How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?

Hi!
I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open?  All info talks about setting up
filters.  I am missing messages and  would like to see if they have landed in
Junk(SPAM) Mail.

Please advise and thanks!

Dianne C.

Dianne C. wrote:

> I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open?  All info talks about setting up
> filters.  I am missing messages and  would like to see if they have
> landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail.

There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000.  That version has no
inbuilt spam filter.  You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and
then specify it as the destination folder in your rules.
0
VanguardLH
2/19/2010 7:06:03 AM
Outlook 2000 doesn't have a Junk E-mail feature. That was first introduced
in Outlook 2003.
In which way are you missing messages?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Dianne C." <Dianne C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open?  All info talks about setting up
> filters.  I am missing messages and  would like to see if they have landed
> in
> Junk(SPAM) Mail.
>
> Please advise and thanks!
>
> Dianne C.

0
Roady
> Dianne C. wrote:

> There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000.  That version has no
> inbuilt spam filter.  You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and
> then specify it as the destination folder in your rules.

Well, it does have a built-in spam filter, but it's fairly rudimentary.
There's a text file that gets installed with Outlook 2000 that describes what
strings the filter tracks.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Outlook will not connect
I have just purchased a new HP computer with Vista and also Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. Upon clicking on the icon I get a blue page with the message “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.” Then a popup asking for server and mailbox info. I have filled this in and pressed ok. I get a message- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.ost is not a offline folder file.” I can get no help online or anywhere else. Can you help? Many thanks, Jo...

E-mails ending up in the right mailbox
Greetings. I have the office using Exchange 2003. I have a couple of users that need to be able to not only view another user's mailbox, but they also need to be able to send/receive e-mail for both users they monitor, and the mail needs to go to each mailbox respectively. For example, I have an Admin account that also has a mailbox for it. When I log into Admin, I open Outlook 97, and from there I also have Admin2's mailbox open as well. I can send e-mail as either Admin or Admin2, and all replies go to the appropriate mailbox, so that setup works great. I have another situation...

Junk Email
I've noticed that our exchange server receives spam email for users that do not exist within our company ie. dave@domain.com. Is there any filter I can apply in exchange that will automatically delete emails that are sent to users that do not exist? Thanks Simon Microsoft provides the IMF Intelligent Massage Filter for Exchange 2003. This filter learns gradually about spam and performs actions described by the admin. for prior exchange versions try third party softwares like 1.Brightmail(www.brightmail.com) 2.SpamMarshall(www.spammarshall.com) These products are anti-spams and filter...

Outlook Calander #3
Does anybody know if there is a way to have Outlooks calendar display the month with "full squares" for Sat and Sun just like other days of the week in the month display mode. I have a lot going on the weekends. Having Sat/Sun as one "square" makes it difficult to read. I cannot see any way to do this from the buttons menu. I am using Office Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance right click on the calendar and choose other settings - untick the compress weekend days option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNo...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Public Folders #3
Hi there- We've just implemented Microsoft Outlook as our new e- mail client, and I've been working a bit with Public Folders. I posted several messages with attachments last week, and they were accessible for about a week, then mysteriously disappeared. Is there a time limit or usage limit determining how long a posted message stays available? Thanks for any responses! ...

looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...
....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9. Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help! What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receiv...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

how to refuse mails from invalid acount ?
Hi ! Every day, we received many spams messages. The message senders are inexistants users of our domain (for example, if we are owner of a domain called "domain.com", we can received spams from a user called "biddon@domain.com" althrought there is no user called biddon on our domain). It is possible to automaticaly refuse messages from users that does not exist on the "domain.com" domain ? We use exchange 5.5 Thank you. You have two options 1) If you know the intended recipients of the undeliverable inbound emails then you can create an empty DL and as...

combining folders(calendar, inbox,,outbox,contacts,etc)that appear in two places
I need assistance in configuring my Outlook, particularly since I just started to receive my email via outlook. I have folders with the same labels and names in"Outlook Today" and "Personal Folders". The calendar with information and listing of all tasks are in Personal Folders section with Outlook Today being empty. I believe my email is coming into Outlook Today area. I would like to consolidate these areas, I think under Outlook Today, and learn more re when to use what. The outlook today is synchronous on our LAN but there is nothing of import there thus defeat...

sorting folders in address book
Any way to sort folder in address book in Outlook 2000? Running XP Home. -- Yaderp Peeing on an electric fence is one of those life lesson you only have to be taught once. ...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links