Docx Saves as Outlook Attachment

Need some help if you know how to fix this. I somehow changed how Word opens
docx files and now they open as outlook attachments. I have already tried
making word the default program but that doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty
sure it has something to do with the code because I can't find anything in
Outlook or Word to change how docx files open as Outlook attachments. If
anyone knows or has this similar problem and knows how to fix it please let
me know... :)

"Joe K - Word Docx Help" <JoeKWordDocxHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E4301B2A-2DDB-4955-A5D4-B01EA03FB12E@microsoft.com...

> Need some help if you know how to fix this. I somehow changed how Word opens
> docx files and now they open as outlook attachments. I have already tried
> making word the default program but that doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty
> sure it has something to do with the code because I can't find anything in
> Outlook or Word to change how docx files open as Outlook attachments. If
> anyone knows or has this similar problem and knows how to fix it please let
> me know... :)

Can we assume you're using Office 2007?  With what program are you opening
them?  How are you opening them?  Describe exactly.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Outlook 2007, flagged messages in PSTs causes Calendar to crash
I love the feature that I can choose to display reminders from my PSTs in the To-Do bar. However, I have discovered that when I select this feature on my PSTs, ( I have 6 of them loaded at all times) and I choose to View the Daily Task List, my calendar crashes. (CPU load jumps to over 60%.) Has anyone found a solution to this problem? You have run both Office Diagnostics and scanpst.exe on your data files (with outlook closed)? "Victoria@DIG" <VictoriaDIG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED5DB4E-A352-45AB-A5E7-DB31632F1782@microsoft.com... ...

Outlook on 2 PC's
I'm having a few problems with using Outlook on 2 PC's. I want to be able to receive all my emails on both PC's. At the moment if I open Outlook on one PC it receives emails, but then if open Outlook on the other PC those emails are not in the inbox... it will only receive emails that are currently being sent through. I think there is a setting that allows the user to store emails on the server. Could someone please let me know of the setting that I need to change as I can't find it. Thanks. EMail Accounts>Change>More Settings>Advanced ....leave a copy on the serv...

How do you save an embedded animated gif file?
In Eudora you right click and send it to the browser. In outlook a right click offers the chance to save a picture, but the only save option is a .bmp file. Yuck. Please email mike@aye.net and leave answer here for all to share. Mike wrote: > In Eudora you right click and send it to the browser. In outlook a > right click offers the chance to save a picture, but the only save > option is a .bmp file. Yuck. Clear your IE cache and see if you can save as other formats. > > Please email mike@*** and leave answer here for all to share. Sorry, no e-mail replies. Note that pos...

"Document not saved" and very large temporary excel files...
When attempting to save our addin it times out after a couple of minutes and displays a "Document Not Saved" dialog While saving, the temp save file that Excel creates grows to about 2gig before excel "times out". This usually starts happening after a bit of coding... We are using Excel 2003. And our addin contains quite a bit of VBA (say about 50k lines). We usually run excel sessions with many 3rd Party addins of a financial nature (Reuters/Bloomberg etc). Thanks for any help. ....the xls file is about 10 mb when it manages to save... An Excel add-in, prior...

Entourage and Outlook
Does anyone know of a way to transfer stored e-mails from Outlook to Mac Entourage or Mac Mail and back? ...

where is the Outlook update?
Can someone send me the link to the Outlook update that was publicized to pop up when user receives an email with an attachment? When I slipstreamed Office 2k to integrate service pack 2, now I can't install the latest Office updates. Thanks :) ...

Re: need help with an Outlook update
Because when trying to update Office, it is telling me that I need this update. This might be why I am unable to block attachments. I've done all the customization on the server, but attachments are not being blocked, and I think it's because these updates are not applied. ~Alissa >-----Original Message----- >Why are you adding that update? It is for Outlook 2000, not Outlook 2002. > >-- >Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP >Author of > Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for > Administrators, Power Users, and Developers > http://www.outlookc...

Saving multiple worksheets as independent files
I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to save as independent workbooks. Is there an easy way to do this vs. cutting & pasting into another workbook? Right-click the tab name, select Move or Copy, pick new book from the To Book dropdown, and either leave the Create a Copy checkbox unticked (move) or tick it (Copy). -- HTH RP "Hewlett" <Hewlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074AFD41-B2FB-448E-9ED9-44F103BB2EDF@microsoft.com... > I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to > save ...

Outlook Contacts list
Hello I have a Sony-Eriksson T610 and I use vodaphone as my service provider. What I want to do is copy the important contacts from my 2000 contact database to a smaller one of about 400. My phone can take 550 contacts maximum. The smaller database can be transferred in one go to the phone with full contact details. i.e. Name, address, tel, fax, e-mail etc. The question is does Outlook XP allow the creation of a second database So I would have my main contacts in outlook which contains my 2000 contacts, and a second contacts list (say I call it Mobile Contacts) and if so how would I do it? ...

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

password not being saves
I have tried everything I know to do. I have edited my registry as in a few posts from Microsoft without progress. " Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 836664" And this one here, 1) Back Up The Registry Just to be safe you should back up this registry key before making modifications. Click Start, Run, and type regedit in the box, and then click OK In the left panel, click the pluses next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Right click on Protected Storage System Provider and select Export In the File name box, type a unique name for the key In the Save In box, ...

Importing Address Book from OE6 to Outlook 2002
I use OE6 but because I am doing a course which uses Outlook I have just installed Outlook 2002 from Office XP Professional and then downloaded and installed all updates that were found. I wanted to import my Address Book from OE6 I have used the following instructions in Outlook File - Import Export - Import Internet Mail and Address Books - unchecked Mail and then proceeded to import Addresses. When choosing what to import from it only listed OE4 or OE5 no OE6 (I presume this is because OE6 wasn't around when Outlook 2002 was produced) so I chose the only option available to me....

Protecting A Workbook from being saved/written over
Anyone know how to protect the workbook from someone SAVING changes they may have made? The workbook needs to be accessible for others to run various scenarios, but should not be saved over the "original" generated by myself...Anyway to do this without getting IT involved? ANY suggestions would be much appreciated!!!! :) Save the document as read only. Then they have to know what they are doing before they can save over the top of it. "Lauren" wrote: > Anyone know how to protect the workbook from someone SAVING changes they may > have made? The workbook nee...

Emailing from outlook
I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use hot mail. The messages will just sit in the out box. I have no problem sening messages if I go directly to hot mail and send a message. Any suggestions? Yes - post your version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Marc asked: | I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use | ...

How to save dc drawing for display again
Hi Group Below is my dc drawing function. How to save this drawing so that i can display it again later instead of drawing it all over again ? HDC hDC; CDC *pdc = NULL; hDC=GetDC(pParentView->m_hWnd); if(hDC) pdc = CDC::FromHandle(hDC); if(!pdc) return; CPen pPen(PS_SOLID, 1, color); pdc->SelectObject(&pPen); CDC::FromHandle(hDC)->MoveTo(x-size/2,y); CDC::FromHandle(hDC)->LineTo(x+size/2,y); CDC::FromHandle(hDC)->MoveTo(x,y-size/2); CDC::FromHandle(hDC)->LineTo(x,y+size/2); ReleaseDC( pParentView->m_hWnd, // handle to window hDC // handle to...

Missing All Contacts in Outlook 2003...
The problem originated from an Outlook 2003 user, but my suspicion is = that the problem is with Exchange 2003 (in SBS 2003). We've just had our SBS 2003 server re-installed. I was able to get the = client's Outlook 2003 up and running with Exchange and imported his old = *.pst file. This imported all his inbox messages from the beginning of = time... the client was happy. However, the client became unhappy when he noticed there were no = Contacts. I'll admit that I had to remove the old "Microsoft Exchange Server" = account in the Mail Setup-Email Accounts and re-ad...

How to prevent inactive CRM contacts from syncing to Outlook
Is there a way to prevent inactive contacts in CRM from syncing to Outlook? Also, by default all contacts get synced to Outlook. Is there a way to hand-pick specific active contacts within CRM to NOT sync to Outlook? Thanks Set up local data groups specifying the group of contacts that you do want to synchronise and then change the synchronisation settings through outlook to copy from local data groups. "circulent" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent inactive contacts in CRM from syncing to Outlook? > > Also, by default all contacts get synced to Outlook. Is there a...

Outlook 2003 NOT connecting over VPN
I have been getting reports from various users that their Outlook 2003 suddenly (as of around January 6) cannot connect to our Exchange 2003 system over our VPN. These users were previously able to connect to Exchange with no problems. Additionally, some of these reports indicate that they can connect one day, but not the next. Connectivity is not consistent. (And before anyone says "Use RPC over HTTP," that's all well and good if they user doesn't need the VPN access for other applications - but if they're on the VPN, RPC over HTTP doesn't connect and Outlook is st...

Outlook mail prob~
I am suddenly having a problem with my Outlook 2002 program. After opening the program and getting to my Outlook today screen I will go to check mail or schedule and thought that screen apears fine at first a few seconds later it will start a search on to the internet to this site? Any Ideas "http://www.jraun.com/search.php?search=outlook:Calenda Thanks In advanced for help~ James OC/CA <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am suddenly having a problem with my Outlook 2002 program. After > opening the program and getting to my Outlook today screen I will go >...

Save Error when protecting XL macros
If I try protecting macros using the standard function in the VBA editor, I get an error whenever I try to save the associated excel document. Usually this says "document saved, but cannot reopen due to low memory" (there is no memory problem though); at this point Excel often dies. If I take off the protection it works fine, which is bizarre. Anybody come across a similar problem / any suggestions? ...

transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer
Can someone help me: What to know how to: Transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer than print list out? Please help Thnaks "iphone contacts?" What are those? Is there some reason an Outlook group should be expected to help you? What does your "iphone" group have to say about this? This isn't an Outlook issue. -- Russ Valentine "Kashi" <Kashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052B4F49-3DF4-43BB-A50F-145D4DA00236@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me: What to know how to: > > Transfer iphone c...

Disable save button
Hi everyone, How can I disable the save button in Excel 2000?? Thanks, Xargon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this Don't forget the shortcut Ctrl-S (application.onkey) Sub menuItem_Enabledfalse() Dim a As Integer On Error Resume Next For a = 1 To Application.CommandBars.Count For Each ctl In CommandBars(a).Controls Application.CommandBars(a).FindControl(Id:=3, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False Next ctl Next a End Sub Sub menuItem_Enabledtrue() Dim a As Integer On Error Resume Next For a = 1 To Application.CommandBars.Count For Each ctl In CommandBars(a).Con...

Publisher 2000 freeze when opening/saving document
Hi ! I'm using Publisher 2000 under WinXP and whenver I want to open or save file, it freezes. Actually, it opens the common open dialog and starts using 100% CPU, never ending and never displaying any files. When saving, I the first minute or so, I can type the file name, but then the file is not saved as the dialog never closes. I also tried to put a fully qualified name, it doesn't change anything. Anyone has any idea on this issue ? Thanks a lot for your help OBones Have you installed the service releases for Publisher 2000? -- ...

Outlook "Calendar" backup?
My office is XP Home and company laptop is XP Pro. I've searched the net for a simple program to "backup" my Outlook Calendar. The only two programs I've found on Google search are ABF and Novasoft, which are both Russian based softwares? Is there a domestic backup software...or does that violate Microsoft copyrights? I need to simply backup Outlook Calendar on whichever machine I'm using. What is the popular fix??? Thanks, Al in SoCal Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...