Dashes in Repeating Task

If I have text in a Repeating Task, when I mark the task complete, the
newly-generated task has twelve (12) dashes (------------) before the text.
Why are the dashes being placed, and how do I suppress it?

If there is no text in the Repeating Task, no dashes are inserted.

keyboard shortcut to complete task
Is there a keyboard shortcut to mark a task as complete in Outlook 2003? I know that if I have the cursor on the checkbox, I can press the spacebar to mark complete, but I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut that would work even if the cursor is on another field (such as Subject). ...

Print titles
Can anyone tell me why I am unable to select this option in the print dialogue - it's unselectable! I just want to repeat the column headings on each page... Do you have grouped sheets (i.e., does your title bar have "[Group]" after the workbook name)? If so, ungroup the sheets and apply the print titles to each individual sheet. In article <00da01c425b4$14709500$7d02280a@phx.gbl>, "Carla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me why I am unable to select this option > in the print dialogue - it's unselectable! >...

Custom printed scrubs are often a favorite in the medical community. Unique scrubs offer the opportunity to provide a bit of personality to the task at hand, but faded and worn out scrubs should be
Custom printed scrubs are often a favorite in the medical community. Unique scrubs offer the opportunity to provide a bit of personality to the task at hand, but faded and worn out scrubs should be replaced quickly to insure a professional atmosphere at your workplace. http://www.replicab2b.net http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Wallets_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jewelrys_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Shoes_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jeans_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Sunglasses_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Clothing_1.html Frayed ...

Change Tasks Back to RTF Format?
If I create a task in Outlook, synch my palm Treo to Outlook, change the task on the Treo and then synch back to Outlook, the task no longer appears in RTF format. Is there any way to take this plain text task and turn it back into RTF, even if I have to reformat it? Thanks! -- Ben ...

Is the duration for the summay task the total of hours for it's tasks?
I'm new to MS Project and try to come up with speed quickly to plan the schedule for a project. Let's say the project has 3 phases. I add phase 1 and all of its sub tasks. I put in the hours for each sub tasks. I expect the Summary task hours will be the total of all its sub tasks but it does not show that. Instead, it shows the number of days from the Start Date and Finish Date of the sub tasks. Any input? -- LeT2010 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LeT2010's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/175874.htm View this t...

how turn off brief or repeated keystroke filter
help can't type Maybe this: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/edd12035226e9c9b/c3cb4be3bbe45720?tvc=1&q=sticky+keys+group%3A*Excel*+author%3At+author%3Avalko# -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "mspearsconst@live.com" <mspearsconst@live.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076CF03E-77C3-4C75-B88F-D0BBD6ECACEE@microsoft.com... > help can't type ...

Regular Expression to find repeating pattern?
Can a Regular Expression find and return any repeating pattern, where you don't know what the repeating pattern will be? For example, given the strings: abababab abcdeabcdeabcde Can a Regular Expression find that (a) these strings have repeating patterns, and that (b) the patterns are ab for the first string, and abcde for the second string? I realize it's easy to find a repeating pattern if you know the exact pattern you're looking for. What I'm asking about is where you don't know what the repeating pattern might be, nor how many characters it might...

background color for dashed line
Hi, I'm calling CPen::CreatePen() and passing PS_DASH (white color). My background is black BUT the line I draw (using the CPen object) is drawn on an existing WHITE line. As a result, I cannot see the new dashed line (because it doesn't draw anything between the small lines so I see only one solid line). I know that I can draw two lines- one black and one dashed white, but the question is if I can draw only one dashed line so that between the white small lines it will draw black lines? Regards, Ram. Ram, If memory serves, the color set in SetBkColor will be used by the background...

How to insert a repeating dash in phone numbers without dashes in.
Please I've been trying to discover a way to insert a dash automatically in many phone numbers without dashes already input in a single column in Excel. The phone numbers are all unique so I can not use Find and Replace method with the asterisk wildcard. The only consistent factor is the dash would be inserted after the first 3 digits of each phone number in the column. Thanks for any help or tips! Hi in a column adjacent to your data type =SUBSTITUTE(C1," ","-") (where C1 is the first cell of your data) move the cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the ce...

repeated pop downloads
I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP3). Messages on my pop server get downloaded repeatedly -- every time I send/receive. This happens only for some messages. The same problem is not occurring on the same server with the same account in Mozilla's mail client, so it's not a POP server issue; rather an Outlook issue. I see several posts here with similar problems, but no solution. Is there one? -billb At this time, I believe it's a known issue and there isn't a fix - check office update for sure. One cause is a bad connection - outlook gets disconnected before it marks the mess...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...

Repeat cells at bottom of page
I know I can have repeat cells at the top of a page. Can I have repeat cells at the bottom of each page? That's not supported by any builtin function. Suzie Pack wrote: > > I know I can have repeat cells at the top of a page. > > Can I have repeat cells at the bottom of each page? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

dashes
Is there any easy way to insert em dashes and en dashes? First, Publisher was putting them in and I didn't want them. Now I decided I do want them and can't do it just from the keyboard. I see where you can go to Insert -> symbol but that is quite cumbersome. Thanks! Publisher 2002, Win-ME -- Hugs, Erika Use alt+0150 for en dash - Use alt+0151 for em dash - -- Ron Cohen "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:usEzyUZhEHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any easy way to insert em dashes and en dashes? First, > Publisher was puttin...

Repeating entries on form
I'm very novice at Access and could use some help. I have created a form with a number of list boxes for ease of data entry. The user clicks on several selections (such as Purchase Order and Component number), and also enters a couple of fields (Cost and Date). These inputs populate a record in a table. There is a command button to add a new record. So far all of this works. Very often the user will be creating numerous records that are identical - maybe 6 entries in a row of all the same data. I found some info on this site that causes the various fields to retain their previous entr...

Macro to automate task...
Hello I am working with a worksheet in Excel, and one of the fields (columns) in the worksheet is "TEAM". I have to replicate the spreadsheet for each team, and at the moment I am creating a copy of the spreadsheet, then using the auto filter to filter on a team, renaming the worksheet to the name of that team, and then repeating this process for each of the teams. Is there a way of automating this task, so that I create a worksheet for each team using the main worksheet that has all the teams listed? Hope this makes sense - any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Th...

How can I Outlook Today to display Tasks and Appointments?
I've gone through the troubleshooting, and I still can't get anything to show up in the Outlook Today folder. I can't Customize it, or pick a style or get any type of menu to do so. The only thing that shows up in the Outlook Today folder is Messages. Did I miss something? ...

repeating projects with pre-defined tasks
I use Outlook 2003 with Windows XP on a brand new Dell. In the contact manager that I used prior to Outlook I could choose a contact and select "create listing" or "create closing" (I'm a real estate agent). That would trigger the creation of a project ("listing") with pre-defined tasks that were automatically added to the daily task list at the appropritate time. For instance, "create listing" entailed tasks such as "send data to mls, place sign, write newspaper ad, send announcements, etc". Each of those items were assigned a ...

Configuring Tasks and Outlook
Hi, I work in a IT Area in my organization, and I am insterested in integrating the taks list of a sharepoint site with the outlook of every member of the IT Team. I already know how to do that from the point of view of the end user (click "connect to outlook", etc.) but I do not want the users to do that, I want to enable it for every user "from the server". How can I do that? -- Ariel Andrés Quesada MSc Systems Engineering, MCBMSP CRM 4.0 MCTS: TFS, MOSS 2007,Forefront, Project 2007, ..NET 2.0: Web/Win Apps, SQL Svr 2005 MCSD, MCSE, MCT I...

Em dash with Hairspaces
I want to follow the Chicago Manual of Style when inserting an em dash into text, which calls for a very thin space ("hairspace") between the em dash and the letters to the left and right of it. If you insert an em dash between two letters (or words) in Publisher, the em dash solidly connects the two. You can of course manually insert a space before and after the em dash but that's unacceptable. What's the easiest way to create a modification of the em dash that incorporates hairspaces on both sides? In Publisher 2000 I was able to create an em dash to your...

task updateing through time sheet, but it is not reflecting
task areupdating on there task through time sheet, project manager is accepting the task, But the same after accepting is not reflecting in the project. sharul -- You need to give us more information, my friend. What version of Project Server are you using? 2003 or 2007? And please be more specific about WHERE the team members are updating tasks. On the My Timesheet page or the My Tasks page (if you are using Project Server 2007)? Let us know and we will try to help. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.co...

optional hypens showing as dashes
In Word 2007 - when I copy an existing portion of a document to a new file (I use paste special to remove all formatting because I work across several documents with different style sheets and don't want to carry them into my new document), any hyphen inserted in the first document converts to a dash or the symbol that shows for an optional hyphen when you have paragraph marks showing, which then creates typos in the new document. This appears to be a glitch in the latest upgrades to Word as this never occurred in the past. Has anyone else come across this problem and is the...

Repeat afterupdate code
Hello, I have a form that has about 25 inputs for data. I then have about 15 boxes that I just calculate some numbers so people can see what the effects are as they enter it. So for every data entry point I have the code behind AfterUpdate calling Private Sub Start_number_AfterUpdate() Call Calculations End Sub Private sub Calculations() ..... End sub Is there a way to have the calculation boxes all update after any of the data entry points have without have to put in the afterupdate behind each one? It works fine the way it is right now but I would like to clean it ...

enter network password pop-up repeatedly comes up?
I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps coming up every couple of minutes. busybee wrote: > I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps > coming up every couple of minutes. Uh huh. No Outlook version. No Windows version. No mention of the account type (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, or Exchange). No mention of the network access type (dial-up, DSL, cable). No details at all. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself t...

Unassign task in Outlook 2007
I assigned a task to a Mac user who can't accept it, so now I want to unassign it so I can take back ownership. Any way to do that? Thanks! ...

Repeat a task
I have an output file that is the same format generated automatically everyday from a system. It is in the same format and the same length everyday. What I need to do is be able create an easy way to point to the file, have it copy the correct range and place it at the end of the master file. Any idea? Thanks Turn on the macro recorder and go through the steps. If you need help with the generated code post back. You will probably want to ascertain the range to copy to. The recorder will give you a set cell address which you may not want since you are appending to an...