default setting of zoom slider in Outlook 2010

Love the new Outlook, but for some reason my default reading pane zoom slider
setting is now at 170%. While I can change back to 100% to read message, each
new message reverts back to 170%. Where can I change that globally? Thanks.

JIM in Fla

I would LOVE to figure this one out too!
It's either 170% or 210 %, and I set it and it keeps resetting!
Found the solution: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2010/thread/f8e2b566-593a-4ebf-833a-f7ae95d48bd9.

You have to start a new mail message and changed the zoom in it to whatever zoom level you want to be the default (100% in my case). After this all the other folders will open at this zoom level.

Hope this will help!
Regards, Arjan Vos
BPMi, the Netherlands
1
VosAJM

Installing Outlook plugin for CRM
While installing Sales For Outlook I get an installation error stating that the process has prematurely terminated. I am running Office XP, Windows XP SP 1. Cannot find any help on technet or MSDN. Anyone have any clues? ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

set up email 09-01-10
my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 cannot be found...got to tools...accounts..etc..won't let me set up.any thoughts..mike Make sure your settings agree with this: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "mik" wrote in message = news:E5446DB5-CE7B-45D6-B3B5-E6DAC9D25547@microsoft.com... my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 = ...

Outlook 2007 #39
I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific text" OR "other text" not for "specific text" AND "other text". How can I get it to search using an "AND" argument? Thanks. > I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming > messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The > problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific tex...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

outlook express #122
I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any answers to this? "Colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048a01c3dae3$21e5de50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any > answers to this? Your Inbox is corrupted. Move any mails you want to keep into a folder you have created. Close OE. delete Inbox.dbx. Restart OE. BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar...

Outlook xp pro will not archive email.
I can no longer archive email. It says it is archiving but no messages are moved. Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Last Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Last Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-m...

Migrate profile
Hi, I'm trying to configure Outlook Cached Exchange mode for all users who will get Office 2010 installed. Let me outline the process I'm running through... Currently the majority of users use Outlook 2007 and cached exchange mode is disabled. We will be deploying Office 2010 to machines in stages and wish to enable cached exchange mode for all users who then use Outlook 2010. However, whilst we want to enable cached exchange mode be default, we can't set it in a GPO as we still need to allow certian users to disable this manually (such as those users who hot-...

Outlook 2000 Printing problem
Hi I'm running windows 98 SE, Outlook 2000, Explorer V6 and having problems printing mail messages. When I click the print button, nothing happens and I get an error message saying "Internet Explorer Script Error Line 1344 Char:1 Unspecified Error Code:0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg I've tried reinstalling Outlook but dosent solve problem. Please help Thx Russell See if this KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303486 Note that printing an HTML message is basically the same as printing a webpage and therfor use Internet Exp...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Outlook Mail Deleting
In Outlook 2003, In the >Tools>Options>Other In the "General" section when you have a check mark in the "Empty the Deleted Item folder upon exiting" Item will not delete when you close outlook. At times, you can manually delete the files and when you open Outlook again, they are still there. Also, hold true for the sent folder. It takes a combination of rebooting, unchecking and rechecking the option to make it work again. I have used the detect and repair option with no success. What can I do to fix this? Thanks JW Does it help if you use th...

How do I set up email server in outlook express
Tools, accounts, mail, follow the wizard... Galen -- Signature changed for a moment of silence. Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side. "fl_russ" <fl_russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C90E436C-4254-4C34-A319-86CA05D7E97E@microsoft.com... > ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

2007 outlook doesn't suggest addressees when I start typing a To:
When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest recently used addresses to select. Is there a setting I have to set? | When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest | recently used addresses to select. | | Is there a setting I have to set? I had the same problem after upgrade to Office 2007. I had for the first time save an address in address book - if address exists just edit&save ( no changes required ). After that voodoo outlook started to cooperate as expected. If you've upgraded from an older Outlook versio...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Outlook 2000 #17
I have a user that is having an issue with a junk email rule. They have emails from other users automatically being sent to junk email. The email addresses of these users are not on the jumk email list and the emails do not get sent to junk email every time. Any suggestions? ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

How do I set the cell value to 0
I want the cell to change back to 0 after I type in a number and hit enter, I have a formula in another cell that uses the number I enter, but if the cell does not return to zero directly after I hit enter, it will keep adding whatever number is in the cell. Please Help! This tiny macro does what you want to cell A1, You can adapt it to any cell. Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Value = 0 Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Remember that this is worksheet code...

cannot recieve email with outlook 2003
I have not recieved any email from my exchange server for the last two days. I can recieve email from the other user accounts I log with and use outlook 2003 but not one particular account. check antivirus files and everything is uptodate and clear. Where do I go next. Please help. Any suggestions. do I need to do something on my exchange server?? Please help. thank you. It sounds like you might have a problem with your mailbox on the Exchange server. There are a few tests to try to narrow down the problem. 1. Try creating a new profile in Outlook and setting up your Exchange account...

OE and Outlook fight over newsgroups
Why was NNTP support left out of Outlook? Sure, you can do newsgroups, but only with a local Exchange server. (This group probably is hosted by one and those on the correct side of Microsoft's firewall can probably use Outlook to read messages here.) Strangely enough, Outlook (at least 2000 and 2002) attempts to register itself as the default newsgroup reader. What is the point? If that newsgroup is not local, Outlook just loads OE. But then, OE complains that it is not the default newsgroup reader. I keep changing it, and Outlook keeps changing it back. If Outlook really wants the...