Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?

A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple
attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on
the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments,
and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the
attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for
example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the
screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is
very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attachment if I don't know how many
attachments are attached, and I can miss an attachment, not even realizing it
is there, unless I see the scroll bar and scroll down through the list. I
only have this issue with emails I RECEIVE from one person. When I send
attachments, I (and the recipients) can see all of them without having to
scroll. Any idea why this is happening?

Are the filenames long? That is the usual cause of the attachments not
fitting on one line.   How many you'll see per row is fully dependant on the
width of the message header.  If not using full screen already, double click
on the title bar to take the window full screen. If using the reading pane,
make it as wide as possible.

Otherwise, File, save attachments menu will list all.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Chicagogirl" <Chicagogirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple
> attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once
> on
> the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the
> attachments,
> and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of
> the
> attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for
> example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on
> the
> screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This
> is
> very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attachment if I don't know how
> many
> attachments are attached, and I can miss an attachment, not even realizing
> it
> is there, unless I see the scroll bar and scroll down through the list. I
> only have this issue with emails I RECEIVE from one person. When I send
> attachments, I (and the recipients) can see all of them without having to
> scroll. Any idea why this is happening?

0
Diane

Change font size in drop down validation lists
Is there a way to change the font size in the validation drop down list, as on some spreedsheets it is almost unreadable Hi no, but check out http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font for a workaround Cheers JulieD "Big Daddy" <Big Daddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48CBC74B-576B-4537-9720-CE8B400669E4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the font size in the validation drop down list, > as > on some spreedsheets it is almost unreadable In data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a cou...

Distribution List Warning script?
Hi There, In our company we often engage contractors to work on various projects and add their email address to Active Directory as a contact. Our users can then find the contractor in the address book (marked with the globe for contact object) and email them exactly the same way as they would any regular employee. Whilst we educate users about the globe symbol and what it means, Users still want to add contacts to DL's and include them on correspondence. This poses a problem as company sensitive information could end up in the mailbox store of an external company. I guess what i...

Outlook spellcheck #2
I am having problems with O.E. spellcheck. I keep getting an error message. I've tried to get help from Microsoft Tech Support but haven't had any luck. Apparently it has something to do with the connection between my Microsoft Word program and Outlook Express. Any suggestions? Thanks Vicki How To Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6 http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm#xp_spell_checker ...

Scrolling with CScrollView
Hi everyone, Let me start by saying that I'm rather new to scrolling. I have come accross the following problem. I created a new SDI MFC application that uses CScrollView with Visual Studio .NET 2003. Then I have increased the size in CScrollView::OnInitialUpdate() to 1000 by 1000. Finally I have added the following code in CScrollView::OnDraw(), // TODO: add draw code for native data here CRect rect; GetClientRect (&rect); CString str_scroll; str_scroll.Format(_T(" x = %i y = %i "), GetScrollPosition().x, GetScrollPosition().y); pDC->DrawText(str_scroll, -1, &...

how to schedule outlook to send emails automatically with attachm.
I was trying to figure out if there was a way to schedule Microsoft Outlook to automatically send emails by inserting in an attachment to a group of people in the contact list at a given time (say 9 am). Ashesh <Ashesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was trying to figure out if there was a way to schedule Microsoft > Outlook to automatically send emails by inserting in an attachment to > a group of people in the contact list at a given time (say 9 am). See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Export from Outlook 2002 on XP to Outlook Express on Vista (diff.
Hi I'm about to get made redundant and would like to export my personal emails from my work pc which is XP and uses Outlook 2002 At home I use Visat and Outlook Express The only info I have found is how to move emails from Outlook to OE on the same pc, but I need to move them to a different pc Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance Move them from Outlook to OE on the same machine and then copy the dbx files from that machine and then import them into the new machine. Just copy the entire dbx directory (located via Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder -- note ...

Convert Text "00:00:00:00" to time format in Access 2007
I have an application that uses a stopwatch to capture time on various events. The stopwatch time is stored as a text file, which I would like to convert to a time format. The text value is "00:00:00:00" which needs to be converted to "dd:hh:nn:ss." I've tried just about every method I can find with no luck thus far. There are a number of posts on this topic and I've tried using "CDate," "DateSerial," "TimeSerial" and others, but each returns compile errors when I attempt to run a query to do the conversion. Any sug...

Expanding Outlook Folders
Is there a feature that allows you to expand all the email folders at once versus one at a time? TS ...

All Address List Missing.
Hello everyone; I'm new to Exchange 2003 and I think I did a big mistake. I wanted to hide all address lists from all users, so I selecte authenticate uses and checked on Deny on all options. After that the all address lists disappeared from the exchange administration utility. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to reset or find the all address list object so I can put back the rights for the authenticated users. I'll really appreciate your help. Thank you Hi, you know that "authenticated users" also include all admin users? You should try to...

cannot see appointments/events on To Do Bar
When I schedule an appointment/event, it does not show on my to do bar. It is on the calendar but not on to do bar. What's going on? I'm using Outlook 7 Is it in your default calendar? (only the default calendar is shown on the to-do) Is it scheduled within 30 days? (only appointments within 30 days show) Is it an all day event? (All day events aren't on the To-do in outlook 2007) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dail...

paste special picture from Excel 2007 to Publisher 2007 doesn't work
I have a group of charts with text in surrounding cells that I want to copy and paste special picture enhanced metafile from Excel into Publisher. I have around 200 groups of these charts to paste into the Publisher file. What happens now is that the paste special command only reveals three options: new table, new text box, and HTML. When I copy paste special into Word the picture enhanced metafile is accessible and the image pastes fine. In Publisher pasting results in worksheet cells and the charts all in pieces and messy. I could copy the Word image into Publisher, but UGH!!200 TIMES. There...

Outlook 2007 mail to links and attachments
I have discovered an issue with Outlook 2007. If a user clicks on a mailto link with Outlook already open from a web page the new mail form opens, but the user is unable to attach a file to this new email. The attachment button is grayed out. If the user closes Outlook and clicks on the same link, they are able to send the email with an attachment. Is there a resolution or workaround for this? Thanks. "mlwalls" <mwalls@Integrityts.com> wrote in message news:erHUBr3zKHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have discovered an issue with Outlook 2007. If a user ...

No payees in pay to pull down list
Just had to re-install Money 2004 Deluxe and open a backup I had saved. Everything seems to be working as it used to except there are no payees in the pull down list in the transaction forms (or when using the pull down when editing in the register). The only item in the pull down list is "Ballance forward". When I open the sample.mny, the pull down list is populated there. I've tried repairing My Money.mny with no luck. The original file had been created in Money 95 (I believe), but it converted properly the first time I installed Money 2004. I'm not using ...

outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 (client drops to offline)
I have a number of workstations that are using outlook 2003 without any problem. However I have one workstation that continues to drop to offline mode and cannot send or recieve may. I uncheck the offline mode and then it goes in connected mode for about 10 minutes and then fails again. It then asks for username and password which it rejects, even using administrator. Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this one? Thanks Scott Checked the physical connection already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and ...

I cannot see any picture that I insert to my publication?
I can see the outline, but cannot see any picture that import, from file. This makes it quite impossible to create anyhtng but text. Read the third FAQ. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bjen" <bjen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272146CA-2A77-486D-9DE0-417DE68A771D@microsoft.com... >I can see the outline, but cannot see any picture that import, from file. > This makes it quite impossible to create anyhtng but text. ...

List rows if item in one column is unique
I have a list like this (two columns) A B 1 John 2 Brian 3 Benny 4 John 5 Bill 6 Jonathan 7 Brian 8 Edward .... Somewhere else in the sheet, I like a listing of rows, but only each name from column B once like D E 1 John 2 Brian 3 Benny 5 Bill 6 Jonathan 8 Edward Can this be done, using only spreadsheet functions or do I have to use a VBA solution? I have tried using the "Unique only" in ther Advanced Filter, but if I have both columns in the Filter Range, the rows are not unique, and if I leave out column A, it only copies the unuique rows from ...

Limited # of recipients in dist. lists?
Where can you increase the number of allowed recipients for user distribution lists? I'm getting an error message that I've exceeded the number allowed, but I can't find anywhere that it is configured. Trent <trent.guild@mibatt.ang.af.mil> wrote: > Where can you increase the number of allowed recipients > for user distribution lists? I'm getting an error message > that I've exceeded the number allowed, but I can't find > anywhere that it is configured. Outlook does not impose a limit. Your ISP, however, probably does. -- Brian Tillman This...

Registering an ActiveX server without apearing in the References list
Hi, Is it possible to register an ActiveX server and make it not visible in the list of project references such as in the VB IDE References? Some time ago I've read a MSDN article about changing any flag in the registry but now I can't find it. TIA, Paulo "Paulo" <nospam.pmpcosta@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:udR7UBIaKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to register an ActiveX server and make it not visible in > the list of project references such as in the VB IDE References? Some time > ago I've re...

Upgrading From CRM Trial to Full Version
Hi, We ae running CRM 3 trial version, and have brought a valid license for the server and 20 CAL's. Now the problem I haver is that we have bought it under a volume license agreement, so don't have a License Key to upgrade the trial version. I assume I have to install the CRM a fresh? or possible upgrade the trial version via a CD? You possibly will have a product key in eOpen (online tool) If so you can use license manager on the CRM server to apply the server and user licenses. Check with your supplier if this is the case.. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 20...

Scrolling sync subforms
Hi all I have a continuous subform which shows all claim details, that have Part(s) against them. The claims are a one to many with the Parts. I wanted to show a count on the form of parts against each claim. If I add a count to the recordsource query then I lose the ability to edit the data in the subform. I need to do this to add a Selector code if the user wants to mark the claim as a selection. Instead I have created another continuous subform, this has just the claim ref and the count of parts. Each form has the same sort order and a vertical scroll bar - is it possibl...

Outlook Mail arrangement as per datewise
HI Experts , I have a query about mails which normally arranged as per the date mentioned in that mail; but here all received mails are not aligned with date wise; all received mail which are sent on 2 or three days before ideally that should seen in yesterday=92s column but still that getting in today=92s date , Note: Date of system is properly configured The first thing I think you should do is to RESET your VIEW. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm Nikki <ashish.sk.online@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33978795-59df-4653-addf-70c4db2674b8@z16g2000prd.googlegroup...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

Custom Global address List.
Is it possible to make a custom GAL for specific groups. So I can filter what the user can and can not see in this list. Like contacts for finance are not displyed in a list for a normal user. -- Regards, Ron On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:55:05 -0800, "Ron Dokter" <RonDokter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to make a custom GAL for specific groups. So I can filter what >the user can and can not see in this list. Like contacts for finance are not >displyed in a list for a normal user. If you actually want to remove the visibility of internal users the...

Permissions to see items in Mailbox?
Hi, I have a problem with the rights of my exchange server. When I browse my server with exchange explorer I can't see any items. If I login with the admin account I can see the items in the admin account, But if I log in with another user, I can't see that users items. Anyone any idea how this can happen? I think it has something to do with the permissions, but I am not sure THX Davy There is a "deny" on the top level of the administrators group for "send as" and "receive as" If you use adsiedit, you can modify the active directory to remove...

New Rule
Hi folks, Perhaps the subject line hints at what I want to do... I'm a professor. At the beginning of every semeser I have my students email me with their contact information. I have them include a course-specific text string in their subject line so I can filter their mail into individual course folders. I have four different sections and about 150 students. I construct distribution lists for each class every semester. What I've done in the past is open each email then cut/paste the relevant information. Is there any way I can automate this rather tedious mess? Obviously sinc...