duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?

Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3
account. (again...)

This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an
archived email in my inbox.

The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one
day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails
at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync,
but this looks like a different problem.)

I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email
portion of the software after the first duplication today. But this evening,
after the email anti-virus was disabled, the duplication problem re-emerged.

The really bizarre thing is: my archived inbox is now empty, even though I
was looking at it earlier today!

Fortunately, I did a backup of my archive and outlook.pst files last night,
so I hope to be able to somewhat recover. (www.connected.com)

Setup:
Vista 64b Ultimate
Outlook 2007
Hotmail / Pop3
Norton Internet Security

Duplicates

Windows mail cleared all messages and now says low disk space
i've tried opening my files in windws mail but they have all been deleted (from all folders) when i go onto any of the remaining folders and click on it, all i get is; folder could not be opened possible causes low disk space. firstly why would it suddenly delete everyone of my emails and secondly where would it put them? See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here for the future: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Then try repairing the database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ and then see if you can open the folders. Also search for *.eml and see...

message rules to back-up
I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message rules. Is there a way to do this? What version of Outlook, typically though you can go to the Rules Wizard > select the Options button > export Rules. "Scotty Resch" <sresch@cox.net> wrote in message news:080101c366d0$50ad9610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have found myself wanting to format my hard drive and > reinstall windows 200 pro and want to save my message > rules. Is there a way to do this? ...

Color quality changes when I open Outlook 2007
The color quality on my computer changes from 32 bits to 8 bits when I first open Outlook. It also does it when I link to the internet from an email. I have to go back to my desktop to change the color quality back to 32 bits. This corrects the appearance of Outlook, but if I have linked to the internet, the website nav bars are still all blacked out. In some cases, the text is blacked out and other times, the color quality is still messed up on the website. Has anyone else experienced this? There is another user set up on the same computer that does not experience these iss...

ok send messages

opening email
When I double click on an email that I received, the message will not open in another window. The only thing that happens is that email is displayed as open in my taskbar. I've always been able to open into another window until now. Please advise. It is actually opening "off-screen". Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. Close all other windows except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to the size you want. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you ope...

Error message
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Vista OS) it always opens the Outlook 2000 Startup dialog box, as if startup never completed. Then I get the message "The procedure entry point StrTokEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll. I've tried to uninstall Outlook but it doesn't appear in Control Panel/ Programs or in Windows Install Cleanup. I've tried both the reinstall and the repair. Any advice please? Thanks in advance. See if this article explains things: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814442 OL2002: Error Messages After You Install Windows 2000 SP...

Receiving duplicate emails

Message Queue
Is there a way to export or read the emails that are stuck in the messageing queue in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks ! It depends on how the message came into the queue. If the message came from another server, and is destined for the server it's queued on or another remote destination, then the message is on the hard drive, and can be seen at <drive>:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\queue folder. Use Notepad the view the message. If the message was sent from the server it is queued on then that message is in the SMTP Folder inside the Information Store and you'll need a Informa...

Nothing in Office will open #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, We have 2 MacBook Pros in our household with mine purchased this summer (mine is 10.5.8). I successfully installed (and used in the past) Office for Mac 2008 on my laptop. The software was purchased and is installed/used on the 1st MacBook. (We were told at Apple that we can share the software.) Anyway, suddenly neither of us can open anything in Office on our individual laptops. I cannot open documents or any Office application. When I try from my Office folder on the bottom right of screen (right of the dock an...

Intelligent Message Filter Appears to be Crashing
Hello all, This morning when I came in, I started receiving notifications that our front-end Exchange 2003 SMTP and occasionally IIS services were crashing and restarting. As I started going through the event logs, I noticed the following error after the services had recovered: Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event ID: 1000 Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp 42435bec, faulting module msexchange.ucecontentfilter.dll, version 1.1.32.8, stamp 40183cbe, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000a900. The way I'm interpreting this message is that the Int...

Why won't Outlook 2007 open today?
This morning around 2 a.m. Outlook worked just fine but this afternoon it won't open now, error message pops & then the programs abruptly closes itself? What does the error message say? There are several possible causes and the error message will help us know which fix you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-N...

I Can not trecover my messages
Hi Dear sir/... I have win xp sp1 with outlook 2003. I have my old user data on a cd....( for example : outlook.pst and archive.pst and...) when i removing my old data - & install a fresh win xp and outlook 2003 - i can not recover my old file . System says to me : it is not a outlook data file. or you have not any access to this file. My file size : 277 MB Name : outlook.pst I have total user data... It is very important for me to recover my data as soon as Please tell me with this email : ali_mahoutchian@yahoo.com or answer to my problem here . thanks a lot. i am very sorry for b...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

To box and the Sent box not be populated on the message in the Sent Items
We are experiencing the problem described by KB 328281 and require the hotfix with with the files following versions. Please advise how to acquire this file. Here is the support doc explaining the symptom and resolution, but no link to the hot fix. It says to contact MS to get the hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328281 Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------- 24-Feb-2003 16:24 152,064 Olkintl.msp (Client Patch) 24-Feb-2003 16:27 1,201,152 Olkintlff.msp (Full File Patch) After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this fix will have t...

Outlook2000 Message
Dear All, In our organisation one of the outlook2000 mail user is receiving an error message as, "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. this usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. If the problem persists, contact your administrator". Still the user is able to download messages. The problem is each time when the user tries to download messasges the above message comes. Pleas give a valuble support. Thanks in advance. Best Regards Mathew. ...

Forwarding a message
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? I don't think there's a way to automatically exclude it but you can manually remove it (which I'm sure you knew already) "Albert Sapiano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06b801c3a775$f0993310$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I forward the reply mail received without it > including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

Outlook 2003 Message-ID madness!
Reposting message previously from exchange.misc forum due to no replies! ----------------------------------------------------------- Hi all... I have recently acquired Exchange 2003 along with enough CAL's for all my users, which includes Outlook 2003. So, I have been upgrading users to O2K3, most are now using the new version, but I haven't got Exchange installed yet. A number of my users have recently started complaining that some of our contacts are not receiving their emails. Upon further investigation with the admins at the receiving end, it seems that their spam filters a...

Cannot send message
Please advise how to engage. My crystal ball is broken. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:OR%23Ltbi7KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please advise how to engage. Get down on one knee, give her a diamond ring. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Joe...

mail merge has the open data source not available
publisher 2000 under mail merge > open data source. only create publisher address list or edit publisher address list. all other commands are greyed out and unavailable. I have a text box and select that before looking for the command. Have you created a Publisher list? Where is your data source? What exactly are you trying to do? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sammc2" <Sammc2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6A6DA69-6548-4A7C-915E-6A2A79F15D9A@microsoft.com... > publisher 200...

Download Messages Twice?
I know that it has been confirmed that Outlook 2002 has this problem (Knowledge Base Article 292249), however, I'm unable to see anywhere that verifies that Outlook 2000 has the same problem. Our office uses Microsoft Office 2000, and on several of our machines we intermittently receive messages to our Outlook that have been previously downloaded. We have chosen the to "Leave a Copy of Messages on Server" in the Advanced portion of the Properties, as we occasionally need to access the messages offsite. We have not selected to "Remove from Server after 5 Days&qu...