I tried to send an email containing a large enclosure.  Too large to send and
now the message is stuck in my outbox.  How do I delete the message?  I have
tried the normal route - cut, delete, but it stays in the outbox and slows
down my send/receive capabilities

"Lillian" <Lillian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I tried to send an email containing a large enclosure.  Too large to send
> and
> now the message is stuck in my outbox.  How do I delete the message?  I
> have
> tried the normal route - cut, delete, but it stays in the outbox and slows
> down my send/receive capabilities

As posted here countless times:

Click File and check Work Offline.  Close and then restart Outlook.  Delete
the message.  Click File and uncheck Work Offline.

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

0
Gordon

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Outbox difficulty with Office Outlook
In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from several of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before transmission. I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes which also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is blank. WHY? "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA80F5B-B65B-445B-A299-F3BD55404B11@microsoft.com... > In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from > several > of my email addresses - thi...

Files not visible in Windows Explorer
Hi folks, My colleague is using Publisher 2000 and while she can find all the Publisher files she created with P2000 when she goes to 'File>Open' from Publisher, most of these files cannot be found within the same directory in Windows Explorer. Can someone explain what is happening that the files go missing in the WE environment? She is using Windows NT (2000?), Publisher 2000, and an IBM Thinkpad A series. Thanks. Saved files will go into a designated folder you assigned in tools, options. Publisher doesn't arbitrarily place files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

Cannot delete subreport

Strange negative indent in plain text messages
Recently my Outlook 2007 installation decided to indent the first line of any plain text message about half an inch to the left, resulting in the first 2 letters not being displayed as they happen to be outside the display area. That applies to editing mails as well as displaying mails in a separate window and in reading pane. Up to now I wasn't able to figure out how to reset that indent configuration. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. sounds like a style is messed up. if the 'outdent' can't be changed using the Decrease indent button (next to the alignment b...

Rule for Deleted Items

received messages randomly in either of two accounts
I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail accounts with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account. When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although the senders are sendin to the Sky.com account. How can this happen. Why would you expect to see an incoming message in both of your = accounts? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Bryan1345" wrote in message = news:BAECB568-9A33-40DE-A63E-4792DE53658B@microsoft.com... I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail = accounts with it, a Hotmail ...

Not quite there with file sharing
I'm able to see and change my calendar and contact files in my shared docs folder from both my laptop and desktop, using the info in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;294759 However, I can't seem to save a local copy on my laptop. When the desktop, which is where the shared docs folder is located, is turned off, I lose all access to my calendar and contacts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

password protected backup files
After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it keeps asking for a password. I have never password protected it. How can I restore my backup without having to start from scratch? Thank you for your help. maritimegal In microsoft.public.money, maritimegal wrote: >After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money >became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The >problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it >keeps asking for a password....

Intelligent Message Filter #16
Hi, Is there a way to see what email is being blocked by the Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter and the Outlook Junk Mail Filter? Thanks, Dan With IMF, you can set the Gateway action to Archive, and all dropped messages above your threshold will end up in UCE Archive folder in mailroot. Those that make past it but do not meet the Store threshold will end up in users' Junk Mail folders. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Dan B" <none@none.com> wrot...

Outlook 2000 error message #6
I've just sent an email to someone and received the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject: CEG-XXXXX Sent: 2/20/2004 11:13 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'PXXXXX' on 2/20/2004 11:13 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. I'm usign outlook 2000 and poping (POP3) my emails. Any idea what is causing this? Thanks in advance. Denise ...

auto filing in public folder
Hi all exchange professionals, I'm using exchange 2003 + outlook 2003. I have created a public folder such as "Outgoing mail" to store all outgoing email. I want to know whether there is method in exchange or third party software can create rules that it can auto filing those email. I mean it can scan the outgoing email address e.g. abc@xyz.com. then automically create a folder under "Outgoing mail" named "xyz.com" and move the mail to that folder. Next time, when there is mail to xyz.com, it will move it to "xyz.com" folder automically. If i...

File conversion #2
I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the file? TIA - Dave "Dasco" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:6dotv5F3m1sbU1@mid.individual.net... >I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and >although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File >conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the ...

2006 backup file to money essentials
I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it does not use files from previous versions. help In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote: >I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my >back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it >does not use files from previous versions. help If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later. ...

No NDR/warning for messages that exceed message size limit
Has anyone seen the following problem: config - Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP3 When message size limits are set and a user tries to send a message that exceeds the limit, the message appears to be sent normally. In addition, there is no NDR returned and the message is never delivered to the recipient. It appears that Exchange accepts the over-size message, then drops it without letting anybody know that the message was too big. Also, if an external message come in that causes the mailbox size limit to be exceeded, neither the sender nor recipient is informed and the message appears to...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Message Box strangeness
I have included the chunk of code with a few names changed, but the functionality is there. I think it will be easier for me to explain my problem after you take a quick glance at the code: onConnectButton() { int go=-1; if(c_task_check.GetCheck()) { go=MessageBox("Doing this will erase old data","Warning",MB_OKCANCEL); } int start=start_server(); if(start==WAITING_FOR_CLIENT) { SetDlgItemText(ServerEdit,"Connected to Client"); c_button1.EnableWindow(true); c_button2.EnableWindow(true); c_button3.EnableWindow(false); c_button4.EnableWindo...

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to eliminate/avoid double messages?
Hello, I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times, sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox. Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once? Thanks, Luca See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...