Control ID for Outlook Purge Outlook 2007

I am try to create a policy using administrative temples.  The software is
Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003.  I retain emails that have been
removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days.  I want to prevent users
from purging those emails.  In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID to
create a custom disable group policy.  For some reason, nobody seems to know
the control ID.  Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook 2003
does not seem to work.

Does anyone know the control ID?

Is it in the list?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4329D9E9-4D11-46A5-898D-23E4F331E9AE&displaylang=en

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"jonclaridatacorp" <jonclaridatacorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E36CDF8F-C9E1-4ADC-AD43-055C11200B3D@microsoft.com...
> I am try to create a policy using administrative temples.  The software is
> Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003.  I retain emails that have been
> removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days.  I want to prevent
> users
> from purging those emails.  In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID
> create a custom disable group policy.  For some reason, nobody seems to
> know
> the control ID.  Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook
> 2003
> does not seem to work.
>
> Does anyone know the control ID?

0
Diane

rights for dropdown control ....
Hi, I have created an dropdown control in contacts form. and i have 2 items in the dropdown list. now when user1 logs in i want to show only the 1st item in the dropdown control or i should able to disable the control. but when user2 logs in i should show all the items in the dropdown control. Now how to hide dropdown items according to users ? Regards, Your not going to be able to do this Richard without a major rewrite of the code. "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68b0f2fd.0402110148.7039756b@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I have cre...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Custom Control vs. Owner Draw Control?
Hi Custom Draw, Owner Draw, Custom Control, Owner Draw Control... Overriding DrawItem() Method, Overriding OnPaint() Method, OnCustomDraw() Method, WM_CTLCOLOR Handler, adding custom control which is in toolbox and "Custom Control DLL"... I started to search control development in MFC to learn how to write (stylish)controls but it seems that it will be difficult and confused... I have basic 2 questions, if you help me to find answers i will be very glad. 1-) In Terminology, are "custom control" and "owner draw control" same things? If not, i understand th...

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

ActiveX Control in Word
Hello, I have a couple of issues with an activex control developed in MFC targeted for Office. In Powerpoint, when the user right clicks on my control and selects "Edit", my control starts receiving mouse and keyboard input, since it becomes active. However, in Word when the user selects Edit, the control does not recive any input. But if I click the design toggle button in the Control toolbar, the control goes active and recives input. I would like my control to be activated in Word the same way as it gets activated in Powerpoint, is this possible? The second issue is, when...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

How to force a control to update itself on screen?
This may sound like a very basic question, but I have a loop that runs, and I want to update a CEdit onscreen in each loop iteration. Unfortunately, when I do this in the code the screen is not affected until I get out of the loop. Is there a way to force a screen update? Thanks in advance. If your CEdit control has an ID of IDC_EDIT_BOX, then the following will update the control immediately: CString txt; char moretext[32]; int ival = 8; txt = "Some Stuff" SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_BOX, txt); sprintf(moretext,"I've counted to %d", ival); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT...

GDI+ and ActiveX controls in MFC
Hello, I am working with GDI+ and MFC in VC++ 6.0 The initialization codes for GDI+ library is working fine for windows application. But its behaviour in ActiveX control is unexpected, sometimes initializes and sometime not. In both, Windows application and ActiveXcontrol, I included the code to initialize and uninitialize the GDI+ library in Application class's ("App" class derived from CWinApp) InitInstance() and ExitInstance() member functions respectively. Hoping to get a reply soon, TIA, Jahfer V P Try to do it after InitInstance and before ExitInstance. You can...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail