Every mail item flaged as "reminder"

Outlook 2001
Exchange 2005

On my outlook client to exchange today, every email I had was flagged as a
pop-up reminder (all 1128 of them). I did a dismiss all but ultimately had
to close & restart outlook.

Any idea as to what caused this "reminder"?

--

*****************
John Lenz

0
John

Multiple Calendars & Reminders
In Outlook 2003 I have made a second calendar that I want to share items with differant people, the problem is the reminders only work for my original calender. Except for creating a whole new PST file, can reminders be set for a second calendar? "LarryH" <larry@salukifans.com> wrote in message news:xaSdnQ-IcZyuVB3XnZ2dnUVZ_tadnZ2d@shawneelink.net... > In Outlook 2003 I have made a second calendar that I want to share items > with differant people, the problem is the reminders only work for my > original calender. Except for creating a whole new PST file, ca...

Outlook 2007 Cancel reminders of birthdays and anniversaries
Hi all, How can you disable the calendar reminders for contacts' birthdays and anniversaries? It keeps ringing (reminder) these events at 11:45pm the night before. I still want them to show in the calendar, just not remind me of them. I still want it to ring/remind me of other events I add to the calendar, just not on whole day events. It's very annoying since I'm syncing with my Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone (standard - no touchscreen) and my phone keeps rings on these reminders at 11:45pm the night before. It seems to be an Outlook bug since even if you set the default re...

Several reminders open every monday without reason
We have a strange problem here in our company. On 3 computer outlook opens several reminder ( >20, i dont know how many there are totally) every monday morning. But for each reminder only one date is set (e.g. birthday) and not every monday. So how can i solve this problem? Any ideas? Start Outlook once from the run line with the clean reminders switch - start | run | outlook.exe /cleanreminders <enter> Florian Bittner wrote: > We have a strange problem here in our company. On 3 > computer outlook opens several reminder ( >20, i dont know > how many there are totally) e...

Problem Reading Reminders
Each time I boot up I get the following message, "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for the appointment." I thought at first that if there was only a problem with one, I could wait and eventually it would be archived and no longer appear. But it has given me that message for Months now. Any suggestions as to what to do? Rob Monroe ...

Old Reminders
Hi there, I have a client that has been upgraded to Outlook 2007 SP2 and since then she is getting daily reminder pop ups from old meetings in her calendar (even if we dismiss them). I did research online and there is this /clearreminders switch that we can use - the problem with this is it clears all the reminders and she will have to re-input all of her future appointments in her calendar going forward. There is many appointments she will have to re-input. She will have to print out all of her calendars and manually re-input this. Oh and we are using the Caching Mode. ...

Reminder OKonly button when spreadsheet opens
My secretary is asking if there's a way to remind her to change th header in a spreadsheet weekly. I was thinking either a reminde (Okonly) when the workbook opens, or a button that brings up the forma so she can change it weekly? Found help on displaying paths in footers, but this is changing th date on the header for printing. Thanks for any help! krislyn;) US -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could insert a formula into a cell that displays on every Monday: =IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=2,"Update Header!","") The "2" represents Monday. 1=...

Reminders #21
I think maybe my last post was too complicated. Using Outlook 2007, I want to set up a task with a reminder that pops up every day at 1100. How do I accomplish this? -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle Steve <hgd@wsx.inv> wrote: >I think maybe my last post was too complicated. Using Outlook 2007, I >want to set up a task with a reminder that pops up every day at 1100. >How do I accomplish this? (oops, this got into the wrong thread, but what the heck...) -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle S...

how to set reminders and alerts for all team members as a whole
How it is possible that as an admin i will set reminder and alerts for all team members , timesheet managers , project managers, from one profile . and it will be standard for whole organization. and not every person can set on its PWA. Sam -- You can do this, but the process requires a minor hack to the Project Server database. Refer to the following FAQ: http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/SetDefaultEmailSubscriptions.aspx Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexpe...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field #2
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

Adding Home Page Reminders for Users
Hello: On GP 9 is there a way to add Reminders to the users Home Page without having to go to each machine or login as each user to do it? I know the Reminders are stored in SY01404. Does anyone have any SQL scripts or knowledge on being able to add a reminder from "behind the scenes"? Thanks. -Joe You could create Tasks. Tasks appear in Reminders and can be assigned to users without having to login as the user himself. ---Darryl Bajaro "Joe" wrote: > Hello: > > On GP 9 is there a way to add Reminders to the users Home Page without > having to go ...

Setting Reminders From Access Database
Hello, I am using MS-Office 97 I am using MS-Access 97. I have a 3 fields: 1. UserShipDate 2. ExpectedDeliveryDate 3. Follow-upDate Once I set 1, 2 & 3 will automatically be populated. The question is: Can 2 & 3 be automatically set as reminders in MS-Outlook, & if so, how... Charles L. Phillips ...

Weird reminder notice
For some reason, I keep getting a reminder notice out of Outlook, with the current date, but it has a web page in it that says the site is unavailable. There is no way to remove it unless I bring up task manager and end the task. It happens daily. Has anyone else seen this and if so, what do I do?? Pete can you delete the item that the reminder is attached to? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Exp...

Outlook 2007 Reminders
I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro. Once in a while when I start Outlook all of my prior Outlook Calendar items show up in the reminders as due. I then say dismiss all and eventually the over 1000 reminders are cleared. Then everything is fine (even after several reboots) until sometime later when the reminders again show up as due. I would appreciate any help. -- Neil Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanreminders switch. = Start->run->outlook.exe /cleanreminders. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Follow up reminder does not work (Outlook 2002)
Hi. When I flag an email message for follow-up I only get a reminder when the mail stays in the Inbox. Not when I flag a message in e.g. Sent Items. Is this the way it should work or is my installation/configuration corrupt? /Mattias Reminders only fire from your default Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, or Contacts folders. There are some third-party solutions to enable reminders in other folders, however. Check out www.slovaktech.com -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version!...

Reminders in Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I have noticed that any appointment I add into my calendar, even if the start time has passed, that a reminder pops up. I would like to turn the reminder default off for past appointments, but I am unable to locate any setting that does this. I did not have this problem in 2000 - Outlook simply did not add a reminder to that appointment. I also have had an issue with reminders popping up for appointment that I have changed to a new date or canceled completely. -- Samantha tools, options, default reminder checkbox -- Diane Poremsky [...

Calendar default reminder is off but is on for recipient
My calendar default reminders are set to off but when I invite others they are turned on on their end. This causes reminders to go off at all hours of the day or night unless they manually remove them each time. On the other hand, I do not want disable my personal reminders. How can I send calendar items with no reminder? "Camille" <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ED77FCE-7789-45D4-A5BC-254C49973830@microsoft.com... > My calendar default reminders are set to off but when I invite others they > are turned on on their end. T...

Dismissed Reminders reappear
Everyday I get reminders for recurring appointments that were dismissed (various appointments, some weekly, some daily). I've ran the Outlook.exe /cleanreminders and /cleansniff but the issue still is happening. I have several users who are experincing this issue. I'm starting to wonder if this might have something to do with ActiveSync/Windows Mobile although I do NOT get the duplicated reminders on the phone. OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 Apps: Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP3 and Outlook 2007 OTHER: Active Sync with Windows Mobile 5.X/6.X ...

2nd Reminder Notice does not match Customer's Statement of account
The Outstanding transactions of 2nd Reminder Notice printed from Letter Writing Assistant does not match those stated in Customer's Statement of account, especially Credit Notes and some payments. It is meaningless for our client to send this Reminder if it does not match the Customer's Statement of account. ...

accidentally deleted Outlook 2007 reminder
Not noticing that my cursor was inside the reminders box, and wanting to delete an e-mail in my inbox, I hit delete and accidentally deleted a reminder and, unfortunately, have no idea which one, which scares me a bit (e.g., "give mom her pill or she will go into a coma" - OK, I exagerate). Is there any way to undo a last action inside the reminder popup in Outlook 2007? I see forum posts about "recover deleted items" option under Tools (in Oulook 2003) but I do not see that in my system of Outlook 2007. My deketed items folder seems to have some dismissed reminders but ...

Home page - Reminders - Past Due Customer Balances
My customer noticed the "Past Due Customer Transactions" amount is incorrect. It is adding the Credit Memos and Payments as debits instead of credits. Do I need to change a setting? SmartList shows the document amount. For debits and credits the amount is positive. There is nothing you can change. The only thing you could consider is getting SmartList Builder or not displaying outstanding credits. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Glen" wrote: > My customer noticed the "Past Due Customer Transactions" amount is incorrect. > > It is adding the Credit Memo...

Reminders don't pop up
We have a user on Outlook 98 who sets up reminders, correct date and time, with a reminder set to 1 hour or some other length of time, plus he checks the reminder check box, but the reminder never pops up. I thought he was doing something wrong so did one myself on his PC, but it never showed. I use this feature all the time on my PC. What can I check to see what is wrong here? Is there a setting somewhere which may have been set wrong? This is the second user on this Win98SE machine. Thanks, Mich Try starting Outlook 1 time with the /cleanreminders command line switch. (Note: Reminde...

Mail Reminder
Hi, Is it posible to set a reminder for myself of a mail that i send to someone else ? Regards, Daniel Quintero Check out mapilab.com's "email follow up" add-in -----Original Message----- From: Daniel QUintero [mailto:dquintero@redsis.com] Posted At: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:10 PM Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Mail Reminder Subject: Mail Reminder Hi, Is it posible to set a reminder for myself of a mail that i send to someone else ? Regards, Daniel Quintero Daniel QUintero <dquintero@redsis.com> wrote: > Is it posible to set a rem...

how can I close follow up reminder window?
My computer froze while I had a follow-up reminder window open in Outlook. When I restarted the computer, the contact linked to the reminder had been erased but the reminder window keeps coming back every time I open Outlook and I can't seem to delete it. What must I do? Close outlook and restart it using the /cleanreminders switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help using switches. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Outlook 2003
Every time I get back to the office after being away for a while, my screen gets barraged with appointment reminders when I launch Outlook. It�s an annoyance; I�m never interested in what�s occurred in the past, just what�s upcoming. Is there any way to suppress these? Thanks, A_C turn off reminders - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www....