Follow Up Flags Message

I have a user, who upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, a few days ago.
Since the upgrade, the user has the message, "Upgrading multicolored For
Follow Up Flags to Color Categories..." at the bottom of their Outlook.  Does
anyone know why this message appears and how we can eliminate it?  I've seen
several posts on Google, but no one has posted a resolution.  Thanks..

It's a required change since Outlook 2007 stores the Category list in the
mailbox instead of in the registry.
Depending on the size of the mailbox and the amount of items that have
categories on them, this process could take a while.
Leave the computer on overnight; it should be finished in the morning.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Kathy Le Cloux" <Kathy Le Cloux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a user, who upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, a few days
> ago.
> Since the upgrade, the user has the message, "Upgrading multicolored For
> Follow Up Flags to Color Categories..." at the bottom of their Outlook.
> Does
> anyone know why this message appears and how we can eliminate it?  I've
> seen
> several posts on Google, but no one has posted a resolution.  Thanks..

0
Roady

Loops of NDR + OutOfOffice messages
Hi, Have Exchange 2003 SP1 server, generating NDR's or OutofOffice Replies to Spam/Virus Messages. Thinking of setting the Filter Recipients who are not in the Directory option, together with tarpitting setting. Will this configuration still generate NDR's, or will emails for unknown recipients just "dissapear"? And any other suggestions for bringing back amount of automatic replies to these Spam/Virus messages are very welcome... thnx zeph Is disablling OOOFs an option? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Zeph" <Zeph@discussi...

Custom message on department
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the POS to popup a message saying that customer details are required to be filled in when an item belonging to a particular department is rung up at the POS? Dan Store Ops Manager allows you to assign an item message to items in inventory. Go to database - items - properties - special You will see a field on the left side that allows you to assign an item message popup when the item is rung up at the POS First you need to create the item message - go to Database - Item Messages - New - enter "Customer Required" in Title and Me...

Changing machine gives XslTransform error (ArithmeticException in mscorlib.dll followed by XsltCompileException in system.xml.dll)
I just wrote some code on a dev machine, Imports System.Xml Imports System.Xml.XPath Imports System.Xml.Xsl Imports System.IO Imports System.Data.SqlClient Public Class ClassXMLtoHTML Dim myXslTransform As XslTransform Sub New(ByVal strXSL As String) Me.myXslTransform = New XslTransform myXslTransform.Load(strXSL)'throws error on live machine End Sub and when I put it live I got the following exceptions. A first chance exception of type 'System.ArithmeticException' occurred in mscorlib.dll Additional information: Overflow or underflow in the arithm...

Message number not found
Upon startup of FRx on a new system, we're getting a startup message of "Message number not found, please contact technical support. Message Number - 813." FRx then exits. This is an older version, v. 5, on a W2k system, but FRx has always worked before on these systems. Any ideas? ...

print message tracking list?
I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history, but i need to print a list of all the messages a user sent out in a week. I believe about all you can do is to execute a "print screen"... "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077BF10C-0628-4280-AB2E-F89A4E5B2EE7@microsoft.com... > I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this > possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history...

Custom Action for Follow Up
I guess I am not sure if I need a custom action for a rule or if I need a macro. What I need is for the follow up add a reminder dialog box to come open when I open an email and also open a new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated it. Thank you. Melanie ...

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook 2002 truncates long URL's in message body
Folks, I have an issue where I must be able to send long (90-120 characters) URL's to people in a message body. Most usually to a web page's given content owner for review, approval. We are sending these notes from Outlook 2002 (SP-2) to Lotus Notes R5/6 and other Outlook 2002 (SP-2) mailboxes. When received (or replied to from the recipient), I find that the url's almost always are truncated at around 75 - 80 characters. Anything beyond that point wraps to a new line. This has serious downstream effects in that the link, when clicked, produces a 404 (page not found) error (it...

follow up to colimanut post
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Forgot to mention sometimes when I am working on a document in word or excel and go to save the work a dialog box appears that says I could run a compatibility report. When I do the report always says no compatibility issues or something to that effect. Is there a way to edit a post once it is posted on the forum? On 3/14/09 1:41 PM, "colimanut@officeformac.com" <colimanut@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is there a way to edit a post once it is posted on the forum? Most of the MVPs don't use the foru...

UI Thread Message Pump
How can a UI Thread receive a message via PostThreadMessage when it does not have a Window? -- Regards, -Ron ...

Unable to retrieve MAPI message body
In Outlook 2003 IMAP account, when I click send/receive to send a message, I got the message : "unable to retrieve the MAPI message body". Server is Exchange 2003. Any idea on trouble shooting? ...

Outlook Error Messages
I'm using Outlook 2000 SR1. When I launch Outlook I get two successive error messages that I have to clear before I can use the program. Each error message says that a specific dll file is "not a valid Office add-in"...The two .dll files that are referenced are: outback.dll and SBCMSYNC.dll Would appreciate suggestions, with thanks. If Outlook continues to load and function without a hitch after you clear these messages, you may consider searching your HD for these .dll files and moving them to the recycle bin. They may have been placed there by a virus or spyware program. ...

Selected Message(s) could not be moved.
In trying to drag a message from my in-box to a personal file folder I keep getting"the server has reported an internal error" then "The selected messages could not be moved. An error has occurred" How can I fix it? ...

Message Mapping Question
Hi, I have Component One flexgrid control on one MFC app. I derived a class called MyGrid from the CVSFlexgrid ( wrapper class generated by vc++.net IDE ) to deal with some custom functions which are common to all the grids in the app. Now I want to intercept the right mouse button up event in the MYGrid class, do some processing and pass it on, so that if a event handler for this event is present in the dialog contanining the control some further processing is done else not. Something like ON_CONTROL_REFLECT. I implemented ON_CONTROL_REFLECT for windows common controls like combo boxe...

Follow-up items
Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the Calendar? Or... Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any folder? Thanks, -Martin Martin <0_0_0_0_@pacbell.net> wrote: > Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. > > Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the > Calendar? Can't answer that. Sorry. > Or... > > Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any > folder? The Search folder &quo...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

"User-defined type not defined" message in Excel
I get a "User-defined type not defined" message in an Excel workbook even though I have no VB code, let alone user defined data types. I have a Pivot Table. The message started to appear when I typed in a formula with first ERROR.TYPE then ISERROR function to check for cases when GETPIVOTDATA returned a #REF error. ...

Message disappears while composing
Hi click on New and the window opens fine. Once I enter an address, the auto-completion starts and displays the whole contact name/address. One second after, the window closes. For some reason the Contact folder is EMPTY (it wasn't till yesterday). I guess Outlook completes the recipient looking into a different place, then tries to match with the Contact folder (which is not there or is corrupted) and closes the message window. Please help! thanks my guess is NK2 file gets corrupted. NK2 file is where auto completion addresses are stored. It's safe to delete NK2 file (Note: you...

Creating a FLAG for RECEIVING items; QA required or not
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01CAD706.9CBF5180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello people, We had one of the hottest day of April (96^ F) yesterday = here in CT which broke some of the records. Is there a way for the receiving Clerk; at the time of receiving = Inventory,( Purchase orders) to know with a flag ( either through an = Extender screen pop up) where to direct the material such as; dock to = Stock or for QA. We have manufacturing Series installed as ...

User-defined message being lost. How to debug?
For some reason a message I am putting into the pump w/PostMessage() is not being handled, and I don't know how to debug such a thing. MFC Trace seems useless and Spy++ keeps freezing my system (WinXPHE/VC6) I don't know much about what the problem, although the routine is in an abstract class. It's like this, I have a class: class CAbstractDialog : CDialog The pure virtuality of CAbstractDialog is not important. The point is that CAbstractDialog is no instaniated. Then I have these two others: class CDialogThatWorks : CAbstractDialog class CDialogThatDoesnt : CAbstractDialog ...

New Message Want Open To Defaut Font or View
Outlook 2000- when I click on New Message, it opens up in Web Layout(View)and not my default font everytime,I have to manualy do it.Have also run Detect & Repair, no help. ...

expanding message area
When I paste a document from my word processor to send out in Windows Live Mail, only part of it is included. How can I expand the message area? "Kurt C." <Kurt C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2198F56B-3B1D-470C-99DD-D274C52B2603@microsoft.com... > When I paste a document from my word processor to send out in Windows Live > Mail, only part of it is included. How can I expand the message area? Sounds like you are trying to paste into the Subject line. There is no practical limit in the composition area. E.g. after you are finished...

Cannot delete e-mail
When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' I don't know the solution to this issue. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error >message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' > >I don't know the solution to this issue. > >. >Try pressing the shift key and delete key simultaneous, this should permanently delete the msg. Mark ...

Send page as email message feature & email attachments
Hi, Publisher 2003, using "send this page as message" in a web publication. I need to attach a zipped folder to the email, but when I go to Attach File and browse for it, it doesn't appear in My Documents. I can see it in My Documents from Explore and I can see it and attach it to an email created & sent from Outlook 2003. Any ideas why the folder is not appearing for me to select when sending from Publisher and how I can attach it to the email? Thank you!!! I can't replicate this. Can you attach files directly from Outlook? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...