How do I make column on the left side of Outlook[inbox,Sent etc.]

  I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows
(Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook,
Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition?

>  I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows
> (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook,
> Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition?

Enable the Navigation Pane.  Press Alt+F1 or click View>Navigation Pane.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Make Default

why does my Outlook 2007 download pdf attachments in Word?
when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have i changed? You have changed the file association of pdf-files to open with Word instead of Adobe. There is no option to change this in Outlook as Outlook follows the settings you made in Windows. Which version of Windows are you using? One way to re-associate it with Adobe again is to right click on a saved pdf-file-> Open With...-> Choose ...

Outlook with Kernell errors
Whenever I try to run Outlook, I get the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7c811. This is after I removed the programme and then re- installed it. Before I did this when I tried to open outlook it would just make my system freeze or hang. Any ideas how to get this resolved.... ??? Thanks, David ...

I am setting up newsgroup in outlook but can not find the "news" .
I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please ? Thanks clement Look in tools, customize... Then got to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

making tickets

Change inbox name!!
Hello, I have found a syncornization tool the only problem is that i am working with two different languages so "Inbox" -> "Postvak IN" so when is syncronze i get an extra folder instead it syncs Inbox with Postvak IN. Is there any way i can change the name of the "Postvak IN" to "Inbox" that would solve the problem i think Thanks in advance G -- Hooters hooters jum jum jum, hooters hooters on a girls that's dumb ------------------------------------------ Al Bundy You can use the following tool for that; http://www.slipstick.com/files/ff...

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

from eudora to ms outlook 2002
dear outlook guru's. i have just changed my mail client from eudora to outlook and imported the messages. everything was ok, except that the attachments are now seen as links to actual files in "c:\...\eudora\mail\attach" folder of eudora. is there any way i can have the actual file attached to the message, so i can forward as one file, but not having links to the file on my pc. your response is highly appreciated regards, jim ...

POP3 Outlook account
Hi, I have setup a POP3 Outlook account so to accesse me Exchange 2k3 server through 3rd party internet connection. It works fine but I have a couple of inquiries: 1 - Each time I reconnect after having the connection down for line quality, email headers are re-downloaded, ignoring the fact that they have already been downloaded in a previous session. Any way to stop that? 2 - Can I download Sent Messages folder too, or it is just Inbox? If not, what is a workaround, if any? 3 - Any way to import address book? Thanks Yba In news:7CD85C0D-780A-4B70-A20F-D04EB40E029E@microsoft.com, yb...

Multiple emails being sent out
I am running Outlook 2003 and I am having problems with outlook sending multiple copies of emails to my recipients. This is mainly happening when I use a distribution list. I have looked at the headers and they have different ESMTP id's that means that it is getting sent to the server twice. Yes, I have upgraded to the office SP1 patch. If anyone has any information to help me please email me at amccombs@bbbsky.org Adam McCombs <amccombs@bbbsky.org> wrote: > I am running Outlook 2003 and I am having problems with > outlook sending multiple copies of emails to my >...

two exchange mailboxes in Outlook
Hi, This is my first post in your forum. I tried finding a solution for this in your newsgroup but I have been so far unsuccessful. We have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Server. I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and has her personal exchange mailbox configured for it as well as an additional mailbox for humanresources. What is happening is sometimes, she will receive messages destined to the humanresources mailbox that will go to her personal exchange mailbox. When I verify these messages, they have the humanresources e-mail address in the To: field. There ...

Rename the a column title
Hello, I want to rename the title of the "Task Name" column. I looked in the help and the provided solution was that I have to hide the column, then insert it again, and in the "Column definition" dialog box enter the desired title in the Title field. This works, however I noticed something funny. In the Field name list of the Column definition dialog box there is no "Task name" column, but only "Name". As the latter contains the same information as the first one this is not a big deal, but what should I do if I want to insert the same old &q...

"Access is denied" error in Outlook 2007
Hi, I get an error message when trying to open web-links contained in any message in my outlook 2007. I have just upgraded from OL2003 and previously had no issues. I cannot find anywhere to modify the security options for this. If I click on the link a second time, I am prompted to choose a program to open the file with, and if I choose my web browser it's OK, but this happens with every link I get. I am running WinXPPro SP2, no google desptop installed, C.A. 2008 FW/AV/AS. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Bubba what exactly does the error say? (many dialogs can be copied as text) ...

Password for Outlook
How do you set up Outlook so it requires a password to open? You can password protect your pst or data file if you use pst's. Right click the top level folder Select PROPERTIES Click the ADVANCED... button Click the CHANGE PASSWORD button... Be aware that if you forget your password you will not be able to access this folder without a LOT of effort and some special tools. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Roy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c1601c3dbce$196b8a90$a001280a@phx.gbl... How do you set up Outlook so it requires a password to o...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only