Get notified when Out of Office is on

I am using Outlook 2007. With 2003, when returning from leave, I used to get
a notification that the Outlook out of office was still on and asking me if I
wanted to switch it off. This reminder no longer appears with 2007. How can I
switch this setting on so that I get the notification?

"Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am using Outlook 2007. With 2003, when returning from leave, I used to get
> a notification that the Outlook out of office was still on and asking me if
> wanted to switch it off. This reminder no longer appears with 2007. How can
> switch this setting on so that I get the notification?

Outlook will display that information in the Status bar at the bottom.  There
is no pop-up window for that any more.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Where can I get more Stationary?
Where can I go to get more stationary like what outlook already has in the Compose New Mail area?? Thanks You. google. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mickey asked: | Where can I go to get more stationary like what outlook already has | in the Compose New Mail area?? Thanks You. Mickey <Mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I go to get more stati...

Stop office from scanning network drives in disconnected state
I know that unmapping the network drives when disconnected is the MS solution for solving the problem with office apps opening files slowly off network (KB313937). But i don't remember having any users complain about this until a month or so ago. We have been using Office 2007 in a domain environment for several years and this issue has never occurred until recently (like that last month or so). Is there a group policy setting or Office setting that will prevent office from waiting for a disconnected drive to time out? We map drives using group policy preferences and it w...

Lost Public folders after upgrade to Office 2003
Can not see Public folders or enable Spam Inspector after upgrade to Office 2003. 1. To see Public Folders, enable the folders view, not mail. 2. Contact the vendor for Spam Inspector assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, TK asked: | Can not see Public folders or enable Spam Inspector after | upgrade to Office 2003. I have exactly the same...

how get rid of cells with unused formulas
Hi all thanx in advance I created a macro to create a new sheet and clone cells from an older sheet like this ='Sheet1'!B1 then the macro does autofill until row 2000 the reason of doing that is because sheet1 for example is designed to hold info until that no. of cells and I want to sort only those columns copied to that sheet, but the problem is when doing sort with autofilter on, all the empty cells which contains a value but is not used because on the older sheet this cell is empty (but on this sheet it shows a zero 0) goes to the top, My question is how do I delete all the ...

getting stationary to show on received mail
i sent myself a e-mail using stationary---it looked fine when it left my progra but.. when i received it, the stationary came as attachment and the font was basic black instead of the blue font i chos what am i doing wrong? I tried allowing attachments-no restrictions, which makes me not happy, using internet zone and took all security off, still getting the abov help menu is absolutely no hel ...

How do I get gif files to animate in Excel?
I downloaded a ClipArt .gif file, [insert][picture][from file]. It shows the picture but it does not animate. Please help! Thanks Check out: http://www.xcelfiles.com/AnimatedGif.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I downloaded a ClipArt .gif file, [insert][picture][from file]. It shows the >picture but it does not animate. > >Please help! > >Thanks >. > ...

Get XPath position of an XmlNode

How do I get my transactions back?
I am a newbie to Money 2006. I'm working in Banking>Account Tools. All of a sudden my screen had only one transaction on it. I've tried everyting to get the transactions back. What have I done and how do I restore the transactiions? Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money, Don J wrote: >I am a newbie to Money 2006. I'm working in Banking>Account Tools. All of >a sudden my screen had only one ...

Get events from embedded Dlg
Hi, I have placed a CDialog based window inside my main CDialog based window, and am using it to draw graphics to. My question is, does anyone know of a way to give this window direct focus such as Picture controls may have in VB, as I need to detect keystrokes to it. - Mark R Why would you embed a dialog inside another dialog? All you really need is any of the controls, eg placing a CStatic in a dialog and painting it the way you want would achieve the same w/o the added complexity. As far as keystrokes etc are concerned, you could use PreTranslateMessage of the parent dialog to de...

Not getting emails getting to server
I've recently had 2 people tell me that they sent me email I never received in my Outlook 2003 inbox. As part of my investigation, I used my ISP's web mail to check my email account, and I discovered at least 1 email that's in my account at the ISP but never downloaded to my primary PC. My email account is configured in Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server for 10 days. Presumably, this 1 email didn't download because its "already downloaded" flag had been set. PC hasn't crashed or otherwise had email checking/sending/receiving interrupted. Che...

How do I get the contents of a directory
Hi, I want to get a the contents of a directory (files and directories, particularly the latter). How do I do this? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1149313849.386484.4590@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I want to get a the contents of a directory (files and directories, > particularly the latter). How do I do this? Use FindFirstFile/FindNextFile/FindClose from the Windows API or CFileFind from MFC. HTH Heinz ...

Will there be a Mac office release that matches office 2007?
Does anybody know what the plans of the MacBU are in relation to the next version of Office for Mac? Will it mirror the functionality being rolled out in Office 2007? Will it work more effectively with sharepoint services? It would be great if there was some way to have a dialogue with the MacBU for those businesses that are heavy users of Macs in business. edward (COO of WhatIf). ...

some messages get stuck in the smtp queue and must reboot to get them out!
I seem to have a big problem in that I see some messages that get stuck in the smtp queue. Trying to stop the smtp service both in exchange system administrator or under services causes the smtp server to HANG! If I reboot the server, all the messages that were stuck in the queue are transferred. Any idea why the smtp service hangs and why I have to reboot to get the stuck messages out of the queue? I'm running Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks Look at your SMTP logs to see if you can provide any more information. Nue "John" <john@edd.com> wrote...

Can't get out safe mode?!
my computer had a virus it was put in safe mode. It restarted but my computer will not get passed the the black screen with the options of safe mode , safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known configuration and start windows normally Every option i try the computer immediately restarts to the black screen. I don't have the windows xp disk and the computer isn't back up on any memory drive. I'm i totally screwed? -- jayp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jayp's Profile: http://forums.techar...

Not getting any mail in hotmail account
So yesterday all was well with my @hotmail.com account and now this morning I'm receiving no incoming messages. Some have gone out but no replies have come back and I know people replied. Is something wrong with the system? Very frustratiing. I am having the same problem....could someone please advise... "sm" wrote: > So yesterday all was well with my @hotmail.com account and now this morning > I'm receiving no incoming messages. Some have gone out but no replies have > come back and I know people replied. Is something wrong with the system? ...

Getting rid of unusable charts?
Last year I created an Excel worksheet around neighborhood property appraisals. The sheet had about a dozen columns. I also created half a dozen charts using data from different columns. This year I updated the worksheet, added new columns and deleted a few old ones. I would like to delete the charts that I created last year and construct new ones. Unfortunately, the cells referenced by the charts have been moved or no longer exist. When I click on a chart, I get a message that . . . "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and has to close . . .". I can't open...

Can't get out of selection? Assistance would be most appreciated...
Perhaps I have done something inadvertently. I am in an Excel workbook and I appear to be in the middle of selecting a block of cells. Everytime I move the cursor, the cell selection area changes. I can't Esc out, or use the Enter key. Mousing over the menu, the menu does not respond. Rather silly really, but I desperately need to use this workbook and nothing seems to function. Even when the cursor is moving over the menu items, the cells selected in the workbook area still seems to be changing. I can't use the menu - the arrow keys don't work. Does anyone know how to &quo...

MS Office Is Not Genuine
I purchased an OEM version of MS Office Pro 2003 in June 2004, and I have been using it ever since then, including several occasions of updates (up to SP3). For the past two days I have been getting error messages when I opened an Office application indicating that I do not have a genuine copy of Office. What can I do to LEGITMATELY eliminate this error message? Thanks for your help. Andrew What does the error message tell you to do? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. H...

Office Apps Quitting
Every time I open Excel X or PPoint X, they unexpectedly quit. I don't think that it is a corrupted font problem because Word works fine. Here's the strange part: If I open a spreadsheet directly everything works fine, but if I click on the Excel icon in the Dock or directly in the office folder it won't work. I'm running OS 10.2.6 and Office 10.1.3 One other thing you can try: open PowerPoint X using a document, and then go to PowerPoint -> Preferences. Under the "View" tab in the "Show" section, uncheck "Project Gallery at Startup". Qui...

Office Business Contact Manager 2003
Hi All, After installing Office Business Contact Manager 2003 with Outlook 2003 on my windows2000 computer. I cannot see the "Business Tools" button on menu bar as show on Help files. I also cannot add any Contacts or Accounts into the database. I checked the database is on. When save the Account/Contact, the Window displays " The item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you don not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" When I answer "yes" , the contact saved to my Perso...

Problem with getting a size of CListCtrl control.
I've a code like follow: CRect rect; m_cList.GetClientRect(&rect); rect.NormalizeRect(); int nColInterval = rect.Width(); m_cList is object of CListCtrl class. It is control in dialog and it is about 100x100 points size but rect.Width() returns a large results (a few tousand points). What is wrong in above code? Maybe something wrong is with a control? Because when I call m_cList.InsertColumn(0, _T("Name"), LVCFMT_LEFT, nColWidth); and before nColWidth is set for 50 for example. Anything happened. I don't see any column with "Name" name on List control. Th...

Books and Getting Started
I have just purchased RMS ver 1.2 and am looking for some books to get me started. I am a Microsoft Partner and have been working with MSFT products for years. I am quite used to working with these products by consuming a few books and playing. Problem is that I cannot find any books that will do the trick! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Nope, no books on RMS. If you just purchased, it should have been version 1.3R1. If you are looking to become a reseller of RMS, all of the certification guidance is provided by the distribution partners, Scan Source, Tech Data and B...

cannot get IMF to update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C683EE.9571B4F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running exchange 2k3, sp2. I've verified that SP2 is installed. I = created the registry entry to enable updates for IMF, but every time I = go to windows update, there are none for IMF on that server. I also = checked the update folder in program files and only the original update = is there. The only thing about my install that isn't standard is that I = have my exchange program files i...

Can't get Outlook Express to work and passwords have been changed??
I am pulling my hair out to work out why Outlook express won't send/receive my emails. I have entered the POP/SMTP info as directed by tiscali but this does not work. Then to top it off my password has now changed and I have no idea what it is?? Is there anyway I can find out what it now is?? And does anyone know how to make Outlook express work with Tiscali?? This PC has cost a small fortune and I am unable to call a premium rate number to get help?? Can anyone offer any advise?? Thanks Paul ...

Help in Office:mac 2008 Excel
How can I turn the online help back on in Excel. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_017F_01C859E7.DA80CA10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello,=20 Try deleting user\preferences\com.Microsoft.helpviewer.plist, Next time = you open help it will again ask you if you want to use online help.=20 Hope this helps, Priyanka=20 <Dick@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:ee89061.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... How can I turn the online help back on in Excel. ------=_NextPart_000_017F_01...