dissappearing messages after reading?

In Outlook, after reading some messages, they dissappear. I have not deleted or
replied to them. Usually it is all the messages from one sender. What
Happened???

Check your view to see if you have it set to "unread messages" - if yes,
then change it to "messages."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, JenHoliday asked:

| In Outlook, after reading some messages, they dissappear. I have not
| deleted or replied to them. Usually it is all the messages from one
| sender. What Happened???

0
Milly

Outlook Won't Pull In All IMAP Messages and No Sync Option
Running Mercur Mail Server (not Mercury or Merkur) and have some users that were using OE. This was working relatively fine. Needed to switch them over to Outlook, but when doing so Outlook would pull in the messages from the Inbox on the server, but would not pull in Sent messages. For a few of the users I was able to rename a 'flags' file in the message folders on the server for that user and Outlook would pull in the messages. However, on the others this did not work. Outlook would see any new messages sent though. The other problem is there is no synchronize option for the 20...

Intelligent Message Filtering...
I have been using this tool for about 3 months now and it works great however I have just setup a Blackberry account and it captures the "ept.dat" file everytime as SPAM. How can I configure this tool to allow the file to pass through? This file contains the email forwarded message from the Blackberry. Thanks, Chris ...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Message size increase as it is sent over SMTP
We have been having issues when a user or users send a 2MB email with and attachment externally. We use message size restriction in Exchange Globally, SMTP connectors, SMTP Virtual server as well as for each user mailbox. The size restriction is greater than the 2MB email with attachment that is getting blocked. I’m aware of how each of the settings work, but am puzzled why email grows in size as it travels over SMTP. Within an article that I found is briefly notes: the following “Please keep in mind that messages sent through SMTP could grow about 10-20 percent because of format con...

How do I read a .dat file on my PC?
I received a .dat file and I need to access it urgently. Is it possible to access this in Microsoft Office? Not with Office. Problem is that a .dat file can be created by a number of applications, each one creating it in a different and incompatible format. You need to ask the sender of the file what was the app that created it. -TedMi "KirstenLord" <KirstenLord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58012148-83B6-4582-BCD7-08F9F5A5C73F@microsoft.com... >I received a .dat file and I need to access it urgently. Is it possible to > access this in M...

Line in troolbar at top of page dissappears.
All of a sudden the line in the toolbar at the very top of the page that I was working in just disappeared. How can I get it back? Don J ------------------------------------------------ If you mean any of the toolbars you can reset them under view>toolbars>customize, select the toolbars tab and click reset. Note that it will remove any customization you might have done previously -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don J" <dej8801@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MrOdneAa57xLLYvbnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@comcast.com... > All of a sudd...

mail merge error message
When I try to do a mail merge from Outlook using a contact file, I get the message "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." This happens whether Word is running or not. I'm not using a network and it used to work fine. Help! Post your Outlook version. Ensure that Outlook is your default mail application and that your Outlook profile is configured correctly with a mail transport. Turn off Antivirus before you start the merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mdc" <mdc@discussions.microsoft....

READ ONLY IN FILE
Have a user on a network wherever she loggs in every file opened through Outlook come up as read only. The files are read as normal when opening without outlook. But when opened in Outlook they are read only. This is only with this one user. Noone else is having this problem.. Can you please help me. ...

Delete messages
Hi, How can I delete messages, as an admin, in users mailboxes? We have different mailboxes with unreaded messages in the "Inbox" folder. How can I retain the last messages? Marc, It sounds like you're trying to manage mailbox content - specifically unread messages. The easiest way for you to automate this process would be to use Mailbox Manager. A task would run on a schedule you set with the parameters you require (messages over a certain size, date, etc.) then move or delete the messages that meet the criteria. -- Regards, Frank Castro fcastro@online.microsoft.com &...

Read data from Owner Draw Controls
Hey Friends Is there a way by which i can read data from owner draw control in another application? Regards you can use WriteProcessMemory / ReadProcessMemory to inject your datas and codes. But, you need to know about how to work target owner draw control. It's harder than just injection techniques. Using disassembler and reverse engineering, you can done your work. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "vikrantkpr@gmail.com" wrote: > Hey Friends > > Is there a way by which i can ...

saving messages to cd
I need to backup my messages in Outlook to a CD. Please tell the proccedure for doing this. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Copy your pst-file to a CD when Outlook is closed. Don't forget to test it! http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f0c01c483ca$58a02820$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I need to backup my mes...

Dissappearing macros?
I just tried to use two macros on my QAT and neither one of them appear to be extant, anywhere. The links on the QAT are still there, of course, but clicking on either of them brings about an error message saying that the macro security settings won't enable the macro to be displayed, or the macro cannot be found. I looked in the View ribbon for Macros, and after selecting View, they are not there at all, whether I look in normal template or all active templates. I renamed my current normal template, then used a backup copy of one that I made in December, but the same thing ha...

100% Cpu, opening message
Outlook 2000, Win98 Just in the last day or so, my cpu spikes to 100% when I try to read a message or create a new message. I have downloaded all of Windows & Office updates. I uninstalled/reinstalled Office and downloaded the updates again. I have tested with/without Word as my email editor. I tested the AutoPreview & PreviewPane and both options allow me to read the email. I enabled them only to test, but do not leave them active. It doesn't matter which message I try to read, they all spike the cpu to 100% and Outlook stops responding. Please Help Wes ...

Dialog messages in WLM
How does one stop the stupid dialog messages in WLM when deleting messages or trying to read them. I don't care what WLM is doing to get there, I just want to delete or read my messages. The messages slow the processes down so much. -- Wideejay If referring to Emptying the Deleted Items folder in WLM...one doesn't - no option to disable that dialog box. If something different, please provide more specific detail. For Pop3 accounts one has the option to Empty the Deleted Items folder on Exit - WLM version 14 -> Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance - WLM version 15 beta...

help....weird error message!!
I keep having trouble not only bringing up outlook, but also hotmail. The error code I get in hot mail is "Code: 800ccc19". Anyone have any clue?? Thanks, Dan ...

Disclaimer message
What is the best and easiest way to post a disclaimer message on each message that leaves the exchange server? I know I can have one setup on individual mailboxes; however, I wanted to do a global one. Thanks, john "John C. Weldin" <jweldin@focusbsi.com> wrote: >What is the best and easiest way to post a disclaimer message on each >message that leaves the exchange server? I know I can have one setup on >individual mailboxes; however, I wanted to do a global one. > >Thanks, > >john > Never a day goes by without this one being asked but check out www...

Red "recipient could not be resolved" messages.
Has anyone come across red "At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system" warning messages on emails sent to/from CRM? Is this normal? Composing and sending an email via the CRM homepage.. Create an Activity.. Email, I have no problems. Composing and sending an email to the same user via the "CRM Email" button in Outlook, however, differs. The recipient receives the email, but addresses other than the recipient are displayed in red username@domain format, not the normal blue Last Name, First Name account format. The "recipient coul...

reading pane not available anymore
Had some issues, so i re-booted two times, now my reading pane option is not even available to click. Seems like i have a technical issue, can anyone help? In 2007, try Mcrosoft Office Diagnostics, or 2003 Help, Detect and Repair. rkohler wrote: > Had some issues, so i re-booted two times, now my reading pane option is not > even available to click. > Seems like i have a technical issue, can anyone help? Version of Outlook? Its not listed on the View menu? Find and delete outcmd.dat - if you paste this line into Window Explorer's address bar, the window shou...

Out of Office Message #2
I'm trying to compose an out of office message. Help index says to go to tools and choose out of office assistant. That option is not in tools or any where else. I've noticed other things not right with my program. I have version 2002. What am I not doing right? Any thoughts. Thanks. Hi, Mike - Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm mike wrote: > I&#...

Error Message #5
When I try to save my data to an Access DB I get this Message Unable to write to database. Make sure database is not protected and has valid field data type. There is an extra field in the DB when I created the record tith Excel. WT_RCID is added like an auto number, but I had placed my own auto number called (Record Number). What do I do to be able to save my records in Access? Hi i couldn't find a previous post from you on this topic so i'm not sure if i'm coming into the middle of a conversation - so ignore me if i am. How are you trying to write to Access. If you&#...

Office XP- OUTLOOK: Format toolbar is inactive. Cannot select font, color, underline, italic, etc. This occurs in new message, forward message amd reply message. Tools, Options, Customize, selections
This is the message body. Here you post you issue NOT in th subject line! Anyway; make sure you are composing a HTML or Rich Text formatted mail. You can change this under the Format menu in a new message -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when ma...

Creating a read only database
Hi, I have a 30gb database that has all the data that will ever be inserted into it already I place. Therefore the db will only eve be used for querying / reporting. So I am going to make it a read only database. I'd like to optimize this a bit and not just set the read only flag. I thought that I might set the fillfactor to it's most compact. rebuild the indexs update the statistics. create a single ad group that gives read-only access to the db. set the read-only flag. can anybody advise anything else that I should do to optimize a read-only database. many hanks...

Spy++ & UI Thread Messages
Please help. I wrote a simple MFC dialog app that has one button: "Beep". The MFC dialog app creates a seperate "Beep" UI thread when it starts. When one clicks the Beep button on the dialog, the dialog uses PostThreadMessage() to post a registred thread message to the beep UI thread which in turn beeps the PC speaker. The app works fine. However I cannot figure out how to monitor the thread messages for the beep UI thread in Spy++. The windows for my dialog and button appear on my main thread, but there is no window at all on the UI beep thread. How can the U...

font color in message
Every time I compose a message using colored fonts the message it is sent and recieved by the recipient in black. Why? Gary Does the receiver support receiving messages in HTML format? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "gary" <gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:921CAE1C-E5FC-4030-9C65-EEDBF9EC0A2D@microsoft.com... > Every time I compose a message using colored fonts the message it is sent > and > recieved...

GP 9.0 get/change error message
I just installed SP2; using MS SQL 2005. On one client computer I get the message "A get/change first operation on table 'PA_Billing_SETP" failed accessing SQL Data when trying to print the Pre-Billing Work Sheet. The other clients work fine. Any and all help is appreciated. scuba, the first step is to see what the sql error is. If you press the "More Info" it should give you the specific SQL error returned. You can also turn on the dexsql.log and you should see the same error message. One other thing you also want to make sure is that since you are using S...