Forwarding mail from Outlook 2007 to AOL/Gmail when Outlook is clo

I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta).  I have the same issue with
both.  When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great.  When Outlook
is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account.  I
have checked and re-checked my settings.

What am I missing?

Outlook wont do anything if its closed

"Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta).  I have the same issue with
> both.  When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great.  When
> Outlook
> is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account.  I
> have checked and re-checked my settings.
>
> What am I missing?

0
DL
1/8/2010 3:23:55 PM
Les;113016 Wrote:
> I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta).  I have the same issue
> with
> both.  When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great.  When
> Outlook
> is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account.
> have checked and re-checked my settings.
>
> What am I missing?

What you're missing is the idea that an application cannot perform a
function if it isn't running.  Can you use Word to edit a document
without opening Word?  No.  Likewise, you can't perform an Outlook
operation unless you run Outlook.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian
1/8/2010 3:26:27 PM
-If you're using Outlook 2007 at work, forwarding emails to your personal
account may be a violation of company policy.

"Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta).  I have the same issue with
> both.  When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great.  When
> Outlook
> is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account.  I
> have checked and re-checked my settings.
>
> What am I missing?

0
David
1/8/2010 4:19:37 PM
Thank you.

"DL" wrote:

> Outlook wont do anything if its closed
>
> "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta).  I have the same issue with
> > both.  When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great.  When
> > Outlook
> > is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account.  I
> > have checked and re-checked my settings.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>

> .

Thank you.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Les;113016 Wrote:
> > I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta).  I have the same issue
> > with
> > both.  When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great.  When
> > Outlook
> > is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account.
> > have checked and re-checked my settings.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> What you're missing is the idea that an application cannot perform a
> function if it isn't running.  Can you use Word to edit a document
> without opening Word?  No.  Likewise, you can't perform an Outlook
> operation unless you run Outlook.
>

> --
> Brian Tillman
>
> [MVP-Outlook]
> http://forums.slipstick.com
>
> .

cannot get mail
all of a sudden i can't get mail, 6 days now. i have read questions and answers. please help Account: 'mail', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is account corruption. One thing you...

Outlook 2003 Macro dialogs
I've got a new Dell laptop with Office 2003 installed. When first configured I could open the three items in the Macro drop down menu selections (Macro, Security and VB Editor) Now, none of them work, not even erroring, and installed custom macros don't work anymore. Has anyone seen this before? ...

Mail Merge #16
While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. AVDONDE Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from GC Publisher <GC Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I > selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got > an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. a) Try updating your MDAC...

outlook auto messages
I answer customer service question through email. most of my question are the same. therefore my reply are repeated. I type the same reply often. is there a way I can auto complete my replys? You can work with templates, AutoText (when setting Word as the e-mail editor) or create txt-files with answers and choose Insert-> File...-> dropdown on the Insert button-> Insert as Text -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ...

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Bogus E-mails
How do STOP the bogus update E-mail messages that is supposed to be from Microsoft? These E-mail contain what appears to be the official Microsoft internet page. How can I put a stop from then short of using a SPAM KILLER program? ...

e-mailing
Hello All can anyone tell me if Access will generate an e-mail from a command button advising the recipiant that certan information relating to the inputa data has been added to the database On Oct 21, 4:57 pm, will07 <wil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All > can anyone tell me if Access will generate an e-mail from a command button > advising the recipiant that certan information relating to the inputa data > has been added to the database you mean like a web page does? Not directly, since you can't monitor a table directly, the way you can in SQL Serv...

Outlook 2003 IMAP Problem
I just upgraded to OUTLOOK 2003 and I am getting this error: Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on bob@domain.com' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account bob@domain.com. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I can go to the inbox and see new mail so I know it is configured correctly. It is checking about 6 IMAP accounts and these errors seem to happen on all the ...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

Netscape and Outlook 2002
I have a Netscape account that I'd like to add to my Outlook email manager. I had no problem adding the Hotmail account, but the Netscape account won't take. I click on "Add new account" then click on "IMAP" (which this particular Netscape account claims to use). The incoming mail server addy is supposed to be imap.mail.netcenter.com and the outgoing mail server is supposedly smtp.netscape.net. But it won't work. I check for mail and it gives me a dialog box error that says "Error #0x800CCC0E -- (blah blah blah) Error: unable to connect t...

cannot send e-mail via WLM
recieve error message 0x8000CCC6F....server error 554...have discovered that this means my ISP will not support sending via WLM....have downloaded firefox in attempt to send...nope...cannot change default mail send on WLM.....have searched for a solution...nothing forthcoming.....anyone got an answer for this Whizz NEW system?..... "billmus uk" <billmus uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544ADA3E-1B4E-45F1-846D-F5B0FB72C247@microsoft.com... > recieve error message 0x8000CCC6F....server error 554...have discovered > that this means my ISP wi...

CRM 3.0 Contact's not synching up properly with Outlook Contacts.
CRM 3.0 Contact's are supposed to sync up with outlooks contacts list. Well when I birthday is placed for a contact in CRM it populates outlook's calender with an event. For some reason it populated a paticular contact for every single day in the calender. Any help on how this happend and how to clean it up would be great. Thanks From my investigation, it appears this is an Outlook feature and bug. The Outlook feature creates a reoccurring appointment for Contact's Birthdays and Anniversaries. There is currently a bug in Outlook to give the user a way to shut off this fea...

Send as pdf in Word takes over outlook 2007
If I create an email in Word using the "Send as pdf" function in Word 2007, the resulting email "takes over" the entire Outlook browser so that I cannot navigate to the main window or any other emails that are open. Is this a known issue by chance? Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks -- sparky1992@hotmail.com it's always worked like that - the way the sendto menus call up outlook uses simplemapi and the new mail window is modal. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20090401.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips....

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

Can't E-mail from Explorer
When I select an Email address on a website, I get 65 Internet Explorer windows pop up and a message about the default mail client not properly installed. I have to close all 65 windows before I can do anything! ...

E-mail Signature
I have set up my signature, and I have selected "black" for the font of my signature, but when I click on "new" e-mail, my signature comes out yellow and barely readable. Can you tell me how to fix this? Which version of Outlook are you using? How exactly did you create your signature? If using Outlook 2003 or previous, did you use the "Advanced Editor"? Which editor did it open for you then? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and mo...

Outlook Express #101
I'm trying to use Outlook Express and come up with 2 problems. First error message, can not open the Outlokk Express message stores (0x8007000E, 3). When I click OK the next error says, can not styart because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. I'm running Windows XP and this is the first time I have tried to use Outlook Express. I've tried removing and reinstalling it but I get an error back saying that I have the newest version. I also downloaded all up dates with no success. Any ideas??? Thanks Rock In article <080101c3c054$4ddcd5d0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonym...

My CRM Exchange Mail Router is unable to Route incoming Mails

OWA+GFI Mail Essential do not filter Junk Mail
Hi, I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk Mail filter vía OWA but the problem still occurs. Regards MRB Does anyomne have an idea of this issue? MRB "MRB" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter > the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with > OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk M...

Mail Store Size on Bridgehead Server
Hello, Had an interesting question and didnt know the answer. On a bridgehead server we wanted to set the store size to like 10K to keep a mailbox from being moved there by mistake (user would complain that they cannot send or recieve and then it would be spotted that they were on a store with no other users, and flag would be raised). Question is, would this limit also apply to messages going through the the bridgehead server as well. The only reason I ask this question is because the SMTP system mailbox is used to convert messages, and Im wondering if that mailbox can also fall unde...

exc 2007 sp1 self signed certificate for ISA 2006
I found on my exchange this Event ID: 12018 Event ID: 12017 It's necessary to renew the selfsigned certificate and I did this, following how-to http://www.exchangeinbox.com/article.aspx?i=114 All is ok in exchange but isa stopped to work. It seems that the certificate that crypt traffic trought isa and exchange isn't good. The certificate to publish https://mydomain/owa is good it was generate with interna root CA. I don't know what my consultant did when he installed isa (and he don't remember ...) but may be that he exported on exchenge server the selfsigned cert...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Outlook language encoding
Hi, I recently exported emails from Outlook Express to Outlook. Both programs are Japanese Language based, yet when viewing the emails in Outlook, it doesn`t use the Japanese text encoding. Now if I open the individual mail, under view I have the encoding choice, but when viewing the display pane, I do not have that choice and the message is all garbled. In OE they show up as Japanese text no problem. We would still use OE, but for some reason, OE can`t send, but only receive, so we changed over to Outlook. Now we can send and receive, but have to open up individual window for ...

How do I search specific words/phrases/terms in Outlook 2003's e-mails?
Hello. How do I search specific words/phrases/terms in Outlook 2003's e-mails? For example, "apple juice". Another example, "base" and not baseball. I tried using quotation marks like on Google, but that didn't seem to work. I was unable to find anything about this in its help. Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com ----------------------------------------------------- Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e...

Mail von Ehefrau
27.02.08 Hallo, ich wollte nur �berpr�fen ob meine Mail ankommt Bis bald deine Gattin. ...