Deleted Items In Inbox Fail To Purge

I'm using Outlook 2007 with an IMAP server for my business e-mail. Seemingly
without warning, and intermittently, deleted messages are failing to purge
from my in-box. The messages clearly show as deleted, but won't purge either
manually (Edit, Purge) or automatically (Purge on exiting folder). There's
perhaps a clue that when I log into the same account with an Exchange server,
the messages aren't there.  I've tried restarting Outlook, and even
restarting the machine,  all to no avail.

I'm wondering if this possibly has something to do with the Droid I recently
bought, though the problem occurs with respect to messages that were not read
by the Droid (and messages that were read).

Try this:
Open Outlook>click file>click Work Offline>close Outlook>open Outlook Delete
E-Mails>close Outlook>open Outlook>click File>uncheck Work Offline
HTH

"Catullus" <Catullus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2007 with an IMAP server for my business e-mail.
> Seemingly
> without warning, and intermittently, deleted messages are failing to purge
> from my in-box. The messages clearly show as deleted, but won't purge
> either
> manually (Edit, Purge) or automatically (Purge on exiting folder). There's
> perhaps a clue that when I log into the same account with an Exchange
> server,
> the messages aren't there.  I've tried restarting Outlook, and even
> restarting the machine,  all to no avail.
>
> I'm wondering if this possibly has something to do with the Droid I
> recently
> bought, though the problem occurs with respect to messages that were not
> read
> by the Droid (and messages that were read).

0
williamtell
4/10/2010 3:36:38 PM
 I did what you suggested but my deleted e-mails are still appearing.  Any
other ideas?
--
Nosila

"williamtell" wrote:

> Try this:
> Open Outlook>click file>click Work Offline>close Outlook>open Outlook Delete
> E-Mails>close Outlook>open Outlook>click File>uncheck Work Offline
> HTH
>
> >WT<
>
> "Catullus" <Catullus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using Outlook 2007 with an IMAP server for my business e-mail.
> > Seemingly
> > without warning, and intermittently, deleted messages are failing to purge
> > from my in-box. The messages clearly show as deleted, but won't purge
> > either
> > manually (Edit, Purge) or automatically (Purge on exiting folder). There's
> > perhaps a clue that when I log into the same account with an Exchange
> > server,
> > the messages aren't there.  I've tried restarting Outlook, and even
> > restarting the machine,  all to no avail.
> >
> > I'm wondering if this possibly has something to do with the Droid I
> > recently
> > bought, though the problem occurs with respect to messages that were not
> > read
> > by the Droid (and messages that were read).
> >

> .

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Item wise balance in Pivot Table
I want to get item wise balance in Pivot Table, I tried to enter formula in pivot table and it works but whenever the new item insert it does not show and I have to copy formula for each item, can anyone help me Thanks in Advance Abdul Samad abdul.samad@siza.com.pk ...

Rule for Deleted Items

INF for Ports class CDC USB device using usbser.sys fails DTM INFT
If a USB-to-serial CDC ACM specification device using usbser.sys is not classified as a modem, the New Hardware Wizard will not install the Virtual COM Port unless the INF file AddService directive Flags parameter has a value of 2 to set the SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE bit. This causes both ChkInf and the DTM "INFTest for a single .INF" to fail with error "(E.22.1302) Filter drivers cannot be the controlling service (SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE)." To certifiy the driver for a device that otherwise passes WINQUAL testing but is less complicated than a modem, is there any...

Missing Inbox, Folders & Address Book
I recently had to have a new hard drive installed. all of my old data was placed on the new hard drive in a folder called OldData. When I bought the PC, it came with Microsoft Office XP preinstalled. But I was not able to find the disks, so I aquired and installed microsoft Office XP 2003. I have two problems: 1) I don't know where to look to find my old inbox, folders, Address Book and anything else associated with my old Outlook environment. I also need to find my wife's data as well. She uses a separate identity. 2) Once I know where it is, I need to find out where to put it in o...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...

Deleting an email

Standard Item Store Qty Tab
We are having discrepancies in our inventory reporting. We went to the Store this morning and completed the Physical Inventory We requested the Store Quantity from HQ (Worksheet 501) We Connected HQ Client @ the Store We then completed the Wizard Task 190 at HQ The physical count of our item is 24 The Store Item Quantity Snapshot is 31 The Standard Item Store Quantity Tab for that Store Shows 58 Can anyone explain this discrepancy and tell us how to reconcile our Counts. Thanks for Your Help -- Pam@BigSmoke ...

#Deleted

Customer / Item Table Name
What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in advance! Can you please clarify? Are you looking the Historical Sales Transactions table.? "Banner" wrote: > What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in > advance! I think you're looking for the Sales Customer Item Cross Reference Table which is SOP60300 You may be looking for SOP60300. "Banner" wrote: > What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in > advance! That's it, thanks! Bryan "VGrinam" wrot...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Multiple users sharing one inbox
I have one of those email accounts where all mail for the entire domain is delivered to the one inbox on the POP server. On our PC we have separate userids. Is there some way that I could filter the incoming mail so that mail for other family members is moved into their inbox, which is, of course, outside of my "Personal Folders". This has prevented me constructing a mail rule. I can see the "File", "Open", "Other user's folder" but that option is greyed-out. We're using Outlook 2003 as a simple POP/SMTP mail client; no exchange server. ...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...