Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007

Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in
the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use
Outlook.

Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I
need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with
appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new
message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until
now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same
procedure and when I went to add file as text, I got a file conversion window
that won't allow me to add the file as anything other than plain text with
the HTML codes visible. My only choices are Windows (Default), MS-DOS or
Other encoding.

Is this an "improvement" from one of the recent updates? Is there a way I
can get around this? What's going on?

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions!

OMG! I'm a big dumb doofus! Please ignore this post. I'd forgotten to include
the html and body tags.

<smacks forehead>

Sorry sorry sorry.....

Sigh.

"sandra" wrote:

> Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in
> the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use
> Outlook.
>
> Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I
> need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with
> appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new
> message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until
> now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same
> procedure and when I went to add file as text, I got a file conversion window
> that won't allow me to add the file as anything other than plain text with
> the HTML codes visible. My only choices are Windows (Default), MS-DOS or
> Other encoding.
>
> Is this an "improvement" from one of the recent updates? Is there a way I
> can get around this? What's going on?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions!

create a roster

Synchronise email from computer to laptop
Hi Can anyone advise me how to set up my laptop to receive the emails that I receive on my main computer. The laptop is linked up wireless to my main computer. I also have a phone and the emails download to the phone but not to the laptop. Many thanks Saxon Using POP3? Enable the option to leave a copy on the server in your account settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.in...

Outlook 2003 Calendar *from* office *to* home
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2003 on a Win XP pro OS, synchronized to a corporate calendar via Oracle Connector, and I would like to do this (apparently) simple thing: Syncronize events FROM corporate calendar to my local calendar DO NOT Syncronize events FROM my local calendar to corporate calendar. In Outlook I just see a send/receive option, not just send and just receive separate option. Any hint is welcome Stefano ...

Task Create - Status

Converting from Outlook Express to Outlook
Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web search. Thanks, Will Will Fleenor just export everything from one to the other "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:et24bTJhEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from > Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web > search. > > Thanks, Will > Will Fleenor > > Will Fleenor <will@k2e.com> wrote: ...

IMF and Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode
My server gets all email via SMTP and IMF is working great, in OWA and Outlook 2003 Native Exchange mode junk mail goes to the junk folder and users can add exceptions for "junk" they want to receive etc. I'm wondering about my remote users who use Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode to grab their email (since RPC proxy works pretty lousy, can't wait til that is tweaked!). The email in their junk email folder is not downloaded to Outlook, and they have to log into OWA to see it. 1. Should/can Outlook 2003 download these junk messages via POP3? 2. If so, can they be moved to the j...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

cxant send emails to my aol acct.
I am unable to send an email to my aol acct. I keep getting a response from the "sys Adm" that it cannot be sent because no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. What must I do to fix this? Is it on the aol end or outlook end? What version of Outlook? What mode? (see these in Help | about). What kind of email account(s) are you using? b wrote: > I am unable to send an email to my aol acct. I keep getting a > response from the "sys Adm" that it cannot be sent because no > transport provider was available for delivery to this recipien...

fill html form with CHtmlView

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

Move attachments from certain Exchange 2k email address to a network folder
Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan Williams Not to worry, i found an alternative method to do what we needed. dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com (Dan Williams) wrote in message news:<2eac5d02.0405200811.5252b7c2@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address > and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? > > We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. ...

Where is it storing email addresses I reply to, not in contacts
Help I do not have a global contacts option that comes up. All that is available is my outlook and the contacts. outlook is empty and contact list is as it should be. When I type in s, it gives me all these addresses for people that I replied to their mail. I don't know how to find a setting to keep it from adding the email addresses and I don't know how to find where its storing them in order to delete them. Thanks They are stored in your autocompletin cache, a file with an NK2 extension. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry wh...

Help with sending emails
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was '...

Outlook 2003, Receive error x80004005
My OS: Windows XP; all critical updates downloaded. Outlook 2003: using Pop3 server. using Symantec Corporate AntiVirus When I configure my mail settings and click the test button, the system tells me everything is okay. My email had worked fine for months. one day, I started receiving error code x80004005 and mail will not download into outlook. I've only found one article in the Microsoft Knowledge base that instructs me to turn off script blocking within Norton AntiVirus. It also suggests turning off new mail notification. Neither of those solutions works and I cannot fin...

550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us
We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working fine for years. We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1. Unable to relay" when they send email to it. The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records are correct. All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this one....please help! Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address. Make sure that the box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail deliver...

when form created

POP3 issue: intermittent prob sending email
Since last weekend I've had an intermittent problem with users sending email to external addresses. It only affects users using POP3. So, my company is mycompany.com - from their mycompany.com email address they can send to other mycompany.com users but not external addresses like yahoo, hotmail or someothercomapny.com etc. The thing is that this comes and goes. Some folks are using cable/DSL and having them reboot the routers/modems has helped. When they try to send out to external addresses it bounces immediately with the error - "Your message did not reach some or all of the ...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...