How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page

Hi,

I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate
compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the
subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several
comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes.

When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger
installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the
vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on
the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open
fine (users with no debugger installed don't notice the error at all).

Is there a way to solve this? While the form template is serving its
purpose, I just don't like loose ends. Your help greatly appreciated.

Gert

--
Gert
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Gert

It's better to repost this question in a developers newsgroup. For custom
forms that would be;
outlook.program_forms

The web link for that forum would be;
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Gert" <Gert.47alvm@invalid> wrote in message news:Gert.47alvm@invalid...

> Hi,
>
> I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate
> compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the
> subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several
> comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes.
>
> When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger
> installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the
> vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on
> the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open
> fine (users with no debugger installed don't notice the error at all).
>
> Is there a way to solve this? While the form template is serving its
> purpose, I just don't like loose ends. Your help greatly appreciated.
>
> Gert
>

> --
> Gert

0
Roady

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Read File Properties
How would I read the file version properties of a standard DLL? In particular I need the company name property from VISA32.dll. VISA32.dll is a standardized Virtual Instrumentation Software Architecture function library that is published by several manufacturers. I need the manufacturer name of the *installed* library. David "David Youngblood" <dwy@flash.net> wrote in message news:%23oPqMidaKHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How would I read the file version properties of a standard DLL? In > particular I need the company name property from VISA3...

Outlook 2003 Reading Pane doesn't show and cannot read HTML formatted e-mails
Hi All, I have a very strange and somewhat frustrating bug with Outlook 2003. The Reading Pane sporadically stops showing HTML formatted messages and I am unable to view them even when I open the messages. When this happens, the only way I can view HTML formatted messages is if I forward or reply to such messages. I've run Detect and Repair, adjusted settings in IE (6.0 SP2), uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003, even reinstalled the OS (Win XP Pro), and the problem persists... Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? I've tried internet searches, but because of this...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Can't access CRM home page or reports
When a user trys to access the CRM Home page (http://name_of_crm_server) from IE, the user gets redirected to http://name_of_crm_server/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80049001 and the following error message "User Access Error - The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system administrator." The same thing happens when I try to run reports from Outlook CR...

Postcard Mail Merge
I am trying to merge 50 records onto the postcards I have created (4 to a page/landscape) When I print them, they all merge, but you get four of the exact same address per page. How do I have one address on each postcard instead of 4 of each address. I'm going crazy! I read over past questions and it is not just a glitch in print preview, it actually does print 4. I just did it! Can I change a setting somewhere to fix this? I also tried creating my own four per page design with my own merge boxes, but I can not find a way to add the <<next record>> field you need ...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

reading layout
Went from Wordperfect to Word this week, only thing I can't locate is the postion reading on the bottom of my screen to tell me where exactly I'm at in my document, been all over in tools and can't locate where to turn it on. Thanks Assuming this is Word 2007, right-click the status bar; on the context menu, you can choose exactly what you want displayed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B84C2BAD-4594-46E7-BAF7-55632DB946F2@microsoft.com... > Went from Wordperfect to Word...

Graph spreadsheet pastes in 2 pages in word.can I have it on 1pg
There is a graph in Excel that I want to paste with some text in word. When I try to paste that spreadsheet in Word it comes up in 2 pages, making it look messey. But importing cuts off the 2nd page part and keeps it in one page. How can I have a perfect format! You could start by posting your question in the proper newsgroup. This one is for Publisher. That's not to say that someone here can't/won't help you but basically you dialed a wrong number. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Hortresearch Word Query" <Hortresearch Word Query@discus...

outlook today home page
My outlook today page did not show any message. When it open I can see I have some message in message panel or calender but it just one second and then blank, did someone can help me this? Please. ...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

Vision and Web page?
Hi I am new to Visio. However, I am working on a Org Chart. This org chart maybe will go up on department web page. I want to know if I use the "Custom Properties" on the org chart, will this feature also be available on the web version? Thank you. ...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

i am looking for a template for the front page of a newspaper
i want to do a front page for a newspaper and can't find a suitable template Publisher is geared more toward newsletters than newspapers. Many templates here. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=newspaper -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009AF69-44E9-4719-9C33-FFFDDAFADFC4@microsoft.com... >i want to do a front page for a newspaper and can't find a suitable template Try a newsstand. Look how differ...

XML reading issue....

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

VBScript Question
Sorry for posting here, but it's the closest thing I could find to VBScript for administrative monitoring. I'm following the example in an old Windows 2000 Scripting Guide book on how to subscribe to a permanent event monitor, and I can't get it to work, but have no error messages being reported to troubleshoot. This technology doesn't exactly lend itself to piece-wise testing, either. I'm on XP Pro, 5.1.2600 (SP 3). I've executed (successfully) the mofcomp script scrcons.mof to register the consumer classes. Here's my do-nothing script if anyone is...

Options for read receipt
I have a problem, when users get read receipts they are not propmted to choose whether to send the receipt or not. The options in the tools tracking options are grayed out and they are unable to change the setting. The users are admins on their local machines and are also domain admins. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Ben Hebert "Ben Hebert" <trimble36@msn.com> wrote in message news:<026301c347d7$677de330$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > I have a problem, when users get read receipts they are > not propmted to choose whether to send the receipt or > not. The opt...

creating a new page, or gateway...
what i would like to do is be able to create a "gateway" leading to a new page, or new area of the current page when you click on a certain number. is there any way to accomplish this? for example, when i click on a certain cell i'd like it to open up a new page, or bring me down to the bottom of the current page with more information. Hi, You might try a hyperlink. Press Ctrl+K and indicate where you want to go when the cell is clicked. If by "Open a new page" you mean a new worksheet, for that you would need VBA. If you are interested in programming let us ...

Workflow manager, User manager in Deployment Manager
I have intsalled CRM 1.2 from our msdn subscription..with Adventure works cycle license..on windows 2003 server enterprise edition, which also has MS-SQL 2000 server with Reporting Services. I can access the crm web application through IE...but when i try to run Workflow manager or try the User manager in Deployment Manager...i can't connect...i get the message saying that ...server is not responding...may not be crm server.... i tried names, ipaddress, with and without ports...no luck... i am logged on to the machine/server with Administrator account, which i used to install the...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...