Control ID for Outlook Purge Outlook 2007

I am try to create a policy using administrative temples.  The software is
Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003.  I retain emails that have been
removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days.  I want to prevent users
from purging those emails.  In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID to
create a custom disable group policy.  For some reason, nobody seems to know
the control ID.  Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook 2003
does not seem to work.

Does anyone know the control ID?

Is it in the list?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4329D9E9-4D11-46A5-898D-23E4F331E9AE&displaylang=en

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"jonclaridatacorp" <jonclaridatacorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E36CDF8F-C9E1-4ADC-AD43-055C11200B3D@microsoft.com...
> I am try to create a policy using administrative temples.  The software is
> Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003.  I retain emails that have been
> removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days.  I want to prevent
> users
> from purging those emails.  In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID
> create a custom disable group policy.  For some reason, nobody seems to
> know
> the control ID.  Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook
> 2003
> does not seem to work.
>
> Does anyone know the control ID?

0
Diane

Which version of S/MIME does Outlook XP use?
Hi Does anybody know what version of S/MIME Outlook XP uses? I think it is v. 3, and that Outlook 2000 uses v.2. Can anybody confirm this? I am writing a delphi application that sends signed, encrypted messages through Outlook. My client's email client cannot decrypt messages that come from Outlook XP. However, it can decrypt messages sent through Outlook 2000. He says that it fails because the content-type on the messages sent through Outlook XP is 'application/pkcs7-mime' instead of 'application/x-pkcs7-mime'. Is this because Outlook XP uses S/MIME version 3, instead of...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Re: recommend outlook express spam blcker please
I'll recommend Letterman Spam Control download at: http://www.whatlink.com/ C.J. Martin "Smith" <w596@mailme.com> wrote in message news:<27609.18512091@bs01>... > Hello all! > I am trying searching for outlook spam filter softwares. > Any good advice? > > Thanks, > VeS. ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Once again...Netscape to Outlook
Hi All, I have read all the help related pages and all the posts about converting Netscape 7 mail to Outlook through Eudora, through Netscape 3, and through outlook express,...and guess what it still didn't work...I really would love to you Outlook because I find it a lot better then Netscape. When I try to import the messages into Outlook Express it tells me that there are no messages, or that another program is using the necessary files. When I try to import into Microsoft Outlook, it gives no error message, but instead tells me it imported 0 messages, 0 addresses, and 0 dist...

Chinese problem with Outlook 2007 Gateway 400SD4 Service Pack 1(?
The computer is used from China so the language on there was Chinese. Now when I first signed onto Outlook I got this automatic Upgrade instruction. But the language of the Upgrade was Chinese. And then when I guessed and clicked on the right place it said it wouldn't install because I changed most of the languages to English. (I am not writing this on my Gateway 400SD4 because the New Question popup box won't show up there.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

slow outlook #2
hello. im using outlook 2002 at office and at home, in office my otlook is very slow even there are less emails and contacts in. other hand, outlook at home has lots of emails and contacts its working fine. the interesting thing is my home computer slower than the office. why my outlook at office is very slow? (i did all the crithical office updates) thanks Tolga Try going to Tools -> Options -> Other and turning off Instant Messaging integration. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "t...

outlook or ISP?
Our bulk mails keep bouncing with this: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Spring Teams Sent: 19/09/2005 5:09 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Bill Powell on 19/09/2005 5:10 PM 452 Too many recipients Looks like the ISP (Bigpond in Australia) but note we did not have this problem before switching from OE to Outlook. Derrick ISP. Bigpond place quite a few restrictions on email. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Trumps - Derrick Browne" <trumps@trumps.net.au> wrote in message news:E6OXe.416$0E5.210@news-server.bigpond.net...

Outlook 2007 (not responding)
When I first open Outlook 2007 it works fine but as it gets used it continues to slow down and I get (not responding) whenever I try to do anything. If I close it down and restart it, then it works fine again for a while. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem? Does this happen even if you start Outlook in Safe Mode? (hold down CTRL while you click the icon) See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.html#safe -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/ou...

how import my addrerss book from my msn acount,to my outlook
thank you What format does the MSN account support for export? If one of the supported file types in Outlook, then use that one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, Osvaldo asked: | thank you ...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

PHP, HTML-Email, Outlook 2003 broken into plain text
Problem: When sending an email to a outlook client from a page I created in PHP the users gets the email in broken code "plain text". What Ive Tried: 1. Read all standard mail in plain text IS NOT CHECKED. Wanted to establish this right off the bat. 2. Outlook receives other html emails fine. 3. If I send the email to a yahoo or hotmail etc client they get the email fine. Basically when I send to a outlook client they get it in plain text. I have a network of 144 comps and all of them have the same results. If I send the same email to my yahoo account I can see the html fine. I a...

event ID 9234
I have a strange event ID I've been unable to find any information on: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: RFR Interface Event ID: 9234 Date: 11/19/2004 Time: 8:20:49 AM User: N/A Computer: BCCEX0101 Description: Referral Interface was not able to find an msExchExchangeServer object with legacyExchangeDN '/o=Collier County Gov./ou=ITDOMAIN/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=CWW1' in the Active Directory. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Why this concerns me is because 'CWW1' is the name of our old...

Outlook looking for incorrect server
Hello, I have a strange problem. My connection times out and I get the box that says that outlook is looking for my server, but the wrong server name is listed. My Outlook client is configured to access the correct server, but it tries to connect to the AD Controller, using the fully qualified domain name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Jeff "Jeff Brooks-Manas" <support@nospam.rmcengr.com> wrote: >I have a strange problem. My connection times out and I get the box that >says that outlook is looking for my server, but the wrong server name is >listed. My...

outlook email attachments
word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges The above error message is occuring on a users computer when he attempts to open a word or excel attachment directly from an outlook email message. This is occuring on only some Word and Excel attachments, not all. Other Word and Excel document attachments open directly from the Outlook emal message without any problem. When the user saves the attachment to his desktop, the documents open properly. Others in my office are able to open these attachments from outlook without any problems. snelson@marakon.com <snelson@marako...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Outlook freezes when switching keyboard layouts
I use on Office 2007 on an XP machine at work. I frequently need to write in French, so I added the French keyboard layout. However, when I try to switch between the US English keyboard and the French standard keyboard, Outlook 'freezes up'. The only solution is to shut it down using Task Manager and I lose whatever e-mail I was working on. I can switch back and forth between languages in any other program with no problems at all. Any solutions? ...

Outlook quoting
Please make Outlook's quoting attributable to the author of the quote so that it's easier to identify multiple authors in a thread. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=eae503d...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Complex Outlook rules
I'd like to put files that have (xxx) anywhere in the subject into the folder named "xxx", regardless if they were received or sent by me. xxx could be any 3 digit number, e.g. 237 or 450 or 007. Without having to write 999 separate rules, is there perhaps a way to do this programatically. Or is there perhaps a way programatically to write the 999 rules? Thanks, JimPS I have OL2003 You could, in theory, do it as one rule with a "run a script" rule = action. Such actions use not an external script but a VBA procedure with = a MailItem or MeetingItem as its parameter...

Office 2007 forms

problems reading email
I have a yahoo email account sychronized to Outlook. =20 Several bizarre things are happening: Occasional emails from Lotus Notes users appear as=20 garbled text (like this for example: = azj'{+hj&#1874;'$Vz)&#52585;ej&#1576;j. &#1832;^j&#485;z&#1630; ). The emails when read using the web interface = (yahoo, internet explorer) are fine. Emails sent to one site (again Lotus Notes) in particular=20 are switching the Sender and Receiver - they come back to=20 me as if from the other person, but it is just my=20 original message. This happens only sporadically ...

adding new identity to outlook
I have successfully added an account to outlook, but an now attempting to add my husband as a new identity. I thought that I did this correct but when I sent a test email, it came to my mailbox. I believe that the problem lies with the incoming POP3 server info. and the out going SMTP server info. For my account I typed in the incoming server pop.cox.west.net and the outgoing as SMTP.cox.west.net. Because this is the second identity, do I need to add a "1" to this info.? I am so frustrated, can anyone help with this? I have exhausted the Help Menu! Thank you! what v...