Embeding a photo in outlook 2007 without attaching it

I just uplgraded to windows 7 and office 2007. I send emails through a
distribution list that charges me on the file size of my emails. So what I do
is upload images to a server then have my outlook stream the photos in the
email rather than attach them. Well I can not seem to find out how to do this
in outlook 2007, so i then downloaded the windows live mail but that doesn't
seem to work when I tell it to not attach the images. I have been working on
this way too long! Can someone help?

See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"JCoy" <JCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just uplgraded to windows 7 and office 2007. I send emails through a
> distribution list that charges me on the file size of my emails. So what I
> do
> is upload images to a server then have my outlook stream the photos in the
> email rather than attach them. Well I can not seem to find out how to do
> this
> in outlook 2007, so i then downloaded the windows live mail but that
> doesn't
> seem to work when I tell it to not attach the images. I have been working
> on
> this way too long! Can someone help?

0
Roady

Outlook Sync / Cached
Hello - we recently deployed MRM (Email Retention) ... basic settings are 60 days Inbox, 2 years "Managed Folders" ... items are moved to Deleted Items and then 30 days later, they are purged from Deleted Items (allow recovery). There's more, but doesn't matter for this discussion/question. When this was deployed, we found many users had tons of data (GB's) moved from Managed Folders to the Deleted Items folder (as expected, very old msgs). All of our clients run in Cached Mode, so when the users came in the first day after MRM implementation, it took hou...

Outlook Rule Limitations
I'm trying to create a rule in Outlook that is analogous to specifying a "Permit List". Specifically, I want all incoming e-mails delivered to a folder named "External Contacts" unless I have added the senders e-mail address to a "Permit List" in which case the e-mail is delivered to my Inbox. I'm using Outlook 2002 and Exchange Server 5.5. The current rule I have used is as follows: Apply this rule after the message arrives move it to the External Contacts folder except if from <list of e-mail addresses> or except if sender is in Global...

Add Trusted Code DLL Outlook Security Settings
I'm trying to add a trusted code DLL to my outlook security form, but if I click on the add button nothing happens. So I'm not able to browse and add any files as trusted code. We're using Exchange / Outlook 2003 and I've registered the trusted code files on my admin PC as it's described. Other configuration changes to the programmatic or outlook security settings tab are working just fine. Can anyone help??? ...

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

Outlook 2003 with openldap (slpad-meta)
Hi, I try to install a meta directory : openldap with meta (slapd-meta). I can't use it with Oulook 2003. I properly modified the register ("DisableVLVBrowsing"=dword:00000001). Has anybody already met this problem and did find a solution? Thank you. Dominique ...

Wiping Outlook clean
I've decided that I don't want to use Outlook just yet but I've already imported email accounts and mail. My question is: How can I wipe my Outlook clean without uninstalling it OR is that the best option to make a fresh start. Thanks for your attention and any help or advice you can give me. David You can uninstall OL, or if you propose to use later, just dont open it. You can continue using yr prev. mail app, just ensure this is set as yr default email app in Internet Options. "David" <thebluecarrot@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJkFpfutEHA.2528@TK2M...

Illegal message-id from Outlook 2003
Hi all, I am running an Exchange 2003 server. I observe that some Outlook clients is generating an illegal Message-id as shown below. Message-ID: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC4AAAAAAAAAValvmQujYEujFddimsKRlQEAXtD2 CO/EKEevyyT1MkCwmAAAAAA3vwAAEAAAACBDuE61h1BJlwTX7rJla7EBAAAAAA==@mail.108912 ..com> I can see in the logs that there are several users generating similar ID. As far as I know the length shold not be more than 100 bytes. >The example is much longer, and is quite different from a "normal" Message-ID. It seems that this causes messages to be detected as...

Recovering my Outlook Data
Hi, I experienced a crash and had to reinstall Vista and all my applications. Fortunately I keep all my data on a separate physical drive. How can I restore my Outlook data stored in “D:\Outlook\Outlook.pst” and “D:\Oulook\Archive.pst” ? Can you also indicate how to configure Outlook to permanently point and save all data in the same location? I did this only ounce and I don’t remember how to achieve it again. Thanks, Answers are posted here daily. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www...

To configure outlook
I'm need way to gonfigure My outlook 2003 for receive netscape e-mail? Hello Luiz, did you try to go to Tools - Email Accounts and than follow the wizard? that is the most easiest way to do so if you can. anette "Luiz Penna" wrote: > I'm need way to gonfigure My outlook 2003 for receive netscape e-mail? ...

outlook live #4
Yes? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "support newsgroups" <v_2svum@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e24hV60IFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > ...

Notes disappeared from Outlook 2007
All but 2 of my notes (on the note tab - not in my contacts) have disappeared. I use XP, Outlook 2007. I do not sync with anything. I'm not sure how long they've been gone - I don't use them every day, but they are crucial. The only thing I've remembered doing lately is a backup of my .pst file (which was incomplete because of insufficient space) a couple of weeks ago. The notes are not in my deleted file folder, but I empty it every week or so. Where have they gone? Do you have AutoArchive enabled? Then they might be in your archive file. To determine the loca...

How do I send and recieve through my other email to outlook?
I cant figure out how to set up my email to go through outlook from my outside account. I'm guessing that you're trying to use Outlook to connect to an external mail server. Does the firewall in your office allow those type of connections? "Toni-Ann" <Toni-Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D5A2B19-9348-4C02-8E49-B0C4398942C1@microsoft.com... >I cant figure out how to set up my email to go through outlook from my > outside account. Yes "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > I'm guessing that you're trying to use ...

Office 2007 progressively slows to a crawl
I recently upgraded my Vaio AR31 to Windows 7 Professional and I now find that Office 2007 Small Business progressively slows to a crawl over a matter of 2-3 weeks. I've twice tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Office (deleting all Registry entries, etc), and whilst this temporarily fixes the issue, it comes back after a couple of weeks. As this is reducing productivity to a standstill, any ideas how to fix the problem? John ...

Outlook 2003 messages disappearing
My CEO is having a bizarre problem. He sees new messages enter his Inbox, then after about 5-10 seconds, they disappear. He doesn't have them moved to a Personal Folder, nor does he even have a Personal Folder in his profile. He keeps all his mail on our Exchange 2003 server. What's going on with this? Mark Haney <mhaney@interactsys.com> wrote: > My CEO is having a bizarre problem. He sees new messages > enter his Inbox, then after about 5-10 seconds, they > disappear. He doesn't have them moved to a Personal > Folder, nor does he even have a Personal Fold...

what advantages does outlook have over outlook express
I am wondering whether there is any advantage in changing from Outlook Express to Outlook. I have OE6. If you only wish to use email, then stick with OE, but see if link helps http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm "starsista" <starsista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6998AB6E-77FD-4975-85A0-63502870B072@microsoft.com... > I am wondering whether there is any advantage in changing from Outlook > Express to Outlook. I have OE6. ...

Integrating Outlook 2003 w/ Outlook 2000
Okay, what do most people use as internal mail system (with Outlook as client) in a mixed environment with XP, NT, etc. and Office 2000 and Office 2003 both in play on their LAN? Is it Exchange Server? Are there 3rd party alternatives? the question is depends on what features do the clients expect i have seen/managed the following... * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against mDaemon (pop/imap/smtp) * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 5.5 * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 2000 * outlook 98 thru 2003 running against Exchange 2003 personal fav right now is outlook 200...

Preventing outlook from receiving mail
Is there a way to configure outlook to only send mails, and not receive them: Is this as simple as not providing a POP3 return mail domain. ? What version of Outlook? In Outlook 2002 or 2003 you can set up a send/receive group that will only send automatically... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:zNyYb.3418$rb.59003@news.indigo.ie, Fish wrote: > Is there a way to configure outlook to only send mails, and not > receive them: > > Is...

Synchronize Outlook with CRM
Hello, This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering what Synchronize Outlook with CRM does? It obviously doesn't really synch up the database like it does when it goes offline. Can anyone shed some light for me? Thanks, Chris It starts a synchronization between Outlook contacts, appointments and tasks with CRM contacts, appointment activities and task activities "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E006CCC0-18F8-48CA-B67B-55F88F05280F@microsoft.com... > Hello > > This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering...

Visual Basic in Excel 2007
I have used a visual basic routine to save the date and time when I save an Excel file. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(By Val SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets("Worksheet name").Range("Celled").Value = Now() End Sub I recently saved the file as an *.xlsm file with a password required to open the file. (A password is not required to modify the file) As long as the file is password protected, the routine does not work. As soon as I remove the password to open the file, the routine works as it normally does. In the trust center: I have enable...

Outlook 2003 #46
In the navigation pane on the bottom you can put icons of Contacts, Calendar, etc., but these are private folders. Is there any way to put the icons to open Public folders? ...

How to programmatically(c#) add new Send/Receive group in Outlook
Hi All I want to programmatically Add new Send/Receive group in Outlook and modify the setting for existing groups. Thanks in advance Better ask the developers down the hall in a relevant outlook.program_* newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

outlook sharing on home network
What is the best way, if possible, to share an Outlook Calendar on a home network? If possible, can I also set up delegates for email? Or will this only work on a LAN? Thanks! -- marx404 <Outsource Bush!> Delegates for email require Exchange server, which is really not suited for a home network, unless you are a true geek like me :) Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

Date Range in 2007
Hi All I am currently upgrading a DB from Access 2000 to 2007. I have been using a Form "Report Date Range" which has the following : Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.OpenForm "Report Date Range", , , , , acDialog, "Payments Due" If Not IsLoaded("Report Date Range") Then Cancel = True End If End Sub Private Sub Report_Close() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Report Date Range" End Sub Private Sub Report_NoData(Cancel As Integer) MsgBox "There is no data for this report. Canceling report..." Cancel = ...