Creating and accessing BCM files stored on Network Accessible Stor

Our IT contractor has just installed a Network Accessible Storage device
(DLink DNS-323). We can see this from all computers on our wireless network.

I want to create our BCM database on the NAS so that all people on site can
access it. We are also planning to set up a VPN to allow our offsite staff
access to the BCM database.

My problem is that BCM cannot see the NAS. Indeed when you are setting up a
new database there does not seem to be a browse capability to allow you to
set it up anywhere other than your local hard drive.

Any ideas?

"Mdith" <Mdith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Our IT contractor has just installed a Network Accessible Storage device
> (DLink DNS-323). We can see this from all computers on our wireless network.
>
> I want to create our BCM database on the NAS so that all people on site can
> access it. We are also planning to set up a VPN to allow our offsite staff
> access to the BCM database.
>
> My problem is that BCM cannot see the NAS. Indeed when you are setting up a
> new database there does not seem to be a browse capability to allow you to
> set it up anywhere other than your local hard drive.

There is a newsgroup specifically for BCM.  Ask there.
microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

create a roster

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

XLS file assocation issue
When I goto Associate a file type for a specific extension, it has it associated to Wordpad when it should be Excel. However, I am not able to change it as the "Always Use the selected program to open" is grayed out and I can't get it be selectable. How do I do it so I can associate the file type to always for Excel. Please advise. I wouldn't work with the associations to start. Instead, I'd let excel try to do it for me. Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserve...

Task Create - Status

ms ACCESS 97 error 2645
The error occurs at: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CalcRate(frm As Form) Dim Mydb As Database, Myset As Recordset, Cd As String, Intrp As String Dim IRR As Currency, IAHR As Currency, ITR As Currency, Strcriteriaint As String Set Mydb = CurrentDb Set Myset = Mydb.OpenRecordset("LangRate", DB_OPEN_DYNASET) >>>>> Cd = frm.Lang_C <<<<<<<<< The exact error is : Run-Time Error 2465 Application-defined or object-defined error See whether using Cd = frm!Lang_C is any better. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

Create external database

Access Denied error while edit some of the GPOs in Windows 2003 AD
Hi We are unable to edit some of the GPOs (Default Domain Policy, etc) and getting Access Denied error. We checked the permission of SYSVOL folder and found Administrators (Domain), System and Authenticated Users have full control share permissions. Full access has been provided to Administrators, creator owner & System and read & execute permission has been provided to Authenticated users in Security tab. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue and also any doc is available to check the correct permissions with SYSVOL. Thanks in advance for help Regards Lal -...

Accesing an Access Databse from Excel
Please, how can I access an Access database through ODBC from VBA. Where an I find the documentation needed. Best regards, Alexandru TUDOSE First, you don't necessarily need to use VBA to bring data into Excel from a database, whether from Access or another DBMS. Two easy ways are to use a pivot table (Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report, and specify External Data Source in the wizard's first step; then, follow the prompts), or Data | Import External Data | New Database Query. Some of these menu items will differ according to the version of Excel you're using. The pivot t...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

How to access Excel forum through Outlook Express
How does one access the Microsoft Excel forum through Outlook Express. Tools>accounts>add>news, your name, email (most use a bogus email to protect from spammers), then in step 3 under servers use msnews.microsoft.com then finish when you close it will download the different newsgroups and there you can select the excel groups you want to subscribe to. Most people that I know who have used newsgroups for a long time dislike OE since it is (albeit easy to use) rather limited as a newsreader -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Kenny Dee" <Kenny...

Access unable to create an MDE

"Ask always before opening this file type" cannot be unchecked
Windows Vista Ultimate, Outlook 2007, no Google desktop installed The following issue: When trying to open or save an attachment (word, excel, powerpoint), you get a dialogue box asking whether you want to save/open the file. In the last line, there is a checkbox "Ask always before opening this file type". This checkbox is gray, and cannot be unchecked (view here: http://www.poetzsch-consulting.de/test/Nachfrage.jpg). Strange enough, this issue ocurrs with all attachments, except pdfs. For pdfs, for instance, the box can be unchecked. How the box can be made accessable? Any c...