Creating custom rules on Outlook 2003 or 2007

I accidentally sent an email to a contact on my list who had the same first
name as the contact for whom the original email was intended.  This got me
into some serious problems at work and I cannot have this happen again.

I need to create a Rule or an Alert that asks for confirmation for every
email I send out.  Basically, once I hit SEND on every email, it should
display a message like: "are you sure you want to send this email to
name@gmail.com?".  I just need to make sure every time that the intended
recepient is the correct one.

Please can anyone help me here?

You need to use VBA and there should be some samples at outlookcode.com for
this.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Fdiez1" <Fdiez1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I accidentally sent an email to a contact on my list who had the same
> first
> name as the contact for whom the original email was intended.  This got me
> into some serious problems at work and I cannot have this happen again.
>
> I need to create a Rule or an Alert that asks for confirmation for every
> email I send out.  Basically, once I hit SEND on every email, it should
> display a message like: "are you sure you want to send this email to
> name@gmail.com?".  I just need to make sure every time that the intended
> recepient is the correct one.
>
> Please can anyone help me here?

0
Diane
11/17/2009 6:53:15 PM
"Fdiez1" <Fdiez1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I accidentally sent an email to a contact on my list who had the same first
> name as the contact for whom the original email was intended.  This got me
> into some serious problems at work and I cannot have this happen again.
>
> I need to create a Rule or an Alert that asks for confirmation for every
> email I send out.  Basically, once I hit SEND on every email, it should
> display a message like: "are you sure you want to send this email to
> name@gmail.com?".  I just need to make sure every time that the intended
> recepient is the correct one.

Why not take two extra seconds and verify the recipient before clicking Send?
Taking care is better than an automated nanny any day.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Outlook 2000 #176
Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? "JMARA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bbd01c470a2$9cfee5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? www.google.com - you'll find THOUSANDS of hits about this. ...

create a roster

Exchange 2003 and Digital Certificates
Does anyone know where to find the HOW TOs on: Install/configure Digital Certificates for or on Exchange 2003? We are currently setup with Windows 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 and we want not only Exchange 2003 but all of the servers and/or documents using some form of digital certificate or PKI. Thanks in Advance and any help is greatly appreciated Please check the following article: 823568 HOW TO: Configure Exchange Server 2003 OWA to Use S/MIME http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823568 -- Jeremiah Waldon Jr. Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is ...

Accessing exchange 2007 rooms from outlook 2000/2003
Does anyone have a link to a guide on how this work. Previous in e2k we used pub. folders as our meeting rooms calender. But now i want to use the rooms in e2k7, but i cannot access a room or i dont know where to find it from outlook. /Ren´┐Ż Talk to your Exchange administrator. EX2007 may have been installed with no public folders. It has extensive features for setting up resources as individual mailboxes. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx...

Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8
Hi i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the phone field format returned to the original. how can i solve this issue? regards Nader Formats are not transferred using packages. You will either need to keep your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the format changes. I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can easily be re-run if required. ...

Problem importing Data into Outlook 2002 from 2003.
I'm hoping that someone out there has had this problem and can help me out. I did a backup on my other computer by exporting the data from Outlook 2003 to a file, then formatted the harddrive and am trying to import it into Outlook 2002 on a different computer and I get the following error: "The file Backup01262004.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator." Is there a utility or something that I can use to restore the file? Thank you in advance. Rich Previous versions of Outlook cannot read 2003's n...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar *from* office *to* home
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2003 on a Win XP pro OS, synchronized to a corporate calendar via Oracle Connector, and I would like to do this (apparently) simple thing: Syncronize events FROM corporate calendar to my local calendar DO NOT Syncronize events FROM my local calendar to corporate calendar. In Outlook I just see a send/receive option, not just send and just receive separate option. Any hint is welcome Stefano ...

Task Create - Status

Is it possible to customize money?
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop functionalities for it. Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote finder isn't able to get local quotes. So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand new one (I'm a programer). TIA, Bob See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. <rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d4a06fd.0505091627.33a35a7a@posting.google.com... > I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop > functionalities for it. > >...

Converting from Outlook Express to Outlook
Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web search. Thanks, Will Will Fleenor just export everything from one to the other "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:et24bTJhEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from > Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web > search. > > Thanks, Will > Will Fleenor > > Will Fleenor <will@k2e.com> wrote: ...

IMF and Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode
My server gets all email via SMTP and IMF is working great, in OWA and Outlook 2003 Native Exchange mode junk mail goes to the junk folder and users can add exceptions for "junk" they want to receive etc. I'm wondering about my remote users who use Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode to grab their email (since RPC proxy works pretty lousy, can't wait til that is tweaked!). The email in their junk email folder is not downloaded to Outlook, and they have to log into OWA to see it. 1. Should/can Outlook 2003 download these junk messages via POP3? 2. If so, can they be moved to the j...

Subir esquema de AD 2003 a 2008
Hola grupo, Tengo un forest con dos dominios 2003, el padre y el hijo. De momento no queremos migrar los DCs a 2008, unicamente poder empezar a tener servidores miembro 2008 en el dominio hijo. Necesitaria que me indicarais que pasos he de realizar tanto en el forest, como en ambos dominios y que precauciones he de tener. Muchas Gracias Hello Marc, This newsgroup is in english, so please use english language or choose a spanish one. Thank you for understanding. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrantie...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Message received in Outlook Express but not in Office Outlook why
I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook and marked it as default. I continue to receive e-mail on Outlook Express but not on Office Outlook. What settings do I need to make? Open Outlook using the /checkclient switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Old Fud" wrote: > I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook > and marked i...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

Create external database

Outlook reply and forward problem
In Outlook 2000 using internet email and personal folders. When replying or forwarding an email it removes the original email from the inbox. Is there a setting to leave the original email in the inbox. >-----Original Message----- >In Outlook 2000 using internet email and personal >folders. When replying or forwarding an email it removes >the original email from the inbox. Is there a setting to >leave the original email in the inbox. >. > I was having the same problem. Look a few entries up from your entry in this news group(Subject:Forward_Reply). If you ...

Outlook Recovery
I deleted my email account and wanted to create a new one, but when I open up Outlook, I don't have any Tools option to create a new account. How can I restore the program? You can modify your mail profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel. If you have trouble finding it see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/123 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Daved" ...

Download Transaction Problem Money 2003 CDN
When I'm downloadig transaction from my banks webpage the date shown for the bank entry in MS Money is always one day behind. e.g. real transaction date is 16 but in money it's shown as 15. My banks says on their site everything is ok and that it's a setting in money. Also they never heard of this problem before. Any help? ...

How to create pie chart with %

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...