Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3

One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task
bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3.

The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification
area, display a new mail mail desktop alert.

It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the
envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet
mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ?

thanks,
Bob

How to restore Exchange backup to a new domain
Hi. I had to reinstall SBS 2003 because Directory Services would not start (ntds.dit corrupted) and no backup was available. Now I need to recover some mail from the old Exchange info store. I have a good Windows backup of the Exchange Server and the original exchsrvr folders are still intact. Can I install SBS 2003 on a temporary server and restore Exchange from the backup or somehow connect the prior exchsrvr data files to the new Exchange Server? I briefly attempted to restore Exchange from the backup while in the throes of the re-install but could not due to some sort of securi...

Does anyone print envelopes on a separate printer and how ?
How do I print a flyer on say, a coor laser printer and a corresponding envelope using a different b/w printer with mail merge ? If your flyer and envelope are two separate publications, you can setup the same data file to merge both publications. You needn't use the same printer for both. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pyroplotter" <pyroplotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:769235C2-000C-4429-9159-2C6EA3F2E482@microsoft.com... > How do I print a flyer on say, a coor las...

Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2
Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA access to my clients exchange server. I've done it with Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe it cannot be done? Correct. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked: | Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA | access to my clients exchange server. I&#...

AD account
Created new AD account then created Exchange mailbox for account. After 24 hours, the AD account still has no email address associtaed with it. Tried reapplying the Recipient UPdate Policy - still no luck. Can't send mail to this account, also does not show up in the GAL. Any thoughts? You should check the Recipient Update Service. -- Greetings, Hans Sleurink MCSA, MCSE 2000 "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddb901c423c2$f3e58770$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Created new AD account then created Exchange mailbox for > account. After 2...

New and lost!
I am trying to use Publisher 2000 to setup my newsletter. I already created the 4 pages that will make up the newsletter. I have created them in .PDF because of special formatting involved. When I try to cut and paste the pages to a blank 17x11 template, some of the text shows up but none of the graphics or formatting. When I try to cut and paste the same file as a word document, the formatting is not kept. What do I do? If you use a Publisher template and go to the print setup and and select 11 x 17. Publisher will automatically adjust the newsletter. You can setup a custom page size i...

Restoring Backup File to New Program
I have been using Money'98 for several years. My new machine came pre-installed with Money 2004. I am tying to "restore" my '98 backup into my 2004 program but am not sure how to proceed. (I've already crashed my new system by tyring to install the '98 program over the '04 program!) After reading the backup file, the system prompts me to "Please choose the Location where you want to restore the file". I open Microsoft Money in my Program Files and the following list presents: Calcs, Media, Money to Pocket PC, System, Works. I should I simply choos...

Envelopes
Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other options. Am I missing something? Thanks! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jeanne <Buzireland@aol>... > Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size > options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I > need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other > options. I believe Publisher takes its envelope sizes from the printer driver - updating that m...

Outlook Hangs when opening Excel attachment after VBA command opens new excel
Has anyone encountered this problem. We have a VBA command: Set xlApp = New Excel.Application. T This command is in an application that will stay up and running. The command above creates a new Excell application, no problem there. The program will then go about the task of creating a nice report. Once the report is created however Excel is still running as a process as seen in the Task Manager. Now if a user goes to Outlook to read email and attempts to open an attachment that is itself an Excel spreadsheet Outlook will hang and not open the attachment. The only way to have Outlook ...

Outlook restarting 09-28-06
While using Outlook Client for CRM I get an error message saying; Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. A simmilar problem occurs when I use the web browser. Any suggestions? Same has occured to my users; If you have Internet Explorer 6, it's normal. You may have downloaded an update that makes it crash... what do you want, it's Microsoft!!! Visit the following link for details: http://software.silicon.com/applications/0,39024882,39161445,00.htm Here's the solution I provided my users: Download Internet Explorer 7 at the fo...

Excel 2003: File->Close without saving changes (save menu does no.
In Excel 2003, I would like the save menu to pop up "do you want to save changes that you made to 'Filename.xls'?" when I click on File, then Close. Sometimes I am doing a calc in the file itself, which is not meant to be saved. In prior versions of Excel, using File->Close does not automatically save changes. Does anyone know how to make the menu pop up, or turn off the autosave function? Thanks! Hello- Excel 2003 does not have an AutoSave feature (there is AutoRecovery, but that is a totally unrelated feature). AFAIK there is no difference in '03 & ...

keep opening multiply web links from an email
I want to keep opening multiply web links from an email - without going to the web browser until I have finished with the email, ie, I have one email with many web links in it and I have to open all of them but every time I click on one link in the email it AUTOMATICALLY goes to the web page and I have to go back to the email for the next web link that I want to open up. It is very time consuming, i just want to keep clicking on all the links in the email and AFTER I have clicked on all of them then I can go to the browser to view them. Unfortunately that isn't how brow...

Specify envelope sizes
I need to know how to specify an exact envelope size. In Publisher 2000 one would select, File Page setup Envelopes Select from the list or input the size of choice. -- Don Vancouver, USA "k9nika" <k9nika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462C7ED1-DE8B-433E-B549-78F30C4E3033@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to specify an exact envelope size. Winthin Pub 2007: Getting Started task pane - Envelopes - On the right side, choose your envelope size Within Pub 2010: File tab - New - Envelopes - scroll down to blank sizes ...

Send on Behalf issue on Exchange 2003
Hello, This is Farooque here from Capgemini India. Now days I am facing issue with Exchange 2003. I have 2 different Exchange organization name E20 and E10. When we create users in E20 Org it gets replicated through some system and becomes contact object in E10 and vice versa. Now when user from E20 send message as “Send on Behalf” to user in E10, the message comes back as NDR saying “You don’t have permission to send to this recipient. For an Example, There are 2 users in E20 (Test A) and (Test B) so it becomes contact object in E10. Test A has rights to “Send on Behalf” of Test B an...

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

Logging Into Outlook 2000
When I try to log into my outlook 2000 I am getting the following error message: "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" How do I correct this? Are you using Exchange? If yes, what is your authentication set for? What happens if you set it to none? Do you get the prompt and the login window? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Karen ...

Copy worksheet to new workbook : Values & Formats
Hi, Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new workbook without copying formulas ? Sheets(X).Copy is building links to previous workbook. Thks for help After coping go to Edit->Links, and break links, and excel will replace links with values. If you do it from VBA, which seems so, try with PasteSpecial metod. "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130320762.209498.135290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new > workbook without copying f...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Outlook 2003 MSKSrver.exe! RUNS ALL TIME HOGS MEMORY!
Outlook 2003 Too Slow! I used the MicroSoft task manager to find-out what all the action in the background is! MSKSrver.exe RUNS ALL the time at 85 to 95 CPU and the CPU total usage is near 100% ALL the time with nothing major running but MSKSrver.exe! Whenever I try to do anything else, the new application takes forever to get going as it must compete with MSKSrver.exe! Why is that database server working all the time? What is it doing? I do not use "Favorite Folders" or "Business Contact Manager" yet, though those are areas show in MAIL, empty. I don'...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

eConnect 7.0.4 install new company
Hi, We have Great Plains 7.0 running with eConnect v7.0.4.1. We just created a new company database and I need to install the eConnect sprocs into it - can't find how! I've tried thru Add/Remove Programs but the option to install into a new company database does not appear Marta: Pulling this out of an old and undependable memory, but I think under 7.0 you had to uninstall and reinstall eConnect when you created a new company. Nicely fixed in, I think, 7.5. Again, could be wrong here and would be happily corrected by anyone that know differently. If you do the uninstall, yo...

The New Look
David Bartosik has to be congratulated on the new look he has created for the Publisher MVP web site. Wow, David... http://www.publishermvps.com/ Thanks... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com Hi Mary Sauer (gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || David Bartosik has to be congratulated on the new look he has || created for the Publisher MVP web site. Wow, David... || http://www.publishermvps.com/ || Thanks... For what it's worth, the updated site is not entirely ready as there are some sections st...

Office Outlook 2007
How can I restore "prepare to send/receive" How can I get this to work? wrote: > How can I restore "prepare to send/receive" Please read these two articles and if you still have any more questions, you can come back here: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375> hth -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A...

Outlook locks up #13
I have appointments in Outlook 2002 going back several years. I can access old apppointments in the "Active Appointments" view, but when I try to go back more than two years in the "Day/Week/Month" view, Outlook locks up, consuming 95%+ of the CPU. I have tried a repair/detect. It had no effect. Any ideas? -- Dave Have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file to see if its corrupt? "Dapper Dave" <expurgated@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i66el2tt9mmnn4kqomjsk7hnig7g0mbqpm@4ax.com... >I have appointments in Outlook 2002 going back several ye...

Importing Leads causes workflow email errors
CRM Version 1.2 We have a Lead workflow that emails a particular CRM user whenever a lead is generated in their area. (Determined by zip code) Whenever we import leads, approx. 50 leads, the workflow executes however not all of the emails are sent. If I look in the workflow manager and examine the log details I see the following: Invalid Code for CRM Error. Transaction (Process ID #) was deadlocked on locked resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. SQL state 400001, Native error 1205. I have heard that there are issues with simult...

Outlook 2003 Sorting Issues
I have a very important user that is having issues sorting in Outlook. Here are the notes that I have: 1. If you sort by "from", it will sort from A - Z, but in the middle of "C", you will see a name that starts with "J". If you expand that user that starts with "J", then you see a ton of emails that aren't even from that user. And when you open up an email that is from that user, thier name isn't specified in the from, to, or bcc fields. 2. He has an mailbox that is almost 7GB in size. His inbox has 75,297 emails, almost 18,000 of those a...