error 0x8de00006 "The Operation Failed" when trying to send mail

When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error
0x8DE00006 "The Operation Failed".  I don't have problems with other e-mails
or forwarding items

Outlook 07 , 98 , 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, ?????????????

--
Peter

"tedo" <tedo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error
> 0x8DE00006 "The Operation Failed".  I don't have problems with other e-mails
> or forwarding items

0
Peter

"The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again"
"The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again" I'm getting this error message on a number of my computers. It will display part of the screen in the top left corner with this message. When i click ok it continues to open the email without any problems. I had found a solution that requires me to removed some Registry Entrys and then do a Detect and Repair on Microsoft Outlook which hasen't solved the problem. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Windows XP Professional Microsoft Office 2000 w/ SP3 Internet Mail a...

"The operation failed due to network or other communication problems.
"The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again" I'm getting this error message on a number of my computers. It will display part of the screen in the top left corner with this message. When i click ok it continues to open the email without any problems. I had found a solution that requires me to removed some Registry Entrys and then do a Detect and Repair on Microsoft Outlook which hasen't solved the problem. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Windows XP Professional Microsoft Office 2000 w/ SP3 Internet Mail a...

the operation failed. an object could not be found.
when I try to close an old archive folder in my folder list, I get the above error. I probably deleted the corresponding personal folder. how can I remove it from my folders list? Use the Mail Applet in control Panel to remove the data file, or Data File Management, depending on the unknown version of outlook "reha" <reha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C4FFDE9-D6AA-49B9-A64E-EF1770960962@microsoft.com... > when I try to close an old archive folder in my folder list, I get the > above > error. > I probably deleted the correspondi...

"The operation failed" message when restarting Outlook 2003
My father has Windows XP with Outlook 2003. I'm not sure how long it's been happening, but when he re-opens Outlook the immediate response is a 'The operation failed' message. However, so far, it HAS re-started on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I have tried: detect & repair; creating a new profile; repairing his pst file ... to no avail. Can anyone think of any other solutions before thiis drive us mad? .... update: since posting, I have also tried: reinstalling Outlook (though NOT uninstalling/reinstalling ... as yet); renaming extend.dat and outcmd.dat to *.o...

On Send/Receive: Dialog box "The operation failed. Object not fo
Outlook 2007. When I click on send/receive, I get a dialog box that reads "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Initial set-up was successful because Outlook bounced a confirmation message to my ISP and it came back properly. I can use e-mail through Explorer and my ISP, but not through Outlook. This is a problem with a new Gateway GM5420 computer, new Microsoft Vista, and a new installation of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312354/en-us You receive the "The operation failed. An object could no...

" the operation failed due to network or other communication problems"
I am trying to use the SEND TO feature in Excel 2000. When I click on SEND TO as attachment I receive the error " the operation failed due to network or other communication problems" Anyone know the cause of this ? Thanks Ed Edward <Ed@myoffice.com> wrote: > I am trying to use the SEND TO feature in Excel 2000. > When I click on SEND TO as attachment I receive the error > > > " the operation failed due to network or other communication problems" > Anyone know the cause of this ? > > > Thanks > > > Ed You would need to be...

*.srs file causes "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message when you click Send and Receive in Outlook <1169176071.683743.154260@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I found that when ever a new profile is created in outlook a new *.srs (send receive settings)file exists. The *.srs file contains hard coded paths to the local cached pst files in documents and settings \blah\blah. Answer: Close outlook, simply delete all the *srs files from %userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Outlook. EG C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.srs When outlook is re-opened it will create a new *.srs file (* = the name of your profile in outlook) Answer 2 When using IMAP with outlook we found that on some PC's they hang when ...

Cannot Reply to Messages
I've got a unique error i've never seen before. When a client goes to reply to a message (be it right-click>reply, clicking reply, etc), they get an error message "The Operation Failed" and it closes out. This is in Outlook 2003, it has worked fine for a loooong time, and this problem just popped up. I've searched around online with minimal results. The closest thing i've found thus far is this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;312354&spid=2520&sid=global , however, that's not exactly the problem. Anyways, besides re-loa...

Rules: The Operation Failed
Hi guys, some time ago I had a problem and Outlook shut down and I had to run the pst repair. That caused my inbox to be renamed lost and found/8802. I have since deleted that file and created a new folder called Inbox that my mail goes to. Unfortunately when I deleted the lost/found folder, my rules went with it. When I now select Tools/Rules and Alerts, I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". So what to do? If I restore the backup I'm just back to having everything sit in that annoying lost and found folder. Is there any way to have Outlo...

"the operation failed"
I installed the trial cd for MS Office Professional w/ Business Contact Mgr for Outlook. I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled my MS Office XP with Outlook 2002. Now, when I push "send/receive" I get the error "The Operation Failed." I've tried deleted all my mail profiles and rebooted, no improvment. Now, what can I do? Thanks for your help! Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed"
After months of operation with Outlook 2002, today i have continual problems with F9 Send/Receive - I get an errormsg "The operation failed". Also, when I do get donloaded messages, occasionally I get messages (different message pane, with a large listbox) telling me that my Message rule(s) have failed ("Rules in Error" - "Cannot remove messages from the folder"). Actually, they haven't - the messages are moved as they should be. I run several email accounts throught the one profile. No problems, all this year, until now. I can't even activate Ctrl Alt S ...

Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive
I have Outlook 2002, when I click SEND/RECEIVE, I get the error message "The Operation Failed". No error numbers are listed, that is the exact and complete message. I have looked on the Microsoft website and nothing there was helpful. I tried deleting the email account and adding it, I also uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. I can 'Test' my account settings and it passes, but I never receive the test email. I can compose an email and click 'Send' and that works fine. It is not an ISP problem as Outlook Express works fine. So I can send email, but ca...

The Operation Failed
When I open my Outlook 2000, the normal Outlook Today page opens, and then an error box opens saying "The operation failed." When I OK that, the error box and Outlook itself immediately close. I have recently had a hard drive failure and re-installed operating system and all applications. Outlook ran OK, but recently started having problems. Other office applications are not affected. I have re-installed Outlook, but no change. How do I fix this? Have you scanned the Outlook data file (the PST) for errors? Also since this is an older version of Outlook, have you veri...

Error: The operation failed #2
When I press the send/receive button, an error msg " The operation failed" pop up but I cannot sort out what's the problem. Anyone can help? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Sa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:353401c4c0d1$09f3d890$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I press the send/receive button, an error msg " The > operation failed" pop up but I canno...

"The operation failed. An object could not be found." Why/What?
I just installed Outlook 2003. I previously used "Outlook Express". Any how I cann't send/recieve. I keep getting the message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." 1) What do they mean by "Object"? I'm trying to figure out what Outlook is trying to tell me. I gone over the "E-Mail accounts". But I'm still lost. ...

Error: The operation failed
When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I receive the following message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Outlook Express is working and I'm using the exact same settings in Outlook (I double-checked them twice!). Outlook is listed as my default e-mail account. Sounds like a damaged profile, create a new one from the control panel by double clicking the mail icon "Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10f6c01c3f442$cae54db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I receive the > ...

Outlook 2003
Good evening, I have recently begun using a hosted Exchange server. I created the IMAP profile in Outlook and for some reason the Exchange account was listed three times in Outlook, with the same folders and all the same emails being pulled. This was a nuisance but nothing more than that. Today I created a rule to copy mail sent on the IMAP account to the IMAP Sent folder. When I created the rule, I noticed for the first time that it asked me which account to create the rule on, either the IMAP account of the POP3 account. I created the rule on the IMAP account and it worked like it was...

"Unable to expand the folder. the operation failed. an object could not be found
Hi, when adding a mailbox to my outlook, i get the folllowing error when i try to open the mailbox, "Unable to expand the folder. the operation failed. an object could not be found" Any ideas? Regards Damien If you made a recent permission change on the mailbox, it could take up to 120 minutes to take effect, (If using Exchange 5.5) Try to open that users inbox folder: file>open>open other user's folder and see if you can open it. If you can, you'll have to modify the top level permission at that mailbox. Regards Daniel Lozano "Damien Brennan" &...

Unable to Display the folder. The operation failed.
I am migrating from 5.5 to 2003 , when I try to look at someone's e-mail from Outlook 2000 or 2003 as the domain administrator I get the error "Unable to Display the Folder. The Operation failed". I notice on the mailbox that Full Mailbox Access is set to Deny but it is grayed out so therefore I unable to take it off. Thanks in Advance Kevin. Try the following article making your account a memeber of the security group 292509 HOWTO: How to configure an account to use ExMerge on Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292509 -- Alan Williams Microsoft Exchange Suppo...

The operation Failed. An object could not be found
OS XP, OL 2000 IMO I get this message when I try to close Archive folders. I can't close archive pst. Regards Plug ...

"The operation failed" when I run Outlook 2003
When I click on my Outlook 2003 desktop icon I get a dialog box saying "The operation failed'." and all I can do is click on the OK button. Is there such a thing as 'safe mode' in Outlook 2003 so that I can get into my file? Thanks. Austin Powers <austinpowers@pobox.com> wrote: > When I click on my Outlook 2003 desktop icon I get a dialog box > saying "The operation failed'." and all I can do is click on the OK > button. > Is there such a thing as 'safe mode' in Outlook 2003 so that I can > get into my file? I'd s...

Task reported error (0x8DE00006) 'The operation failed'
I am getting this error message after I tried to send a "reply to all" message to a large group in Outlook. I want to now cancel this message but the Outlook Send/Receive Progress pop up won't allow me to cancel or make any changes to it. The message does not show up in drafts or in the Outbox. Suggestions, please? Version of Outlook and type of mail account? "KKGA" <KKGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FDACA7-7786-4502-A0B2-BB2F80F8F895@microsoft.com... > I am getting this error message after I tried to send a "reply...

I can't close folder (pst file). message "The operation failed. A.
When using microsoft outlook 2003. After open my pst file and want to close after that. I can't close folder (pst file). message box "The operation failed. An object coulnot be found." Our IT engineer cannot solve this problem and told me this is one of "microsoft bugs". How can i fix this problem. thanks and regards Aryo <Aryo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using microsoft outlook 2003. > After open my pst file and want to close after that. > I can't close folder (pst file). message box "The operation failed. An > object couln...

Cannot send any e-mail messages "The operation failed. An object could not be found"
Hello, I have been having massive problems with Outlook 2007, as of late. After having solved my initial problems with this programme (constant crashing when adding .pdf files, for example), I am now facing a new ordeal; whenever I try sending a message I constantly get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have tried several options to resolve this issue. Among those: 1. Adding a new profile. 2. Deleting my old profiles. 3. Running the scanpst.exe 4. Running Office Diagnostics. 5. Re-installing Outlook. De-installation is not an opti...

"The operation failed" message and Outlook 2003
My father has Windows XP with Outlook 2003. I'm not sure how long it's been happening, but when he re-opens Outlook the immediate response is a 'The operation failed' message. However, so far, it HAS re-started on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I have tried: detect & repair; creating a new profile; repairing his pst file ... to no avail. Can anyone think of any other solutions before thiis drive us mad? Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) If so, it is probably caused by an add-in. For further t...