Email Signatures: "The signature "blah blah" could not be located.

I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure.  I have
had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me with a
Hotfix patch.  This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch cannot
be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be
upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version
of the program.  Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your
computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.”

THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different email
signature for each.  When I edit the signature, I choose Advanced Edit.  When
I am done, I get the following message:

"The signature “C:\Documents and Settings\Nick Gledhill\Application
Data\Microsfoft\Signatures\MG-UK.htm” could not be located.  This signature
may have been removed."

Furthermore, Outlook now seems to lack the ability to reply to an email
using the correct email address and, therefore, the correct email signature.

I really hope someone can assist me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Nick

Nick Gledhill;114101 Wrote:
> I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure.  I
> have
> had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me
> with a
> Hotfix patch.  This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch
> cannot
> be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to
> be
> upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different
> version
> of the program.  Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your
> computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

Did you try a new mail profile?

It soulnds to me like the patch applied to a different version of
Outlook that you've installed.  Did you update Outlook to the same point
it was prior to the crash and when you installed the patch the first
time or did you update Outlook to the most recent patch level prior to
trying to reinstall the hotfix?  Did you recontact Microsoft or look the
hotfix up on their web site?  I suspect that when you first installed
the patch, Outlook was at an earlier service level.  Now, perhaps,
you've reinstalled Outlook and updated it to a later level than was
available when the hotfix first came out and the hotfix is no longer
needed or applicable.

> THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different
> email
> signature for each.  When I edit the signature, I choose Advanced Edit.
> When
> I am done, I get the following message:
>
> "The signature "C:\Documents and Settings\Nick Gledhill\Application
> Data\Microsfoft\Signatures\MG-UK.htm” could not be located.  This
> signature
> may have been removed."

Does that folder exist and does it contain the file named in the error
message?  Open regedit and examine the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\General\Signatures
and see if its value is "Signatures".  Open a command prompt window and
enter "echo %AppData%" and see if it shows "C:\Documents and
Settings\Nick Gledhill\Application Data" exactly.

> Furthermore, Outlook now seems to lack the ability to reply to an email
> using the correct email address and, therefore, the correct email
> signature.

Are these accounts referencing completely independent mailboxes (i.e.,
each uses a different username/password in the account to access the
specified mailbox)?

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian

Why can't I click on the signature section to change my signature
When I go into tools, options, and then the mail format tab, the signature option is greyed out and I can't click on it. I therefore cant edit my existing sugnature or create a new one. I've tried changing the format options to compose the message in, and still no luck. Are you perhaps in a corporate environment? Then you mail admin might have disabled that option as a corporate policy. Ask him/her or your manager for more information. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, ...

Remove the signature for messages outside my company
I have deleted all of my signatures. Still when I send messages to outside contacts there is a signature that shows up. I remember setting it up when I started but I need to add and remove some information. I cannot figure out how to do this. It is not a simple tools, options, mail format issue. sevans wrote: > I have deleted all of my signatures. Still when I send messages to outside > contacts there is a signature that shows up. I remember setting it up when I > started but I need to add and remove some information. I cannot figure out > how to do this. I...

Email Signatures: "The signature "blah blah" could not be located.
I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure. I have had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me with a Hotfix patch. This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.” THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different ema...

How to detect the signature of a file ..
Hi, I got source code (using winverifytrust API ) which detects whether the given file is signed or not. source code link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382384.aspx I created an exe with that code and tested I faced one issue when I pass the "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll" it is showing that this file is not signed. If I check the same file using "sigverif" ieframe.dll is signed. Please can any tell me what might be the reason for the above. I am trying to implement the SIgnedCode class in VC++ (MFC or Win32) I did not get any information on this in the w...

Account-settings? Where to define the signature and reply issue
Hello all! I am used to Eudora, but moved over to Outlook 2002 recently. I have multiple e-mail accounts which I use often. There are two issues I have: 1. Where can I define which signature to use for a specific account? This is normal Eudora stuff, but Outlook only seems to know one default signature. 2. How can I setup Outlook so it automaticly uses the account a message was sent to when replying. Now it allways uses the default account, whatever the account was the original message was sent to. (So for instance, if my default e-mail account was me@home.ok and I want to replay a mess...

Does anyone know how to get the pictures in the signature to work?
I need help getting my signature's pictures to show up. They show up with red x on it. I set this up exactly how I am instructed but it doesn't work. Could someone help me with this please? Let me know. Thanks! Which method did you use exactly? Where is the picture located? Which version of Outlook are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "SIS" <...

How to uniformize the signature for all e-mails send by users
I'm not sure it is the appropriate discussion group for the following question : I'm unning Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 Client. I would like to make sure that the default signature in all e-mails sent by the client outlook looks the same (new e-mails and replies). Ideally the signature will contain information coming from the Active Directory (LDAP) eg. dept. number dept. name, compagny URL and obivously the name of the user. Do I have to replace the default Message form by a customized one (I guess I will need to write some VB script to get LDAP information Is this doabl...

Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates.
Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates. Hey Friends, I have an xml given by our partner trying to integrating with us and i have their certificate with public key installed in both personal and trusted people folders. when i am using the following code to check the signature of message signed by my certificate i am able to verify the signature but when i am trying to check the signature of the message of our partner using the same following code i am not able to verify the message. the message sent by our partner is right below the code.I wou...