Disable Auto Add of addresses

How does one disable the auto add of email addresses?

Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but
when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to
"delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the
manual add to add the addressee to my email...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

You may disable it in Options

Food Snobbery wrote:

> How does one disable the auto add of email addresses?
>
> Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but
> when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to
> "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the
> manual add to add the addressee to my email...
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

-1
Bob
1/26/2010 6:32:21 PM
Try tools, options, email options button, advanced button - suggest names at
the bottom of the dialog.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Food Snobbery" <FoodSnobbery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one disable the auto add of email addresses?
>
> Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but
> when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to
> "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the
> manual add to add the addressee to my email...
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

0
Diane

Auto Accept Agent fails to complete install.
Has anyone run into this... using Exchange 2003 / Windows 2003 SP1? Error States roduct: Auto Accept Agent -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_AutoAcceptInstaller.install, location: D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Agents\AutoAccept\Bin\AutoAcceptInstaller.exe, command: INSTALL 5 Thanks in advance, Are you sure you have all requisite permissions? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backup...

Auto-stop feature?
I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD drive doesn't run all night). I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I assume it is something that can also be done on my computer. I just can't figure out how. On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas <hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have >Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD ...

Add Sub to Button Bar
Is it possible to add a button to the bar at the top and have it run a SUB I wrote? I have several SUBs that I have to run on many different spreadsheets and I get tired of having to attach the module and then run it. It would be so much easier if I could add a button like Adobe does. Do you have your modules in personal.xls? If so, then it is easy to run them from a toolbar. Right click on the toolbar and choose Customize from the popup menu In the dialog, navigate to the Commands tab In the left panel select Tools In the right panel scroll to the bottom and choose one of the Custom ic...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Parameter Query No Results
I have a parameter query works as long as there are related records in the tables. My problem is I when the query results are "null" or no records exist I want the query to automatically create a new record based on the parameter input. Is this possible? Example: [CustomerID] criteria shows Like "*" & [Enter Customer ID:] & "*" If this is a new record for this Customer my query returns no values. I want the query to automatically create a new record for this Customer or show all records related. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! ...

Auto print HTML page from hyperlink in Excel?
I hope someone in this forum can help me with this question. I have just been sent an Excel 97 spreadsheet containing approx 900 rows of information about documents created through a web form. One column contains a full list of the URL information pointing to eac of these documents. Due to a legal requirement, every one of thes documents must be printed prior to actioning in an accounting syste (Yes, you read that right! Dontcha just love industrial relations?) To enable faster access for printing, I have created hyperlinks for al of these URL's in another column by using =HYPERLINK(M2) an...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Email Campaign Bad Address Handling
Does CRM have an automated way of dealing with bad email addresses that it sends to during an email campaign? Thanks, Tony ...

Auto Updater #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was too busy or there was a problem connecting with my network. Has anyone had this issue and how do I resolve this. On 4/6/09 3:07 PM, "dylan204@officeformac.com" <dylan204@officeformac.com> wrote: > When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that > states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was > too...

How to hide the "Properties" of an email address
I often receive email where I am one of several recepients. Usually, if you right-click on the name of someone in the TO list, you can choose Properties, and determine that person's email address. That can be a problem for that person, if he/she wants to keep his/her email address private. I recently received an email, but when I right-clicked on the names in the TO list, I could not get the Properties information. It appears that the sender knows how to list the person's name in the TO list, but prevent his/her email address from being determined. I would like to know how t...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

add to beginning of numbers in list
Hi Wondering if there is any easy way of adding some numbers in front of a whole list of numbers, thanks tim Tim, The following formula will put 123 in front of the number in A2. Copy down with the Fill Handle. =VALUE(123 & A2) For a permanent change, copy this column, then over the original column, do Edit - Paste special - Values. Now you don't need the formula column any more. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:42d5fabd@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi Wondering if there is any easy way of addi...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Add date range
I'd like to add a column to my spreadsheet that includes a range of dates by week, i.e. COLUMN A Week 16/02/09 - 22/02/09 09/02/09 - 15/02/09 02/02/09 - 08/02/09 26/01/09 - 01/01/09 etc COLUMN B Week Number 8 7 6 5 etc Is there a function to do this automatically? I'm using Excel 2007 SP3 Keep it simpler, list/fill down the startdates in col A, enddates in col B, from row2 down. Then in C2, copied down: =WEEKNUM(A2) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:23,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdemechanik --- "Jonas Trevellion" <jonas.trevellion@g...

recovering an outlook contact list/address book
A few weeks ago, my hard disk crashed and i had to replace it. I've been able to slave the bad one and copy most of the data from it. However, I'm having problems retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the old drive. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that the Windows XP username was password protected or not. Can someone help PLEASE? >However, I'm having problems >retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the >old drive. Define "having problems". What errors do you see? -- Brian Tillman Smith...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Adding another domain address in Exchange 2003
We currently have our department emails hosted off site and have our company emails handled internally. What I need is to have our dept emails handled on-site. We have an Exchange server that hosts our company email, company.com; I also want it to host our dept email, department.com. We can change our MX records for our dept site to point to our Exchange server, what changes need to be made on-site for it to forward to our emails. create a recipient policy for department.com and then either manually create smtp addresses for the people that need them, or let the RUS/RP do it for you b...

MTA Auto Stop ( Error 4284, 4287 )
Dear, I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 with WinNT4.0 SP6a I find on this two day My MTA Auto Stop, and I need to Restart I check the Event log , It have below Message EVENT ID 4284 , Source MSExchangeMTA An error occured during connection/disconnection. Error code : 8511 ( POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 4287 , Source MSExchangeMTA An Internal MTA error occured. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. Error code=8640 ( 75 POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 9277 , Source MSExchangeMTA The MTA has issued an RPC Cancel call for thread 1, Locality Table Index 31, Time (ms); 1240000, Cancel result 0 ( QPL...

Auto Reply Outlook 2003
I have Windows 2003/Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003. I have a general Customer Service mailbox. I would like EVERY email that comes into this box to receive an auto response back saying that we will reply within 24 hours. I do not want an Out Of Office reply, we are not out of the office. And it must be server-level because multiple users access the mailbox and Outlook is not always running on any one user's computer. I read this article on Slipstick http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm but it is not clear whether or not the article pertains to Outlook 2003 and it seems that...

Automatically add Footers to all documents in a folder
I don't think this is possible, but someone out there might know of a way. In Word 2007, is it possible to add a footer w/filename to an entire folder of documents without having to open each document and add the quickpart? Hi Kim, No, you can't do that without opening, updating & saving each file. The process could be automated with a macro, however. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "kim" <kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC665B1A-E514-489F-8B2A-3D8749A2E450@microsoft.com... >I don't think this is possible...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Add/Remove Programs not finding all programs
I am trying to remove Blackberry Messenger and Add/Remove programs doesn't find it. It is installed in the Program Files folder. I've looked around to see if there was a product unique file removal program but saw none I recognized. Anyone have any thoughts? "Berg" <Berg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5F99188-0851-4FC4-877E-346C499A5A0B@microsoft.com... > I am trying to remove Blackberry Messenger and Add/Remove programs doesn't > find it. It is installed in the Program Files folder. I've looked around to > see if ...