e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto

In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for
administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with
anyone else????
--
retired   jwb

"jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for
> administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with
> anyone else????

Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess
this: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Open multiple attachments
Is there a way to open multiple attachments in Outlook 2003? Holding Ctrl to highlight then and double-clicking doesn't work. I have a message with a few pictures and I'd like to open all of them at once. Thanks! ...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

e ...

MDB in Outlook "Unsafe" attachment list
Hi folks, According to a policy that isn't set in stone, we've configured our McAfee GroupShield to block all attachments listed in Microsoft's "unsafe" attachments list in MS KB article 290497, so they never even get to the Outlook users. This has resulted in complaints about .mdb files being blocked, so I'm weighing the pros and cons of allowing these attachments through. Does anyone know what exactly the risk is with MS Access .mdb files that makes them less safe than .doc, .ppt, or .xls files? Are these files on the list because they're just not mailed as ...

Inserting EPS file into Publisher 2000
I can insert an EPS file into Publisher but I can't see the image on screen. Can see jpg or gif etc but not EPS. No error reported, prints OK but I'd realy like to be able to see the image on my screen. Check out view, pictures, detailed display, although if you are seeing other images this probably isn't the solution. Could be a video driver issue, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for a newer driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David" <david.michaels@rcnc.om> w...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

File Security Not Showing
When zi right click on a file in Explorer and click on properties The security tab does not show up on the next screen. Is there something I need to set so I see the security tab? BTW, my rive is NTFS formatted. Rangerhgm wrote: > When zi right click on a file in Explorer and click on properties > The security tab does not show up on the next screen. > > Is there something I need to set so I see the security tab? > > BTW, my rive is NTFS formatted. Windows XP Home? Safe Mode. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way ...

Extrenal Links not updated unless file is open simaltaneously!
Hi All, I have a file with links to other workbooks in same directories and different directories all files are in the server, coming under one tree. The links refer to single cells and sometimes comprise formulas like Vlookup or sumif etc. When I open the destination file some links are updated but others results are returned as " #Value! ". Buy if I open the source file also same time the results are shown properly. What could be the problem here ? -- M Imran Buhary Some functions don't work on closed WBs. Indirect, Sumif, Countif, ... just to name a few. There are us...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

Outlook 2003 Attachment Line?
How do I get the attachment line back? After installing Outlook 2003 all attchments go into the body of the message instead of the attachment line such as in Outlook 2002. Any help would be helpful. The message format decides where the attachment is placed. Using Rich Text Format places the attachment in the body of the message. Using plain text or HTML will place the attachment in a separate window. Tools->Options->Mail Format tab is where you can set your message format. >-----Original Message----- >How do I get the attachment line back? After installing >Outlook...

Problem opening .exe files
Hi, I am unable to open any .exe files on my computer. If I try to open any .exe it brings me "Open With" window with the list of programs. But when I right click on exe file it gives me an option "start" which would launch me the application. How can I change the default double-click behaviour to launch the application? I am using Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! -- hihi7209 Sorry for opening up a new thread. After searching thoroughly in the forum, I was able to fix my issue. Please delete my thread. ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

odd issue with word help file
i am programming word through access i have access 97 and word 2000 when i press f1 on the word code in msaccess i get this error cannot find c:\program files\microsoft office\office\VBAWRD9.CHM would you like to fine it yourself the file is located in c:\program files\microsoft office\office\1033 when i try to find it it only shows .HLP files i am guessing there is jack all i can do as office 97 uses hlp and office 2000 uses chm. so i am merely confirming that this is true or is there a solution. Regards Kelvan ...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...

how to stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page
how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows vista. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:07:01 -0800, Windows Vista <Windows Vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows >vista. It would appear that this question has nothing to do with Microsoft Access, the subject of this newsgroup. Please scroll down the list of subjects and repost in a Vista forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is no...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...

E-Mail Printing Problem
I posted this problem 6 or 8 months ago and have not yet seen a solution. The problem is on certain emails (Schwab Confirms as an Example) about 1" of the right side of the email is cropped. I documented and reported the problem to MSFT and someone from MSFT replied that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was many many months ago. The problem is/was not printer dependent or operating system dependant - just Internet Explorer and/or Windows Live Mail. It was apparent at that time that other people were experiencing the same problem. Is anyone aware...