Help with problem

I accidentally clicked on the "From" field in Outlook and drug it down my
listing of emails.  Now the field is missing and my emails do not list who
they are from on the screen.  I have to click on the email to see who it is
from now.  I cannot figure out how to get that field back now that I have
done this.  I have looked in a few places in Outlook to see if I could figure
it out, but to no avail I have not figured it out.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Right-click on the bar and add it back, or choose Customize Current View.
Choose Fields, add the From field back.

"mdestis" <mdestis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I accidentally clicked on the "From" field in Outlook and drug it down my
> listing of emails.  Now the field is missing and my emails do not list who
> they are from on the screen.  I have to click on the email to see who it
is
> from now.  I cannot figure out how to get that field back now that I have
> done this.  I have looked in a few places in Outlook to see if I could
figure
> it out, but to no avail I have not figured it out.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

0
Kathleen
1/18/2010 2:59:25 PM
Hi,
This is my first reply in any forums, so I suggest not to thrust the answer
: )
In the column titles area of the messages, "right click / field chooser /
drag the field you want to add to the columns titles area"
I hope it helps,
Cousin Excel

"mdestis" wrote:

> I accidentally clicked on the "From" field in Outlook and drug it down my
> listing of emails.  Now the field is missing and my emails do not list who
> they are from on the screen.  I have to click on the email to see who it is
> from now.  I cannot figure out how to get that field back now that I have
> done this.  I have looked in a few places in Outlook to see if I could figure
> it out, but to no avail I have not figured it out.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Help
My organization has 4 entities with 4 domain names. I have created 4 recipient policies to assign the domain email address to users of each entity (1 email per user). However, there are certain users that need to have an email address other than the primary address that they receive. Without manually assiging this address, can I create a group, put users in that group, and have a recipient policy assign all necessary addresses based on this group membership? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semin...

combo box and subform help
In my subform for each seperate order, I want to beable to select a descripton name from the combo box. When the description name is selected, the price associated with that name should come up in the subform. I have tried to put the combo box in the table for description and make a query but, the information associated with the description name will not come up. Create the combo box cboItem with the RowSource something like: SELECT tblItem.ItemKey, tblItem.ItemDescription, tblItem.SellPrice FROM tblItem; Set the number of columns to 3 Set the column widths to 0;2;0 or something e...

urgent help to find out why
Hi all, windows 2003 /exchange 2003 SP2 with FE and BE Users are complaining that they do not receive messages timely. I check the BE's queues and find out over 5000 mesages in the local delivery queue about the 1.7 GB size(no limit set up here and is not allowed to do it. If I do a search, I can not find out the messages which have large sizes. What's the log to track own who send large attachment? tracking log. Also, any other ways to make queue go down quickly? To rebboot the server? Can we set up the alert if messages queued up in the local delivery queue? O...

OMA Problem!
Goodmornig at all! I've a problem with OMA 2003... When I type http://serverip/oma the logon popup appear; I write domainname\username and password and appear this: (see the attach....screenshot.jpg) In the domain controller event viewer I've found this error: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeOMA Categoria evento: (1000) ID evento: 1507 Data: 28/07/2004 Ora: 10.16.07 Utente: N/D Computer: DOMAIN Descrizione: Errore sconosciuto durante l'elaborazione della richiesta corrente: Generata eccezione di tipo Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderExcepti...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

IE8 problem.
I keep getting the following message when I try to use IE8 on my desktop:- "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have used CCleaner to get rid of cookies, temporary files etc with no joy. I have also uninstalled IE8 and returned to IE7 and everything worked fine. I then reinstalled IE8 and and was able to use Internet Explorer until I rebooted the computer. Back to square one, no internet.. I know that I should now return to IE7 but would first like to know whether there is a fix for this problem. I can...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

SMTP problem #2
Using Windows XP Pro SP1, and Outlook 2002 on 2 pc's we have the following problem: PC1 has email accounts A & B, connection by LAN, sends & receiev's OK PC2 also has the same email accounts A & B, connection by the same LAN to the same mail server, for Pop3 & smtp, as PC1 able to send OK by prompts for user name & password for both A&B smtp mail boxes. The obvious inital thought is that user names & passwords were incorrect but these have re-entered & double checked and are identical to settings on PC1. We are unable to identify any outlook ema...

Parsing Problem
I have table URLsamp with a column uri as follows: uri http://a829.ac-ges.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_f40bba6e8c040cee442b8fd57df5134.jpg http://photo.doulike.com/nphoto/SmallPhoto/0/4/4867.JPEG http://c5.zedo.com/bar/v14-100/c5/jsc/profile.js I would like to go delete everything in the "url" field except for the root domain name. That is everything after the third "/" So "http://c5.zedo.com/bar/v14-100/c5/jsc/profile.js" would become "http://c5.zedo.com/bar/" . I have a crazy solution, but it works! : SELECT UrlSAMP.uri, Mid([uri],1,InStr(1,[uri]...

Help with graph
Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph Column A = 17 Items Column B = September Reported Column C = September Actual Column D = October Reported Column E = October Actual .... to the end of the year I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal. I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph. Am I arranging my data incorrectly? What kind of graph should I use? Hi, You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add a Series...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

faq CArray member function Add problem
Hi, Headcke! I define some classes as fellows: CMyPoint { .... CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); .... }; CSegment { .... CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint> m_PointList; .... CSegment& operator = (const CSegment& asssignsegmet); .... }; But when I use them CArray<CSegment,CSegment> tmpmyarray; CSegment tmpsegment; tmpsegment.m_PointList.RemoveAll(); tmpsegment.m_nIndex=0; tmp...

Problem w/email signature on scanned docs.
When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go with mail from that user. Does anyone know if there is a setting I'm missing somewhere? We use Outlook 2003 and an HP LaserJet 3015 printer/scanner/fax. Thank you Pearl King "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:e5tHJtuiJHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes > up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go wi...

HELP!!! Nothings happening....
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 and everything apparently went fine but nothing happens. I cant get the website open or connect via Outlook... you really need to be more specific............. in the browser when you try to access CRM, what exactly happens? Is it just closing? Do you get any error message? If its the latter, try disabling all pop up blockers............ -Gary "Michael" <dont@spam.me> wrote in message news:qe5ec056hbaanuum3vdefjjmak8ck8vrig@4ax.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 and everything apparently went fine but > nothing happens. I cant get the we...

Formula Help 03-02-10
HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help once again from the forum. Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If. IF(AH10>=1,(BB1=" ")) What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=1 then I want cell BB1 to be blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2. Thanks for any help. On Mar 2, 3:29=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote: > HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help > once again from the forum. > Here is a if...

Data Migration Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? - Its my last issue to resolve before I can put this out to production. Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to...

Restoring Prod Database to New Server/Domain
I have a client who has quite a bit of data to import into CRM 4.0, however they are using a hosted solution and I will not have access to the database, web services, plugins, code, scribe. etc. The hosting company will however allow us to provide them a database to restore. I have an environment I can use for this effort. The hosting company warns us that this hasn't gone so well. What is your opinion on restoring the DB to their environment? Are there any known issues, problems that would cause you to suggest another method? Thanks! sounds ok to me - not too sure what the hosting c...

Outlook 2002 Archive Problem
Hi, I was archiving a 4 GB mailbox using outlook 2002 by year so as not to exceed the 2 GB .pst limit and had a need to put all the mail back into the mailbox once I was completed. The first operation went perfectly! Then putting the mail back went perfectly. When I tried to re- archive the files that is where the problems began... It seems that if you archive files and try to archive them after you put them back into the mailbox they are no longer archivable... WHY? I need to archive this mailbox again because the original archive .pst files were lost. Thanks, Scott Archive...

OL2007/Vista send problem
I have a problem sending email from OL2007, it is intermittent and only seems to be to selected email addys, although I cannot figure out why it sends to some and not to others. When attempting to send to some addys the send/receive goes absolutely crazy, with the number of tasks constantly increasing. The email does not send, and I have to close outlook and wait for 30secs for it to close itself down without sending the emails. Any suggestions as to why this is happening/how to fix it will be gratefully received!! ...

Excel Macro Clipboard Problem
I am trying to copy data from a web page table to an Excel worksheet using a macro. I am doing this be opening the html file, copying the data, and closing the html file. When I close it, I am asked if I want to keep the clipboard contents (I do not). I have to select No manually while the macro runs. How can prevent this? Application.DisplayAlerts = false -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "Glenn H" <hall_glenn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00c701c3c978$cc7a2000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to copy data from a web page tabl...

Duration problem
Recently to avoid cd buying duplication i started to create a excel database of my audio cd collection , artist, track,cd name, duration of each track etc. I am now about half the way through my cd database and have just started using a little program that gets me the track info from gracenote which i then copy and paste into excel the problem is... The track duration isnt copying the same as it is being displayed for example this is how it should be M People - Moving On Up - Funky Divas cd 2 - 3:30 Is appearing in Excel as But this is how it is in excel M People - Moving On Up - Fu...

outlook 2000, problem with outlook.pst file
I have problem receiving messages or deleting old ones although I can read them. I get a message with the path.../outlook.pst cannot be accessed. accessed denied. this message would come after a few minutes while the computer tries to operate. What should I do as I have a lot of messages in the file I would not like to loose. The file outlook.pst is there and I could not find any virus. Thank you M. Beraha On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:25:36 -0700, "Monis Beraha" <mberaha@biznetvigator.com> wrote: >I have problem receiving messages or deleting old ones >although I ...

sales for outlook problem 08-30-04
Does anyone know what this means? I'm getting this error in event log on my client. The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Microsoft CRM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: MSCRM Application Error Report: ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please re...

Outlook 2003 problem
I've got a serious problem here. Outlook 2003 keeps freezing up completely: often when I'm in the middle of writing an email and have switched to another program to look something up. It's a real nuisance and I've no idea what's causing it. Any ideas where I might lookf? Are you using Word as the E-mail editor? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...