Duplicate messages coming into inbox

We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009
through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the
first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the
same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We
called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything
that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook
set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use
POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab. What else do we need to
look at for the possible cause?

Second issue. At certain times when sending a single email we get a popup
that says "An internal support function returned an error" and won't send.
What would cause this?

Thanks.

My reply is shown inline ....

FocusFirst Inc. wrote:

> We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009
> through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the
> first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the
> same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We
> called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything
> that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook
> set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use
> POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab. What else do we need to
> look at for the possible cause?

You need to check that messages are deleted from the server after
downloading them.  There is check mark on the "Internet Email
Settings" wizard under Advanced tab which says:

"Leave messages on the server"

You need to remove this check mark.

> Second issue. At certain times when sending a single email we get a popup
> that says "An internal support function returned an error" and won't send.
> What would cause this?

you can try correcting this by running Office Diagnostics and in
most cases the email settings are restored.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
0
LD55ZRA
4/20/2010 2:55:00 AM
Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook?
Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd
still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus
scanner. For more details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

While you could prevent this by disabling the "Leave a copy on server"
option for your account, this would also mean that all the email are removed
from the server.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"FocusFirst Inc." <FocusFirst Inc.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E1E6DC82-75B5-4F18-A212-321ACA6F31A2@microsoft.com...
> We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June
> 2009
> through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for
> the
> first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the
> same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates.
> We
> called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything
> that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the
> Outlook
> set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use
> POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab. What else do we need
> look at for the possible cause?
>

> Second issue. At certain times when sending a single email we get a popup
> that says "An internal support function returned an error" and won't send.
> What would cause this?
>
> Thanks.

0
Roady

Duplicate names in same row
Hello, I have a table that lists names and dates, where each name can appear several times, each paired with a different date. I would like to make a query which would list each name in one row, but add the dates togather into a (horizontal) comma separated list. Can this be done in a query? Or do I have to use VBA to pick data from one table and dump it into another, temporary table? Thanks for any help in advance. :) Try the Crosstab query type and use the wizard if you're not familiar with Crosstab queries. However, based upon the number of columns it generates you could quite po...

Sending messages #3
Hello, When I send messages, there are often more messages being sent than what I created. For example, I may send 2 e-mail messages, but my antivirus says it is scanning three or more. But, when I check my outboc, there are only the messages I have sent. I am concerned that I either have a virus (although I have a current and updated version of Norton Antivirus) or a problem with my Outlook settings. Can anyone provide me with some guidance? -- Leo When you send, you also automatically receive. I'd guess that NAV is scanning incoming mail, too, and adding to the total. "L...

I think I deleted my entire Inbox!
Holy crap. I think I just deleted allllll of my emails. Help! Can I get them back after permanantly deleting them??? Is that an oxy-moron? Ahhh HELP! I'm at work. Unless you have deleted them from your ISP's server - you will probably be able to download them using another Email programme such as Outlook Express. "Clueless27" <Clueless27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25A10CFA-F392-4082-9816-F48ACD50C95C@microsoft.com... > Holy crap. I think I just deleted allllll of my emails. Help! Can I get > them > back after permanantly del...

remove duplications
I have imported a load of data from an accounts package and for some reason every line is duplicated once How do I remove the duplicated rows in one action ? thanks -- Vass Hi Vass Visit Chip Pearsons site http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Vass" <mark.nalder_TRAPTHESPAM_@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:V6udnaSN75BHanXfRVnygg@eclipse.net.uk... >I have imported a load of data from an accounts package and for some reason > every line is duplicated once > > How do I remove the duplicated rows in...

how do I view name in my inbox
Somehow my inbox no longer shows the name of the sender and I don't want to open my reading pane. I have Outlook 2003. Please instruct me to get that working again. Did you try resetting the view? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH....

Intelligent Message Filter
I am looking for some comments and opinions on how well this Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 feature performs. Thanks for any comments. p00lb0y I posted some quantitative results of ours in the SBS newsgroup, here: nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs/294416 The thread is entitled "Exchange IMF Effectiveness", and was started on 15th July 2006. -- Regards, Steve. IMHO, the IMF is pretty good. Especially good for a freebie. Not as flexible as other packages, but a very good start. It is easy to deploy and reduces the amount of spam I receive...

Error Message Coding
I have a report that has this code in it Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) If Cost_Center.Value = "30000" Then text71404501.Visible = False Else text71404501.Visible = True End If End Sub The report is selected to run from a button on a form. My problem is that if the report has no data, the code returns run-time error 2427 informing me that an expression has no value. When I debug it goes to the IF statement above. What code can I add so I'll just get a dialog informing the user that there is no data and on OK, then canceling the action? U...

Duplicate e-mail msgs
After changing providers, I set up my Outlook Express to recieve the e-mails rather than leaving them on the web mail site.. I am now getting two of every msg. I have gone into Tools>accounts>mail and removed all accounts but this new address, but still receiving 2.. I then went back in and went on further to properties >general and unchecked the "include this account when receiving*" box.. Then I receive NO e-mails when i send a test msg.. Can someone tell me what I am missing?? Thanks so much.. If you haven't rebooted after removing the old account, do...

Quit creating duplicate desktop icons when doing upgrades/hotfix #2

Outlook 2003: don't show alerts when new e-mail comes
How can I turn off alerts on some folders (not all) under Inbox tree. I am subscribed on a lot of mailing lists and I don't want to be interupted when each mail comes. I only get the pop-up alert for items that stay in the Inbox. If the mail item gets moved (by rule) to another folder, no pop-ups "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:uwPW34LyFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > How can I turn off alerts on some folders (not all) under Inbox tree. I am > subscribed on a lot of mailing lists and I don't want to be interupted > whe...

messages and size per day
I need to answer these two questions to take care of some space issues I have. How do I go about finding these answers. 1. What is the average number of messages per user per day? 2. What is the average size of a message in KB? The free answer is to run Perfmon and then do some math. The much easier answer is to acquire and use a product such as Quest MessageStats. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:671BCDB3-294C-4100-9CE8-9D3E09B17A26@microsoft.c...

Project Inventory Transfer Return Cost error message
while entering a Project Inventory Transfer Return, I received msg: You are not allowed to return cost greater than the actual posted amount. Apart from table EEPAIVRQ that control the return quantity, which table/sp control the return cost. any advice is much appreciated. Actually you're done at this point. If using PA IV Transfers(Return) you cannot Return more than what has been posted/charged as you cannot create negative total quantities or negative total costs on the project/cc line. Example: Transfer qty =2 at $1000 for $2000 total posted costs. You can return 1 at $11...

exporting messages #2
I am having trouble exporting my messages from outlook express 6.0 to my new computer on the network that has outlook. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-u...

SOAPFormatter not deserializing SOAP message
Hi, I'm new to all this and having tremendous difficulty trying to deserialize the following: <soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap-env:Header><TransactionID xmlns="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1-0" soap-env:mustUnderstand="1">-1433961100312413552</TransactionID></soap-env:Header><soap-env:Body><SubmitReq xmlns="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1-0"><MM7Version>5.3.0</MM7V...

How do I transfer messages & addresses from Microsoft Mail to Out.
I recently bought a new computer with Vista and installed my Office 2003 with Outlook. When I had all my e-mail messages and addresses transferred from my old computer, where I used Outlook Express, it was loaded into Microsoft Mail by the person who did the transfer. Microsoft Mail does not have a lot of the features I liked on Outlook Express so I want to transfer all my messages and addresses from Mail to Outlook. I went to Outlook and unfortunately it does not list Microsoft Mail as one of the programs it can import into. Da, Microsoft Mail was not around in 03. Can someone ple...

Big Message Rule
Team, After a little searching, it seems clear that there is no way of overcoming MS Outlook 2002's limit of 32kb on the total size of message rules. This is rather frustrating. I have an auto-reply that I want to send to ALL emails, EXCEPT those from addresses that are currently in my address book. I tried creating such a rule, and listing all the people currently in my address book in the "exceptions" box. Unsurprisingly, I have more than 32kb of addresses in my address book. Any ideas on how to make this happen? thanks, Michael mdjosem@gmail.com <mdjosem@gmail.com&...

How do I suppress duplicate categories Calendar To-Do Bar?
How do I assign multiple categories to a task that displays in the Calendar "To-Do" Bar but only print out one of the categories. For example, I have a task named "ABC" that is assigned to a category called "Marketing" and another category named "Urgent". I have a second task named "XYZ" that is assigned to a category called "Sales" and also to "Urgent". How do I display/print those tasks assigned to the "Urgent" category without them being displayed again under "Marketing" or "Sales&q...

I receive an error message when trying to e-mail a Publisher docum
I'm using Publisher 2002 and Outlook 2003. I'm trying to send an e-mail using Publisher (embedded rather than an attachment). When I click on "Send as E-mail" I receive the following message, "Publisher cannot mail your publication because part of the mail system is missing. Reinstall your program and try again." I reinstalled all of Microsoft Office (including Outlook), restarted my computer, and when trying to e-mail the publication, I still received this message. I changed my default mail program to Outlook Express 6.0. I still received the same error...

Messages build in queues and then send all of a sudden
On a consulting job I setup a front end Exchange 2003 server with smtp connectors to internal Exchange 5.5 servers (they can't be in the same routing group.) Mail gets delivered fine, but the connector queues seem to hold mail for a while (usually 50 messages at most) and then send them all at the same time. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? I want the messages to go as soon as they can. Phillip Wendell Jarvis and Wendell Consulting, Inc. Baton Rouge, LA Hi Phillip, If the Servers are not in the same Routing Group have you tried to configure Routing Group Connectors inst...

message erreur
message d'erreur 80070005 : 1 mise � jour ne peut s'istaller sur vista basique ; merci -- guibors ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guibors's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/185138.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1305964.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

weird error message
I have WLM loaded under windows7 64 Ultimate, and have recently started getting this : Sorry, something unexpected happened and Windows Live Mail must close. Your recent chages may not be saved. with an OKAY tab in nthe box.......... and thats it! no error codes , no other info. I am stumped about the cause, anyone else out there seen this? JPG img here > http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/hybug/?action=view&current=win7livemailerror.jpg Yes, getting the same message, I have XP and have no idea what to do to fix it either. I just ignore it and Windows Live co...

wrong error message : ALLUSERS property is not 1
Hi, I am trying to install the merge module: VC++ 8.0 MFC (x86) WinSXS MSM Beta2 and this is the error I get: ": ALLUSERS property is not 1 - this MSM cannot be used for a per-user or fallback-to-per-user install 2: 2" Can someone please explain this message ? thanks, Yoav "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:OTlc6nZ1GHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I am trying to install the merge module: VC++ 8.0 MFC (x86) WinSXS MSM > Beta2 and this is the error I get: > ": ALLUSERS property is not 1 - this MSM cannot be used for a...

Finding duplicates in excel
Hi guys, I have a big worksheet with a ton of columns, what I need to do is find all the numbers from column B that are in column A and create a list of cells from column B that are unique and not in column A. The sheet looks like this but goes on for 5K rows. If you look at the 2 columns the first number in column B (11971268365) is also in column A and I don't want that number. I do want the 2nd and 3rd number (etc). Can you guys help me do this? I can't seem to figure it out on my own. Please feel free to e-mail me as well rhino-lfl@hotmail.com Thanks guys A ...

Message Source /Header
I see a view header option in outlook but it doesn't show me the full details that I'm looking for. I'd like something that gives me all the domain info from an e-mail that has gone from one source as another source. Thanks that would be view, options on an open message or right click, view, on a selected message in the message list. See http://outlook-tips.net/howto/viewing_headers.htm for more info. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Sea...

Warning message? Win Media Player 12
1--I get the following message everytime I load a disk to rip or play...it will play but not rip. "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted. " 2- - WMP 12 does not allow me to see my collection on my external hardrive. What gives?? Thanks ...