Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category

Hi,

I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific
Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that
have multiple categories.

HERE IS THE IDEA:
I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple
categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type
tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX".

In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have >
1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number
of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context category. That's
how I know what to do next from each project.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM:
When looking at specific project I would like to highlight tasks that
have @Context category in addition to project categories, but having
troubles. In Customize Current View...->Automatic Formatting I created
a condition that would change the font color for tasks that have my
context categories (I listed the categories in Condition->More Choices
tab).

As a RESULT I am getting is not what I expect:
In the task view window, all my Category="@Category, ProjectX" tasks
are now highlighted under @Category group, but not under ProjectX
group. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
Victor

0
bobrics

If you group by categories, the @-items are separetely shown. Why do you
additionally want to color them?

On the other hand, you can quickly remove the grouping by dragging the group
name, for instance on to the column headers. Then the item with the multiple
categories will be colored as you want it.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:17:01 -0800 (PST) schrieb bobrics:

> Hi,
>
> I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific
> Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that
> have multiple categories.
>
> HERE IS THE IDEA:
> I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple
> categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type
> tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX".
>
> In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have >
> 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number
> of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context category. That's
> how I know what to do next from each project.
>
> HERE IS THE PROBLEM:
> When looking at specific project I would like to highlight tasks that
> have @Context category in addition to project categories, but having
> troubles. In Customize Current View...->Automatic Formatting I created
> a condition that would change the font color for tasks that have my
> context categories (I listed the categories in Condition->More Choices
> tab).
>
> As a RESULT I am getting is not what I expect:
> In the task view window, all my Category="@Category, ProjectX" tasks
> are now highlighted under @Category group, but not under ProjectX
> group. Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Victor
0
Michael

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

want to use outlook tasks functionality in microsoft access
i would like to use the "TASKS" functionality from Outlook in my Access database. NOT link to the data, but actually use the program and store the data generated in my access project. is this possible?? ...

assigning categories automatically when from distribution groups
I am interested in assigning categories automatically using Outlook 2003. I've got most of what I want working well, but can't seem to get categorization to work in one particular situation: I'd like to categories by department by setting a rule that assigns categories when an message arrives from a particular distribution group. The rules wizards allows this setup, but it doesn't work. The only way it works is when I type in every name in the group individually, but then I have to add names when new people come into each department. Help! ...

Typing in task is double-spacing
Hi - Using Outlook 2000 and the Task feature (in Personal Folders). I'm finding that if I copy and paste data into a task, line spacing and other formatting is maintained. However if I type new lines of information into the task, each line is double-spaced. Is there any way to get the typed lines to be single-spaced? thanks - sara On Sep 18, 1:50 pm, "saraqp...@yahoo.com" <saraqp...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi - > Using Outlook 2000 and the Task feature (in Personal Folders). > > I'm finding that if I copy and paste data into a task, line spacing > and o...

plot groupings of series
I would like to plot a number of groupings of three bar series such that I show three values grouped together for one location, then plot the three bar values for the next location, and so on. The three values should be beside each other for each location. Jimmy - Set up your data like this: Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Loc 1 xxx xxx xxx Loc 2 xxx xxx xxx Loc 3 xxx xxx xxx The top left cell is blank. Select the whole range, and create a stacked column chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Help about sending email after complete a task
Hi everbody from spain and sorry for my bad english. I'm working with MSCRM 3.0 I'm trying to create a rule that send an email after closing a task to its creator (created by). I've already included on the form the field created by but when I'm trying to define an email action I can not select this field and just can select Logical User, User, Account and contact. It seems that logical solution was select "Logical User" and then Created by but just have administrator or administrator owner options. Is there any possibility to create this rule? Thanks in advance...

How do I change the group heading COLOR of incoming e-mail?
Is it possible to change the COLOR of the HEADING of a group for an incoming e-mail? It's pretty annoying having to search and search for incoming e-mail. Thanks so much. yes, its automatic formatting-and is part of the view settings. you can use Tools, Organize. to access it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

Inserting specific number of records
I have a Data Entry form in which the user have to insert a specific numbrer of record, depending on the type of product he choose. Ej: The product "A" have to have 3 data, so it will need to insert 3 record on the table only, no more. I have created a simple code in VB that I supose to have to restrcit the number of record records, depending on a Textbox value **************************************** CODE **************************************** Private Sub LECTURA_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Lectura Dim Respuesta If Form.CurrentRecord <= Forms...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

hiding specific columns
how do i stop certain people viewing specified columns in excel and are viewable only via a password Good morning Joe Black You could protect that fairly easily by using Tools > Protection > Worksheet Protection. It will keep out all users and will require a password. Now the bad news. It's not very secure at all and anyone who finds newsgroups like this can find code listings and sites that show the code that would be required to remove the password. The bottom line - it can be used to prevant accidental change or erasure and will keep out some users, but if you want to keep...

new yahoo group
If you want something you never had, do something you have never done. Don't go the way life takes you. Take the life the way you go . And remember you are born to live and not living because you are born. I established this forum that I wish to be a place for people who are new to computer field and also for the Intermediate, Experienced...... can get help, and COMPUTER GURUS who like to share their experience, knowledge, and to help new comers http://groups.yahoo.com/group/itsrealnetwork ...

Task alarms going off way too early
I have set up some recurring tasks with alarms, but I am having trouble getting them to behave. For example, I have a task that is supposed to have a pop-up reminder every Saturday. Well it popped up this morning with the message that it was due in 4 days. I have checked the settings, they are set for a weekly task, beginning last Sat and continuing indefinitely with an alarm at 8:00am each Sat. This pop-up is not showing an overdue task that I forgot to clear, it is showing something several days early. Am I setting something up incorrectly, or is this related to syncing my Sony Clie, or...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Which category for currency exchange?
Which category should a currency exchange go under? This isn't the exchange fee. It is the withdrawal from an American bank to purchase Euros for example in Europe. It's the actual conversion. Not really an income or an expense. Using MS Money Small Business 2004. Thanks, Brett This is hard because Money doesn't provide a great way to treat it. In my case for short travel, and I don't use the Business edition, I create a cash account for the foreign currency, set it up to use that currency, and use a transfer in from one of my normal cash accounts. With the acco...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

Assigned Task
Is it possible to reassign a task which was given to a person who has since left the company? How would I do this, if I can? Thank you. If you kept a copy of the assigned Task (as the assingor) then there's a button on your copy of it which enables you to make an Unassigned copy of it. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "SusieQ49" <SusieQ49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB777256-CA2C-403A-8E87-C0E8ADF7324A@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to reassign a task which was given to a person who has > since > left the...

see group function when publishing to HTML
Hi, When I save a worksheet as html I loose group functionabilty, How can I display HTML excel with grouping rows? ...

Specific filter for the data in a field
Hello, In a field there are entries that have the symbol * entered for some reason. For example: DBW*R2 3*FLEW QQ*IF94 How can I filter and find all the data in that field that has "*" entered. I can't seem to find the filter for it. Thanks Dimitris On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:29:28 +0200, "Dimitris" <ipackREMOVE@otenet.gr> wrote: Use this expression: Like "*[*]*" This means a wildcard followed by an asterisk followed by a wildcard. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello, > >In a field there are entries that have ...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

Emailing a Distribution group from workflow
How can I email a distribution group from workflow. I attempted to create a contact and put the distribution groups email adress as the email adress of the contact but all it did was send to the contact (viewable through the history of the contact) is there any way to do this? ...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

scheduler tasks
Greetings. I have the idea to configure windows scheduler task to trigger an event and capture it in to my MFC application. Is it this possible? Is there some sort of scheduler tasks activeX to use in my app?? The main idea is to avoid the scheduler logic.. (suggestions are welcomed) Thanks in advance John Mosso. More to the point, why don't you ask what you really want? Why presume that the windows scheduler task is the only way to accomplish what you want? Sounds to me like what you are asking for is something like a time-of-day notification; in which case I would recommend a waita...

Distribution Groups: Can't add Security Groups?
Is it possible to put a security group into a distribution group and have any e-mail sent to the distribution group go to all members of the security group? I'm using Exchange 2003 and I tried doing this very thing but when I send an e-mail to the D-group none of the members of the S-group receive it. When i added the S-group to the D-group there were no warnings or errors stating that this wouldn't work. Am I missing something here? Is the Security Group mail enabled? Nue "ATC" <ATC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45857D5E-BBE2-4954-83FA-F0...

Working with worksheet groups
I have been using the group selection feature of Excel for years to print multiple worksheets all at once or to apply formatting to a set of worksheets. My problem is that the indicator at the bottom of the screen in not very noticeable and too often I save a file with worksheet groups enabled and when I reopen it later I enter numbers in cells and everything gets screwed up. I created a macro in Word to select the entire page, update all fields and then print. Is it possible to create a macro that prints all the worksheets if groups are turned on and then turns off groups when the ...

How do I controle the order of the tasks in the task Pad?
When I print the dayly view for my calander the task pad list is not the priority list I want to show. How do I control the order and tasks that will print. did you try creating a view of the tasks you want to include before printing it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access...