How do I make a button that is greyed out become available to me

I want to add a picture to an email but the button is greyed out. What do I
do to get it to become available?

Thanks!

Probably you have to change the format of the message to HTML.  The exact
steps to do that depend a bit upon your version of Outlook, which you
haven't told us.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Redsfuzzy" <Redsfuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to add a picture to an email but the button is greyed out. What do
> do to get it to become available?
>
> Thanks!

0
Ben
3/22/2010 6:49:36 PM
"Redsfuzzy" <Redsfuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I want to add a picture to an email but the button is greyed out. What do I
> do to get it to become available?

And what button would that be in your secret version of Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/22/2010 6:53:43 PM
Redsfuzzy wrote:

> I want to add a picture to an email but the button is greyed out. What do I
> do to get it to become available?
>
> Thanks!

Is the insert point (where is the mouse cursor) currently active in the
*body* of the e-mail message?  You cannot add pictures to the headers.
References to them go in the body.
0
VanguardLH

Make Default

Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods. 02-10-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap There was a discussion on this last summer and I tried to work with Keychain access to no avail. However, I did recall something that I had seen right after I got my MacBook Pro a few years ago. This solution was provided by Mac MVP Allen Watson. I just did this again this evening after having problems with the T-Mobile hotspot in the Crown Room but not with the wi-fi service on the flight but then promptly had the problem again when I checked in to the hotel and connected to their wireless s...

Modify Message Box Cancel Button
Part of the code below brings up a message box letting the user know that they must press Add Incident button to save the incident. The problem I’m having is when the Cancel button is pressed it behaves the same way the OK button. The OK button works properly. I would like the Cancel to return user to the form so that information may be re-entered. How do I modify the code to make that possible? _____________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.NewRecord Then Dim strWhere As String Dim varResult As Vari...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

making tickets

Outlook Calendar Resources becomes Attendee after edit
In Outlook 2002, you can book a meeting with a Resource in your calendar. However what is happening is when this person edits the meeting with a resourse in it the resource becomes an Attendee. Any Ideas? ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Latest Taxation Books available at jain book depot LATEST BOOK RELEASES
Dear Sir/ Madam NABHI is NABHI We are pleased to inform you that the 39th complete Revised Edition of the book NABHI's Income Tax Guidelines & Mini Ready Reckoner 2010-11 & 2011-12 alongwith tax planning and wealth tax (In English) By Nabhi Board of Editors after the passing of the Budget, 2010 @ Rs240/-. The specialty of the book is that the changes made by the Finance Bill, 2010 have been elaborately explained with the help of illustrations and explanatory notes. Minutest details have been provided, where required. A number of pertinent circulars, letters, orders, ins...

No control buttons on title bar (no minimize, restore or close)
A friend asked me to take a look at a workbook he has. When it opens, it cannot be resized, it does not have any control buttons (minimize, maximize or restore, and close) and does not have the other control menu on the left. It only has the filename of the workbook displayed completely flush left within the titlebar Has anyone got any ideas? I've read through a million posts and can find nothing. P.S. It does the same no matter where it is opened, and it's not in full screen view and it's not the problem mentioned in other posts involving Novell Groupware Many thanks if you...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Send button no longer on Message ribbon after reinstall
I recently had to reinstalling Office 2007 Professional RTM after the secondary (i.e. non-boot) hard drive suffered partial MFT corruption. I was able to uninstall Office 2007 successfully before fixing the drive and reinstalling the same version of Office from the same source discs. After reinstalling, I noticed that the Send button no longer appears on the Message ribbon like it used to. It used to be located where the Clipboard in now located on the Message ribbon. Now it only appears in the message itself, next to "To", "Cc", and "Bcc". After search...

Wealth available
Wealth available http://www.quickinfo247.com/8191563.13/free ...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

Relabel custom toolbar buttons?
When a macro name is dragged to a toolbar, a button is created that displays name of the macro. If the macro is stored in the local mpp, the name gets way too long. Is there a way to relabel the button to something shorter and easier to understand than "[project filename].mpp![name of macro]"? This is documented somewhere in "Help" and I'm sure I did not find this by serendipity. Menu: View/Toolbars/Customise ... While that dialog box visible, click on the right mouse click o the button and you'll see a rich list of options to enable changing lots of...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...