can handle the OnDocumentCompleteExplorer(..) message to parse the html file and update my chart. However, I don't always get an updated page, can someone give me an example of how to use Refresh2(..) to make sure I always get a non-cached page? Also, is there a message sent when Refresh() or Refresh2() has finished? Or maybe there's another way I can achieve what I want? Cheers, Rob ...

Chart source data invalidated when workbook refreshed
Hi all, We have a workbook with vba code which fetches data from the backend and displays it. Now i have a chart defined for some data in this workbook and then i refresh this workbook. The problem is the chart source data is invalidated for the new workbook data. Any solution for this ? Any help is highly appreciated :-) Louis - How does the macro refresh the data? Could you make use of a dynamic chart instead, for example, one that charts the last N points in the table? Here's some Dynamic Charting examples and links: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics...

Outlook 2002 offline sync to .OST not working
I have seen many posts around sync problems but none that have this precise error. Background: Using Windows 98 client / Outlook 2002 / Exchange 5.5. Created .OST file with all folders - no errors downloading address book ..OST is 200meg - appropriate size for mailbox Issue: With pc still hooked to network can select 'work offline' mode and access the .OST without any problems. With pc not hooked to the network, select 'work offline' mode and receive the following error: "Cannot start Microsoft outlook you must connect to your Microsoft Exchange server computer with the ...

Reconstitute Money file from information synced to the web?
I recently had a horrible system crash during which I lost (among many other things) my Money file. I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and was religiously synchronizing my file with the web. When I restored my system, I downloaded and installed Money 2004. When I started it up and logged in using my Passport, Money seemed to notice that there was some inconsistency, as it offered me a dialog box with 2 options that I don't exactly understand. Neither of them was "Would you like Money to download your file from the web?" What I'm trying to find out is, is there any way fo...

Query Refresh-Enable Automatic Refresh Dialogue Box
I continually click the Enable Automatic Refresh button on the Query Refresh dialogue box so why does it continue to appear for the same worksheet? ...

Refresh Not Refreshing
DisplayRecord is used in a form to display detail information for a record. The Form_AfterUpdate code is used to refresh the records so that any updates are visible to the user. On my personal machine, the code works and the records are refreshed, however on my development machine at work, the code fails. I have confirmed that the global variable gCallingForm is being correctly updated and that the form is loaded. The .Refresh statement does not throw an error. Private Sub DisplayRecord() On Error GoTo Err_DisplayRecord gCallingForm = "frmTrailerInventoryMaintenan...

folder refresh
In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. Suggestions ? Riccardo wrote: > In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 > key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. > Suggestions ? So press F5. Or just ignore the phantom files. -- dadiOH ____________________________ dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.v...

Inbox does not sync with Send/Recieve All command
I am running off line and when I do a send/receive all everything syncs correctly except my in box. In order to sync my inbox I have to go to Tools-> Send/Receive -> Microsoft Exchange server only --> Inbox. Any idea how I get the inbox to sync with the send/receive all command. I also have the send recive option sent to sync outook automatically every 10 minutes. The inbox does not sync then either. Dave P wrote: > I am running off line and when I do a send/receive all > everything syncs correctly except my in box. In order to > sync my inbox I have to go to ...

Need help refreshing a datagrid client side
Hi -- I'm very, very new to ASP.Net, and I've been trying for several days to figure out how to update a datagrid AND refresh it on the client side so that the page doesn't refresh. I've torn my code apart over and over each time I tried what I thought would be the code that would solve my problem. Maybe I'm going down the completely wrong path here. Essentially, here is an explanation of my ASP.NET webform application and what I want it to do: Employees add how much time they spend on a job, and then that information is added to a SQL database and displayed in a datagri...

Refresh an Excel link with button
In my tables I have a link to an Excel workbook. What VBA code can I put in the OnClick event of a button to automatically refresh that link? CurrentDb.Tabledefs("myexcelTable").refreshlink HtH Pieter <taxidermist@cableone.net> wrote in message news:1193841279.082792.319810@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > In my tables I have a link to an Excel workbook. What VBA code can I > put in the OnClick event of a button to automatically refresh that > link? > ...

pda sync problem
my pda has been syncying with money for a couple of years. However, recently, although all the transactions from my desktop are transfering to my pda, the balance on my pda is not accurate for one of my accounts. Any idea why? And any idea how to fix this? I tried and almost ruined several months of tranactions, except that I copied my backup before closing my money on the desktop. Thanks. Smokii The simplest way i;ve seen to fix this in the past (when it happened to me) was to delete the data off the PDA (using ActiveSync and then the Money options) and then resynchronize it al...

Cached Exchange Mode out of sync
Hi There, I use Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode with Exchange 2003. My Inbox does not synchronize properly. I open Outlook on another pc (also in cached mode) and the inbox items are not there. If I receive mail on the other pc, items never display on my main pc. In OWA it only shows inbox items on the other pc. Other folders and sent items appear to synchronize properly. Perhaps related: I see two instances of the Exchange folders in the nav pane ('Mailbox - [Username]') When I remove Exchange from the profile, they both go away. However, When I go to Email Accounts, after...

refresh
i am trying to refresh a query every 10 min. using the .RefreshPeriod = 10 in the query loop doesn't redue all of the macro formatting that follows query so i was wondering if refresh could be used in a sub to run the main macro. something like this sub refresh() Application.Run "'TEST.XLS'!GetData" ..RefreshPeriod = 10 End Sub or how would i automate running the macro. this is the query loop in main macro Workbooks.Add With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connectURL, Destination:=Range("A1")) .BackgroundQuery = True .TablesOn...

How do I refresh a pivot table
I have created a pivot table from a worksheet but haven't worked out how to refresh the pivot table to reflect the update in the worksheet. Any assistance! Fred - If the Pivot Table command bar is visible, click on the red exclamation point button (pick Toolbars from the View menu to make it visible). Or right click on the pivot table and select Refresh Data from the pop up menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Fred wrote: > I have created a pivot table from a worksheet but > haven't worked ...