Extracting emails from PST archive and re-creating new archives by name

We have a situation where we have a bunch of PST archive files and
want to extract all the emails from it and then parse the emails into
separate PST archive files by a user's name.

So say for example we have an archive called "archive-12-2009.pst" and
in it contains all the emails from everyone in the company for
December.  We want to then gather all the emails from a "John Doe" and
place it in a separate archive called (say "JohnDoe.pst") where we can
access it later.  In addition, we also want to be able to do this for
all other users and place them in separate PST files.

Is there a program that can do all this for us automatically and all
we have to do is feed it the bunch of PST archive files we have?
Preferrably for free of course.  =)

Greatly appreciate any help you can give us.
0
AK

2005-September-13-to-2005-Mar-01 new CAD programs,
2005-September-13-to-2005-Mar-01 new CAD programs, 2005/09/13 HotDoor.CADtools.v4.0.for.Adobe.Illustrator 2005/09/13 Fledermaus.Pro.v6.1.5 2005/09/13 Fluent FlowLab v1.2.10(Win/Linux) 2005/09/13 Datacad.v11.08 2005/09/13 Baas.Electronics.Layo1.PCB.Design.Pro.v10.0 2005/09/13 Camnetics CamTraxMFG v2005.0.374 2005/09/13 Camnetics GearTraxSE v2005.170.487 for SolidEdge 2005/09/13 Synapticad.AllProducts.v10.03a.LINUX 2005/09/13 Solidworks.2006 4CD 2005/09/03 Delcam FeatureCAM 2006 v12.1 2005/09/03 FlexPDE.Professional.3D.v5.0.6(Win/Linux) 2005/09/03 MSC.FEA.AFEA.v2005.R2 1CD 2005/09/03 MSC....

finding old emails
i can't seem to find all my old emails in my in box is ther a way to track them down? thanks peter If you go to View | Current View (or View | Arrange By | Current View if you're using Outlook 2003), is it set to Messages? If so, you should be seeing all of your messages, as there is no filter set by default on the Messages view. If you added a filter, you can remove it by resetting the view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ets%236Xa...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Backup & Retreive Outlook 98 .pst files???
How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files? Please, Please give me step by step instructions for both. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! glen@ccim.net Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked: | How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?...

Case Email Template
It seems that I am encountering a problem with data fields displaying the wrong information in my outgoing email when using an email template. It seems as if the customer information (customer/contact) is being displayed in place of the user/owner information. For example, a customer (Rep1) issues a ticket and the owner of the ticket, Kate, is assigned. In the outgoing email to the customer stating that an case has been assigned and to whom it is assigned is displaying the customer information instead of the owner. Saying to contact Kate and giving Kate's email when I state t...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Err.Description as error proc name trail, error handling
Hi All, I'm looking for guidance on how to retrofit into a large AddIn the 'best' or possible uses of the Err object in providing an information path to help track down run time errors in a 'production' environment. Some Background, 4 questions follow. I was new to VBA, self taught, when the coding started, (but with experience in other languages), and the vba error handling seemed too complex at the time, huge mistake on my part. The procs below are learning vehicles, which I'm just starting to play with, but they do show the essence o...

Adding email addresses to contacts contained within an email message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F079.723AEFC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of either a macro or utility that would update all = email recipients contained in the body of an email message to the = contacts? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F079.723AEFC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

problems creating a archive file to archive old emails
Hello everybody I have enable the option to archive old emails to clean up the inbox the "big deal" is that before it I change the file name from archive6.pst (default) to outlook_archive.pst and I run partially the process. And now when I run the archive option start creating me a archive6 file (when half of the archiving is already done in the other file) I notice that they are two places where to maintain the archive file name (?) :: File -> Archive -> Archive file Tools -> options -> other -> AutoArchive -> Defaulst folder settings for archiving ->...

Hide button New:<entityname>
Hi, Under Contacts I've created a new 1 to many relationship to a custom entity called Employments. This entity in it's turn is related to Accounts. From the Account records I don't want the users to have the ability to create new Employments records. They schould only do this from the Contacts side. Is there any way to hide the New: Employments button under Accounts? If yes, how? Thanx, Bertil what about making the " Create " blank in secruity role of entity ( i assume its employment ) ? In this way , users would not be able to create new employment records .....

Outlook 2003 Email Select Names Type name or select from list
New Message: When I try to use the Select Names - Type name or select from list in an Email New Message, the search is not as expected. For example, I enter the Name Smith, and the selection will be another name starting with S, but not Smith. This Address was from Outlook Express and worked fine there. Thank you. Please describe more completely what you are doing. Perhaps you are using autocompletion instead of autoresolution. You didn't provide enough details for us to tell. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nsnews.microsoft.com" <nfn02958@naples.net> wrote in message...

how to get remote host name
Hello! I have a problem with getting the hostname of the other part of the connection. I had used gethostbyaddr() to retreive the hostname of the other side. (When I am the server.) If the server and the client in the same subnetwork everything work just fine. But as the client come from an other subnetwork this function fails and get back a HOSTENT* structure with NULL value and with and error: this host exists but no associated name. My question is about how to obtain in this case the hostname of the client? There is a general way? Some function? Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Nagyja...

Email account question
I am new to Outlook having recently switched my email from AOL to Outlook 2003. I have set up a primary and 3 secondary email addresses, but all of the incoming emails are all going to the same inbox. Don't each of the email addresses have their own mailbox? It seems odd that everyones emails should all be coming to the same box. Is this the way Outlook works, or am I doing something wrong? Have looked all over the "help" section but can find no answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, RC. You can use rules or Search Folders to move messages to separate folders. --...

verifying microsoft email accound
how do I get into my microsoft email account to verify it ...

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

secure email setup (digital signatures)
Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on setting up secure email in Outlook 2000? I need to setup certificates so that email can be digitally signed by some of my users and so that these users can verify authenticity of the senders of some of their emails. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Will your site be acquiring certificates from an online authority like Verisign/Thawte or going with an internal certificate authority? The later introduces issues of its own since the public will not know about your internal certificate authority. In any event, ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Error binding display name
Hello, I have just followed KB article 317327 on my SBS 2003 machine so as to add an email disclaimer. I got the below error when trying to register the sink: - C:\PROGRA~1\Exchsrvr>cd scripts C:\PROGRA~1\Exchsrvr\scripts>cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 OnArrival SMTPDisclaimer SMTPEventSink.Disclaimer "mail from=*@mydomain.com" Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved. Binding Display Name Specified: SMTPDisclaimer ** Registration Failed ** Err.Number (HRESULT) = 0x1AD Err.Description = Act...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Deleted pst
I configured my outlook at home with several pst files for main from different accounts and along the way I must have deleted the original pst file. I did not realize this was done and in the mean time had cleared items from the recycle and I do a DOD type wipe of free space after a reorg the files. Now Outlook has this personal folder and I get an error the object not found. Know any tricks to get this personal folder removed from the outlook view? Is there a reg hack? Thank you Dan Daniel Gard wrote: > I configured my outlook at home with several pst files for main from > diffe...

Email Subject GUID to Email Header
I have the understanding that there is a patch which, rather than removing the GUID from the email completely, move the GUID from the subject line to the email header. After scouring the microsoft site and being unable to find this anywhere, I should be very grateful if someone would point me in the right direction and help to convince me that I've not made this up... or worse dreamt it... Thankyou in advance ...

AutoSave Email on Reply?
Anyone know how to auto save an email address to your address book when you reply to it? Outlook 2000 had it but I can't find it in 2002? Thanks! Eric This options only was in Outlook 2000 installed in IMO mode. For all other versions you'll need an Add-in from Sperry Software; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...