Get Inspector or MailItem as IDispatch object from a window handle

I am able to get any window handle from outlook. For each of these window
handle I've tried AccessibleObjectFromWindow( hWnd, (DWORD)OBJID_NATIVEOM,
IID_IDispatch, (void**)&pDispWindow); I am able to get Word.Document object
from a window class as "_WwG". But I am not able to get Outlook.Inspedtor
object from any of these window.

Is there any way to get Outlook.Inspedtor object from one of these window?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Tom;113091 Wrote:
> I am able to get any window handle from outlook. For each of these
> window
> handle I've tried AccessibleObjectFromWindow( hWnd,
> (DWORD)OBJID_NATIVEOM,
> IID_IDispatch, (void**)&pDispWindow); I am able to get Word.Document
> object
> from a window class as "_WwG". But I am not able to get
> Outlook.Inspedtor
> object from any of these window.
>
> Is there any way to get Outlook.Inspedtor object from one of these
> window?

You should ask in microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba where the
programmers visit.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian

OT
Slightly off topic - counldn't find any appropriate group on my server. I'm running a prog in debug mode (VC7.1.3088) for several hours or more and I'm sending a lot of output via ATLTRACE2 to the output window. In the past I've had a couple visual studio crashes and I wondered if there was any restriction on the amount of data the output window can safely take - or there are any bugs linked to this. TIA "Joe" <not@here.com> wrote in message news:4230fa32$0$10953$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Slightly off topic - counldn't find any appr...

windows movie maker won,t recognize videos from my nokia n95
hi,i have vista home premium and i cant get win movie maker to recognize vid files from my nokia n95-it will not import any of them-i can drag and drop files but then it only recognizes the audio part of file and can hear sound but screen stays black-same files run no problem in movie player etc.Please help,its driving me mad!! Hi, this is a newsgroup for Office:Mac, and the chances of getting an answer to a Movie Maker-related question are very low. Try posting the question in a newsgroup for either Windows XP/Vista or Movie Maker. On 16/04/08 11:07, in article 77CE6AFF-72C2-445E-BEE9...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Windows Mail not opening
I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which will not open). Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now attempt to open Windows Live Mail? Thank you, Snakedoctor Try repairing the WinMail database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ You can also go to...

Windows only recognizes 2GB of RAM and there is 4GB installed
Hi. I've been having some issues with my laptop and RAM ever since I got it, and am really getting tired of being so limited by vista on only 2 gigs of RAM. I have been trying to search for a fix of my problem and haven't yet found a solution so I'm hoping someone might know what to do. Here's the issue. I have 4GB of RAM physically installed in the computer. I've checked bios, and it confirms the 4GB. When I view system information in windows, it too shows 4GB of RAM installed, but when I view the task manager, my system resource tab shows only 2GB of physica...

A Crystal Beginner

My windows giveth xml and it taketh away! Include path!
I wrote a screensaver, via Visual Studio 2003 in C# and I decided a wiser choice for me was to use an xml file to save my configs. Btw: I wonder if this is why every bit of documentation I've found for saving configuration info in an xml file speak of only doing this for web programming in fact, I get the impression that they have been slipped a mickey that made them forget that there are programs out there that are not web based, but I digress ... I could have done a regular config files be just a regular text file, but I figured, I might as well do it with xml like everyone else ...

Windows 2008 and long paths
Hi! The Vista shell has some support for paths longer than MAX_PATH (260 chars): http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2006/12/13/1275292.aspx Does the 2008 shell have the same (or better) support? Kind regards, Thomas ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Internet Explorer object in 64 bit systems
I often use the InternetExplorer object in my scripts. [ Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") ] I have just installed Windows 7 x64 and made an interesting discovery. Even though the default browser used by the system for internet browsing is the 32 bit version of IE, my scripts use the 64 bit version. I suspect this is because the 64 bit version is the one in the "Program Files" folder, while the 32 bit version is in the new "Program Files (x86)" folder. I don't know if this is going to cause problems or what to do about it, but b...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Opening the help window
I have prototyped something before trying it for real in our application. I have this line in my prototype: ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_INDEX, NULL); This opens the help system in a separate window, which I can always find later (with FindWindow) and direct to particular pages. Doing the above in the application gives me an unresolved external error, but I can't find anything to include that I'm not already including. MSDN doesn't mention what to include in the help page for HtmlHelp operation. What should I include? Or what am I missing? "GT&q...

Independent Dynamics Windows
Is there anyway (in the dex.ini or anywhere else) to set so that the Dynamics windows do not drop to the bottom automatically? -- Doug The short answer is no. This is a product of the new single document interface to bring consistency with other Microsoft desktop applications in v10. While this may seem annoying at the beginning, in the end it will be no different than working with other applications or upgrading to a new version of Windows. Example, when you create a new email in Outlook it opens a single document window and not a window within the Outlook shell. This same concept...

How do I get??

Getting Control ID in Active X control

"the operation failed. an object cannot be found"
This is the message I receive when I try to send a message. I have Outlook 2007 on a machine running Windows 7. Any suggestions? ...