How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?

How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send
unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many
attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any
emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I
cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried
everything I can think of to no avail. Please help!

Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32
> How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send
> unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many
> attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any
> emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I
> cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried
> everything I can think of to no avail. Please help!

it will be better to give us a summary of '' every thing you tried to remove that email '' and all what i know to remove email in progress is to remove it from the outbox folder and it will be removed during the sending process..
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
0
sameh
3/12/2010 12:49:25 PM
Set Outlook Off-line and wait a couple minutes (or close and reopen
Outlook while off-line) before you try deleting said e-mail in the Outbox.

Angelczech wrote:

> How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send
> unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many
> attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any
> emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I
> cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried
> everything I can think of to no avail. Please help!

0
Bob
3/12/2010 1:28:21 PM
Angelczech wrote:

> How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send
> unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many
> attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any
> emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I
> cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried
> everything I can think of to no avail. Please help!

Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder:
- Load Outlook.
- Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable).
- Exit Outlook.
- Load Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe").
- Delete the stuck item in the Outbox folder.  If you don't want the
  item to move into the Deleted Items folder, use Shift+Del to
  permanently delete the item.
- Put Outlook in online mode (File -> Work Offline: disable).
- Restart Outlook in its normal mode.
0
VanguardLH

Unable To Send Webpage via Windows Mail
I am using Windows Mail Vista SP2. I cannot forward a webpage via email. When I go to: FILE & SEND BY EMAIL, the option is not highlighted & therefore I cannot select it to transmit via email. Thanks for assistance. Jim Hodge Sounds like your Windows Mail doesn't have all its defaults. Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows Mail". If it doesn't resp...

Outlook 2007 Crashes when opening Tasks
Email works. Notes work. When I click on the TAsks icon, to look at my task list, Outlook 2007 crashes. How to fix? Have you run Detect and Repair? How about scanpst.exe? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Rob Schneider asked: | Email works. Notes work. When I click on the TAsks icon, to look at | my task list, Outlook 2007 crashes. How to fix?u scanpst.exe did the trick. thanks! (be nice if Microsoft c...

xp outlook so slow to load
I just bought top of the line Dell with XP and Outlook takes 2 minutes to load! My 3-yr old laptop with same PST file took 10 seconds. Any ideas why? Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:00ab01c39d10$908bbb60$a001280a@phx.gbl, camgyrl wrote: > I just bought top of the line Dell with XP and Outlook > takes 2 minutes to lo...

Reinstalling outlook
I recently reinstalled outlook and tried to imort all my email and contacts but couldn't even get into outlook because i woul get this message: "Unable to open default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the infrmation service PSTPRX.DLL Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured". Please help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197034 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Was Myst Technology 2007 ORS add-in cancelled?
An Element K course book calls for the Myst Technology ORS "FindWhatORS" service to be added to the Research Task Pane. The add-in cannot be found. Was this service cancelled? ...

Need MS Office Outlook Translator to export Contacts to Excel?
Trying to export Contacts to Excel. Need to install MS Office Outlook Translator? Don't know where to find this? I'm using MS Office 2003. You will need your install CD if these weren't originally installed - not something you can download. If you can export to CSV - it's a moot issue. Just open the CSV file in Excel. Alternatives are: #1) - A free export utility from CodeTwo http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/ #2) - Export function in ContactGenie Toolkit (to CSV file only) http://www.contactgenie.com/cgtoolkit.htm #3) - ContactGenie...

Outlook Autofill Feature
When a user starts to type an e-mail address or contact in the "To" field Outlook will auto-fill this field if the user has used this contact information before... What is this feature called and where is the file stored that retains this information? Secondly, can this file be moved from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003? Thanks for the help. I think it's called AutoSuggest and the info is stored in an NK2 file in the C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook directory "CoC" <CoC@nospam.postalias> wrote in message new...

Outlook.pst not shrinking
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro/Media Center Ed. My outlook.pst file was approaching 700 MB, and I wanted to keep it small enough to fit on a CD, so I permanently deleted a bunch of messages and archived a bunch more -- and now the file is bigger than ever! What am I missing? Did you empty the Deleted Items Folder then compact the file? Check out Advanced... in the File Properties. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09de01c42580$73eba080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro/M...

Outlook Rules Case Sensitive
Hi Are Outlook 2007 Rules case sensitive? Can you help me to know all the Outlook 2007 Rule that are case sensitive? Thanks in advance.. Ashwin K "Ashwin" <msnews08@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:6F34A0D5-3D11-463D-B559-4E97680BDA27@microsoft.com... > Are Outlook 2007 Rules case sensitive? Didn't you already ask this? The answer then, as now, is no. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

receive vs. send connector?
Why would a receive connector's perm's groups affect mail delivery outbound for an E2K7 org to send mail? Aren't receive connectors only used during the inbound mail process? I had an NDR come back to me when sending from OWA to an external address saying "Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator" and it specified my edge server. On my edge server's default receive connector i enabled exchange ser...

Identity Switch Cancelled
Everytime I start Outlook I get an error popup that says. "Identity Switch Canceled. The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again." I found this Knowledge Base Article but i cant figure out what they are wanting me to do??? Please Help here is KB Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 224463 Ross, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the si...

msg:"name of imported entity already exists" should contain name
When I import an XML file that includes several modifications like entity renamings(should be ported back to an older setup status), the following error occured: "The name of the imported entity already exists. Please specify another name". It would be more easier to find what entity or attribute can not be added/renamed if there would be a way to configure the system for getting more detailed error information (what entity/ what attribute affected). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Outlook Error #55
When I send or receive messages using Outlook xp I get the following error message Authentication Required If you're using one of the more popular internet service providers or web-based e-mail providers, one of the articles on the following page might help you troubleshoot your authentication issue: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH011542541033.aspx -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "s.brown" wrote: > When I send or...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Shirinking the Outlook view
I am using Outloook 2007. Hi! I want to see more of the contents by shrinking the view and making everything smaller. But I can't find where to do this. Could you help? Thanks. Which folder do you want to "shrink the view" in? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

Outlook Template #3
I am trying to create a template to use to automatically reply to senders who submit their resume to our company. When I try to save the template I get the following error message: "Internal MAPI error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function. Contract your administrator." Does anyone know why? Thanks! Hi Jennifer, please look here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272062 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Jennifer" <anonymous@discussions....

outlook #107
I need help in setting up my contact files.When I want to send a new message I click the (TO) and then I can't get any addresses or contacts Please help John Have you entered any contacts in the Contact folder (or another folder that you have created)? You need to go to the Contacts folder first and set up any contact cards. They won't show up as contact options unless you enter an email address (or fax number) If you've already done that, there should be a pulldown list that says "contacts" by default. If you've stored your email addresses somewhere else, ...

Outlook 2007 sent mail now showing properly in other mail clients
Being a happy outlook 2003 user I just upgraded to outlook 2007. But I'm experiencing some strange problems which I was hoping someone could clarify... E.g. I send following mail to a Gmail account : Line1 Line2 Line3 When I view the mail via Gmail's web interface I get : Line1 Line2 Line3 As you can see extra lines are inserted after each hard return. Outlook 2003 does not have this problem. Everything looks fine when I view the sent mail from within O2007, but Gmail does not show it correctly anymore. Similarly, a O2007 sent mail containing a bulleted list viewed in Gmail ...

How do I cancel meetings I organized but am not attending?
I organized recurring meetings with co-workers for the rest of the year. They needed to be cancelled. I successfully cancelled them from my calendar, but not the other attendees' calendars. Now I'm stuck! ...

Outlook Disconnect
Hi all, I have a office with 30 users, the last few days we have been having problems with Outlook. When 28 of the users are logged into Outlook, the remaining 2 are getting a error when trying to start Outlook, the error tells them that the exchange server is offline or down for Maintenance. Any help will be greatly appreciated. We are using server 2003 SBS. Thanks, Steve Katz <skatz123@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a office with 30 users, the last few days we have been having > problems with Outlook. When 28 of the users are logged into Outlook, > the remaining 2 are g...

Cancel Read Only
Please tell me how to delete read only in msexcel. I need read/write. "Kutty" wrote: > Please tell me how to delete read only in msexcel. I need read/write. Go to the Review tab and unprotect the worksheet. ...

Newbie trying to understand relationships
Hi Group, I'm using Access 2000. I'm trying to create relationships and whilst I think I understand the concept it seems applying the concept to my requirements is somewhat harder for me to understand. I work for an organisation who responds to calls from the public to fit equipment in their home. So I need a DB to hold: CustomerID Customer Details AppointmentID Appointment Date Appointment Time CustomerID And then a table that sets out item fitted? AppointmentID ItemID LocationID And a table for promotional/help leaflets left AppointmentID LeafletID I also have a table det...

Preventing users from opening onther users mailbox in outlook 2003
Hello I have just noticed that users in the office, can open other users mailboxes in outlook 2003. How do i not allow that? The only way i have figured it out , is to go into active directory, and go into a users acct under Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, and add individual users then deny them acces to that users mailbox. There has to be an easier way. And why would they be able to open them in the first place? Thanks in advance On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:10:29 -0800, Exchange 2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I have just noticed that users ...

How to backup Outlook archive.pst to CD?
Hi all: I want to keep a backup of all the emails on my Outlook. So, I have been trying to copy the archive.pst from Outlook (on XP) to a CDR, but every time I get the error message PROBLEM COPYING: Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do?" with a RETRY or CANCEL button. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks for any help! Is the archive file open in Outlook? If so, first close it out of Outlook (right-click its root folder and click Close), then close Outlook and try copying the file again. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outl...