Email mail merge using Word 2003 and Outlook 2003

I initiated an email merge from Word 2003 and everything works fine till I
click O.K. in the Merge to Email box.  The computer "works" like it is
sending the messages to Outlook 2003 but they are never sent.  It seems to be
a problem of Outlook and Word not properly working together??  How do I solve
this problem?  I know the messages are not being sent because I sent two
messages to myself at two separate email addresses and neither was received.

Do they show in your Sent Items folder or do they hang in the Outbox?

Also, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with
Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try
again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part
of the virus scanner. For more details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"BB45" <BB45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I initiated an email merge from Word 2003 and everything works fine till I
> click O.K. in the Merge to Email box.  The computer "works" like it is
> sending the messages to Outlook 2003 but they are never sent.  It seems to
> be
> a problem of Outlook and Word not properly working together??  How do I
> solve
> this problem?  I know the messages are not being sent because I sent two
> messages to myself at two separate email addresses and neither was
> received.

0
Roady

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

MSCRM sync to Outlook
Hi There, Is there anyway to have MSCRM sync to Public folder rather than Personal folder. Currently it is syncing to personal contact folder, is there anyway to change it to sync to specified address book in outlook. Is there anyway to also change the mapping, so that you can pick and choose what contact fields get synced. Cheers Kyaw Not possible to alter this currently. The synch will be the default folder you choose for Mail profile. The sync mappings are not configurable. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Kyaw" wrote: > Hi There, > ...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Open document with Word instead of Works
Our computer came originally installed with Works. When we loaded Microsoft Office (Home and Student Version) 2007, it seemed to load fine and is able to be used for word processing, excel spreadsheets, etc. But when we try to open documents sent via the web, it automatically defaults to Works. In Vista, tried to change the default, and the Microsoft Office suite is not listed on the choices for default programs. Help! Right-click on a file you've saved to your hard drive (you wouldn't try opening an attachment directly from email, would you?), choose "Open With,...

sbs 2003 exchange
im trying to setup outlook web access but having issues. I ran the configure internet wizard thing and checked the boxes for outlook web and such for access but when i go to http:\\servername.domainname.com\exchange or domainname.com\exchange my hosting company pops up and says domain is parked. what am i doing wrong? Thanks Joe You need to use your internal server name. Once it is working, you need your ISP to set up an A record to your Exchange server. "Johnny Dagger" <JohnnyDagger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984E6032-7701-4B44-9684-4A90FE8A79B...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

ability to use "streets and trips " with commercial traffic
I bought a streets and trips program and I drive a ttruck for a living. In NY state there are highways that are restricted to commercial traffic, that is, parkways. Is there a way of getting a map solution that excludes parkways? Is there another program specifically for commercial traffic ? Ed This groups is specifically for users of Microsoft CRM. However I will say that I have been using direction finding programs for years and have not seen anything specifically for commercial traffic. I would suggest chatting with your colleagues in the industry to see what they use etc &...

Outlook hanging when opening, stops responding
Help. Yesterday when I opened Outlook, all of my contacts and calendar items were gone. I imported all my old pst files and everything was there. Outlook appeared to be okay, but then it froze and I had to CTL Alt Delete to end the program through Task Manager. After repeating this process several times, Outlook opened in Safe Mode. Everything seemed fine. Closed Outlook, reopened later, and same problem encountered, but safe mode now doesn't kick in. Tried removing Outlook and reinstalling, but still having problems. Any one have a solution or suggestion on what I should tr...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Connecting to Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2003
I have recently had to rebuild an Exchange 5.5 server due to a raid array crash. I have the server up and operational but I have several users that have the Outlook 2003 client installed than can no longer get into their accounts. It worked prior to the crash. The OS is windows 2000 server with all SP's and Exchange 5.5 with all SP's. The user get the error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The exchange server is not available." I have verified that the RPC binding in the Client PC and on the Server is set for RPC over TCP/IP. Any help is great! Ron Have you t...

Excel 2003 #29
I have calculated cells formatted for Currency w/ 2 decimal places// when print they have 15 decimal places // I've tried standard formatting Number & Accounting and they also print 15 decimal places when formatted for 2 decimal places // how can this be corrected so when cell formatted for 2 decimal places it will print 2 decimal places ? This is not standard excel behavior. Are you sure you changed the number format? Any chance you have some kind of macro that changes the numberformat before you print? Martins wrote: > > I have calculated cells formatted for Currency w...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

Filter using keyboard
Can i filter using Keyboard instead of Mouse? Thanks To apply an AutoFilter, you could use the keyboard: Alt+D (to open the Data menu) F, F (to select Filter, then AutoFilter) To select an item from one of the dropdown menus in the heading cells: Navigate to a heading cell Alt+ Down Arrow (or Up Arrow) to open the menu Use the Arrow keys, or PageUp or PageDown keys to move through the list Press the Enter Key to select an item Drew wrote: > Can i filter using Keyboard instead of Mouse? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.c...

Office 2003 Beta version
I have the Office 2003 Beta version which has expired. Does anyone know if I can just installed the Office 2003 upgrade or do I have to buy the whole friggin' application suite? You can find the upgrade requirements here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/standard.mspx#XSLTs ection127121120120 In article <9A063B69-A41D-437F-A1E4-3F9A78049013@microsoft.com>, Bildmk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Beta version which has expired. Does anyone know if I > can just installed the Office 2003 upgrade or do I have to ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Printing using MFC ??
Hi, I have some printing related Qs in MFC frame work. 1. How to print big text on multiple pages. My undersatnding is that for every page OnPrint is called, Is this correct ? So OnPrint will be called n number of times ??? 2. How can I put some gaps between text and start the printing on a new page. Reagrds, Harvinder Singh Harvinder Singh, Check out the following link (beware of wrapping): http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/ht ml/_core_printing.3a_.multipage_documents.asp Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "harvinder singh&qu...

Outlook 2003 OAB Offline Address Book
Platform: Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007 SP1 We originally thought the offline address book was not updating however this is not the case. It seems as if there are multiple “domain.com all” address under the All Address Lists and only one of them are updating against the GAL. I have tried deleting the *.oab files to have the address book rebuilt without sucess. Any thoughts how to remove the “domain.com all” that is not updating? Thanks Chris Hi, this newsgroup is for Office for Mac. Please repost your question in a newsgroup that deals with Office for Windows; while th...

When doing a mail/merge from word it shows my outlook contact folder as empty. Why?
I'm using Office 2003 on XP Home. I was in word and said I wanted to do a mail/merge on a particular outlook contact folder. The folder shows up on the selection list of folders but when I click on it it shows no contacts in the list. This feature works fine with other outlook contact folders but just not with this one. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don Most likely the Folder that appears in that list is an outdated reference and not the one that points to your current Contacts Folder. Remove it. Make sure the Folder you want to appear is enabled as an email addres...