Connector and Outlook 2003

I've been using Connector with my Outlook 2003 and MSN account since last
summer with no problems till I changed my pw the other day. It seemed to stop
working completely. Removed connector, reinstalled, repaired, got mad, gave
up and now I'm here cause I hate using 2 different programs for my email
(using Live Mail now for MSN and Outlook for gmail and work email). When I
try to add the MSN to Outlook, I get an error that says "The Requested
Operation Failed" and when I try to add it through Outlook Connector by
hitting "Add a New Account", it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Is the add-in perhaps listed as disabled?
Help-> About...-> Disabled Items...

Tried removing the account already, restarting Outlook and then adding it
back via Tools-> E-mail Accounts...?
When you get prompted for the type of account, select Other to be able to
choose an Outlook Connector account.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"SE" <SE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been using Connector with my Outlook 2003 and MSN account since last
> summer with no problems till I changed my pw the other day. It seemed to
> stop
> working completely. Removed connector, reinstalled, repaired, got mad,
> gave
> up and now I'm here cause I hate using 2 different programs for my email
> (using Live Mail now for MSN and Outlook for gmail and work email). When I
> try to add the MSN to Outlook, I get an error that says "The Requested
> Operation Failed" and when I try to add it through Outlook Connector by
> hitting "Add a New Account", it doesn't do anything.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Roady
1/24/2010 9:09:39 AM
Hey Robert, it's not in the disabaled list and I can't add the msn account
under tools -> email accounts. If I use "other", the "next" button is greyed
and won't let me hit it. When trying to use the "additional server types" way
to add it, the Outlook Connector option says it's not fully configured...

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Is the add-in perhaps listed as disabled?
> Help-> About...-> Disabled Items...
>
> Tried removing the account already, restarting Outlook and then adding it
> back via Tools-> E-mail Accounts...?
> When you get prompted for the type of account, select Other to be able to
> choose an Outlook Connector account.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "SE" <SE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been using Connector with my Outlook 2003 and MSN account since last
> > summer with no problems till I changed my pw the other day. It seemed to
> > stop
> > working completely. Removed connector, reinstalled, repaired, got mad,
> > gave
> > up and now I'm here cause I hate using 2 different programs for my email
> > (using Live Mail now for MSN and Outlook for gmail and work email). When I
> > try to add the MSN to Outlook, I get an error that says "The Requested
> > Operation Failed" and when I try to add it through Outlook Connector by
> > hitting "Add a New Account", it doesn't do anything.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> .

Uninstall the Outlook Connector and rename extend.dat to .old. Afterwards,
reinstall the latest version of the Outlook Connector again.
To locate your extend.dat file see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

--

> Hey Robert, it's not in the disabaled list and I can't add the msn account
> under tools -> email accounts. If I use "other", the "next" button is
> greyed
> and won't let me hit it. When trying to use the "additional server types"
> way
> to add it, the Outlook Connector option says it's not fully configured...
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is the add-in perhaps listed as disabled?
>> Help-> About...-> Disabled Items...
>>
>> Tried removing the account already, restarting Outlook and then adding it
>> back via Tools-> E-mail Accounts...?
>> When you get prompted for the type of account, select Other to be able to
>> choose an Outlook Connector account.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "SE" <SE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've been using Connector with my Outlook 2003 and MSN account since
>> > last
>> > summer with no problems till I changed my pw the other day. It seemed
>> > stop
>> > working completely. Removed connector, reinstalled, repaired, got mad,
>> > gave
>> > up and now I'm here cause I hate using 2 different programs for my
>> > email
>> > (using Live Mail now for MSN and Outlook for gmail and work email).
>> > When I
>> > try to add the MSN to Outlook, I get an error that says "The Requested
>> > Operation Failed" and when I try to add it through Outlook Connector by
>> > hitting "Add a New Account", it doesn't do anything.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> .

0
Roady
1/24/2010 10:43:57 PM
Nope... still no luck.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall the Outlook Connector and rename extend.dat to .old. Afterwards,
> reinstall the latest version of the Outlook Connector again.
> To locate your extend.dat file see;
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "SE" <SE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey Robert, it's not in the disabaled list and I can't add the msn account
> > under tools -> email accounts. If I use "other", the "next" button is
> > greyed
> > and won't let me hit it. When trying to use the "additional server types"
> > way
> > to add it, the Outlook Connector option says it's not fully configured...
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Is the add-in perhaps listed as disabled?
> >> Help-> About...-> Disabled Items...
> >>
> >> Tried removing the account already, restarting Outlook and then adding it
> >> back via Tools-> E-mail Accounts...?
> >> When you get prompted for the type of account, select Other to be able to
> >> choose an Outlook Connector account.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> >> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> >>
> >> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> >> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> >>
> >> -----
> >>
> >> "SE" <SE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

In that case I would try it with a completely new mail profile.
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--

> Nope... still no luck.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall the Outlook Connector and rename extend.dat to .old.
>> Afterwards,
>> reinstall the latest version of the Outlook Connector again.
>> To locate your extend.dat file see;
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "SE" <SE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey Robert, it's not in the disabaled list and I can't add the msn
>> > account
>> > under tools -> email accounts. If I use "other", the "next" button is
>> > greyed
>> > and won't let me hit it. When trying to use the "additional server
>> > types"
>> > way
>> > to add it, the Outlook Connector option says it's not fully
>> > configured...

>> .

0
Roady

Outlook not syncing and can't add e-mail accounts
I have outlook 2002 and recently had to reinstall my operating system which is XP Home. Since then Outlook hasn't been working properly. I can't sync it with my Pocket PC (which uses the latest operating system, Pocket PC 2003 I believe) and I can't add POP3 email accounts for it to access. The syncing problem is due to Outlook and not the Pocket PC device (HP ipaq 2215) nor active sync as the device and my PC do communicate...I just can't sync the info on my device with Outlook. Also, when trying to add an e-mail account for it to access using the tools menu and ...

Outlook 2007 Back up Utility Error
I downloaded the Back up Utility. I used the 2003 back up utility without any trouble. Now with 2007 I set the new options to save the file in a location on my servier. It goes through the process and ignores my new location and It states: The folder does not exist. Do you want to create this folder. I do not want that folder. It I say create it, if just quits, skip it, it quits, cancel it, it quits. How can I change this instruction? Under File>Backup>Options.......select the personal folder you wish to backup, then use browse to the location Btn "Steve J...

How do you build and Share an Outlook 2002 Distrbution List
How do you build an email distribution list on one computer, and then email that same distribution list to another computer? (Computers are not currently networked ...

Pop3 Connector
Somebody knows how can I get the results of pop3 connector for Small Business in the exchange 2000 server? I want to get messages from external ISP and distribute for internal exchange accounts. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306802 http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp_diatribe.htm Alexandre wrote: > Somebody knows how can I get the results of pop3 connector for Small Business in the exchange 2000 server? > I want to get messages from external ISP and distribute for internal exchange accounts. ...

CONVERT function for Excel 2003
I was trying to format time in decimals to days:hours:mins format. While using microsoft excel 2003 help, they said to use CONVERT funtion for the same. But there isnt any CONVERT funtion in the Inset menu>funtions, in excel 2003. I tried for the same on Excel 2003 installed in other computers as well to confirm, but they didnt have it either. Could anyone explain why? And how could I install the CONVERT funtion on to my Excel 2003? Hi Time is stored as fractions of a day (24 hours). So to convert your data, with decimals hours in cell A1, enter in B1 =A1/24 and format B1 ...

Calendar reminders in Outlook
Hi, I've created a second calendar at work. The main calendar is for my routine daily/weekly/monthly appointments and meetings. The second calendar is for the milestones of my projects. It works great with the exception of reminders. The reminders don't seem to work with the secondary calendar. Is there a way to turn on reminders for the secondary calendar? And a second question. I have an Excel worksheet that I also use that holds all the dates of my projects (although it sounds like duplication of effort, they both really serve separate purposes). Is there a way to tie the d...

Publisher 2003 design and code window
There was a small tab at bottom of the window that allowed me to switch between design and code edit. I don't know what I did but it's disappeared, and i can't get it back. Anyone has any idea how do I get that tab back again? That was FrontPage, not Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tenchi" <tenchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A8C4A2D-BD18-4EC8-BA0E-4BAC6E05856B@microsoft.com... > There was a small tab at bottom of the window that allowed me to switch > between design and code edit. I don't know what...

Outlook Connector what is the latest version?
I've been trying to install Outlook Connector 12.1. I've been having problems installing, when I do a Outlook Connector/About Outlook Connector the version reported is Microsoft® Office Outlook® Connector ( 12.0.6414.1000 ) is that 12.1? MonroeCheeseman, you wrote on Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:30:01 -0800: > I've been trying to install Outlook Connector 12.1. I've been having > problems installing, when I do a Outlook Connector/About Outlook Connector > the version reported is > > Microsoft� Office Outlook� Connector ( 12.0.6414.1000 ) > &g...

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync with PPC2002
hi every one . i cant make ActiveSync to work with my PPC2002 Moblie phone , i have found some WhitePapaers that telling the basics but not more then that ! . im trying to do it localy with the USB cradle for the time being i always get error Messages like : " INTERNET_29" " COMMGR_36 " and " 0X8450000 any help will be more then welcome !! Thanks Ahead Dani This is usually caused by connectivity issues or not having an SSL certificate installed on the server. Check out this article: 318883 XCCC: "Synchronization failed" Error Message Occurs with an I...

Access Outlook Via the Internet
Does anyone know how I could set up my PC to always be on so that I can access my Outlook email via the internet if I have a cable highspeed connection? Thanks! Are you saying that you want remote access to your computer over the Internet? Can I have your bank account information as well? Oh, and your mother's maiden name just to make it easier for me to use all of the information I will get from your machine. No, just kidding. If you need access to your Outlook mail, you must be using an Exchange server and Outlook Web Access. This assumes that you are in a corporate environment ...

Romve Third Party Connector from Exchange 5.5
Hi everyone, My platform is Win NT4 SP6 and exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone please let me know the procedure to remove GoldFax connector from exchange because I am getting replication errors with the eventid 2037. Thanks in advance. You probably need to remove the extensions from your recipient container(s) in Exchange Admin raw mode unless the applicaiton has an uninstall routine. I strongly recommend contacting the vendor directly for instructions on how to do this. Hacking the product out of Exchange could leave your organization in a non-operational state and would likely require a...

Can't send via outlook 2003 or outlook express 6, but can send to newsgroups
Hi, I started this thread a while ago, using the name Mike Hollywood, because I was on the laptop. I'm on the tower now, and I have the same problem, but a different name. I can receive emails, but I can't send them, yet the newsgroup client is able to send to the newsgroup server. ??? I cancelled Comcast, and got Verizon today. With all the comcast accounts gone, and new Verizon accounts, it's the same story. Can receive, but not send. So it wasn't comcast. It's something here that's peculiar to both email clients, Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2003. They work...

recieve email from in office outlook vs outlook express
How do I get my email to go to my microsoft office 2003 email vs to my outlook express email? "kwj86" <kwj86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1CF1186-8826-4751-867C-0014F7556C1E@microsoft.com... > How do I get my email to go to my microsoft office 2003 email vs to my > outlook express email? Configure OL2003 to use your e-mail account, and stop checking for e-mail in OE (you can either disable checking in OE, or just delete the e-mail account). How do you configure OL2003 to be email account w/o deleting it? "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"...

Configuring Outlook 2003
Can anyone help me? My Exchange server (5.5) email domain is not the same as my Active Directory domain name. Whenever I try to open Outlook 2003, it adds the wrong suffix to the "exchange server name" and will not resolve (folder cannot be opened error). The MS site doesn't appear to have any help yet... Ta Oliver Dunning ...

outlook organize
I have used outlook for many years and have numerous email folders plus I imported a pst and got a lot of duplicates. Is there a function like the internet explorer organize favorites? If not can I export to excel? rond-nh "rond-nh" <rondnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7679318-36A1-4DBF-A7C6-CED48BA94826@microsoft.com... >I have used outlook for many years and have numerous email folders plus > I imported a pst and got a lot of duplicates. There are duplicate removers available here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail_duplic...

Outlook remote procedure call fail
Hi Can someone please help... When useing outlook2002 with sbs server2000 when u try to send mail outlook hangs or if you create new mail and use the to button to lookup the address book for a name an error accurs "THE REMOTE PROCEDURE CALL FAILED" Also i found by deleting the profile and creating a new one it works fine untill outlook is closed and un reopening the same error comes up. Any thougts you might have would be great Thanks ...

Can't open Outlook '07 successfully to change configuration
I am unable to open Microsoft Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 successfully as when I open it starts a chain of message box that with any option I select eventually closes Outlook. Below are messages I receive. Message box reads “Configuring Outlook” Configuring Outlook Accounts “Connecting to Microsoft Exchange” Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Retry Work Offline Cancel Choosing any of these 3 options is a “dead end” as: “Retry” - just loops endlessly back to the same message “Work Offline” – selecting this then prompts a message box that reads “Cannot open your defau...

Outlook wont open, process running
I have a similar problem to one posted 22/7/08 solved by Alias but mine still happens. MS Outlook continues running as a process when terminated as shown by Task Manager; it disappears from the Applications tab but remains under the Processes tab. If Outlook is reloaded, two copies appear under Processes (albeit the second with only small memory usage) but nothing under Applications. If the two copies are killed (End Process in Task Manager) and Outlook is then reloaded again, I'm informed that Outlook failed to load properly and do I want it loading in Safe Mode now. Outlook loads succ...

I cannot open my outlook
Everytime I click onto my Microsoft Outlook or try to open the program via "START>PROGRAMS" I get the following messages; First small window opens and tells me "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again." I cklick on OK Next message says; "Would you like to open your default File System Folder instead? If I click on "NO", Outlook window closes completely. If I click on "YES" the following message opens; MICROSOFT VISUAL C++RUNTIME LIBRARY "Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE10\OUT...

OWA Public Folder Calendar different than full Outlook Public Cale
On EX2K3 we have a public folder with appointments that show up on different days from when we open up PF using full Outlook. Has anyone seen this yet? All our clients are on Outlook 2003. thanks, chris "=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=" <chris.perry@webasto-us.com> wrote in news:191CBCAF-43E4-47AB-9EC0-BD65492ECAC9@microsoft.com: > On EX2K3 we have a public folder with appointments that show up on > different days from when we open up PF using full Outlook. Has anyone > seen this yet? All our clients are on Outlook 2003. Time zone settings are the same across server and...

how do i get my personal folders from yahoo to outlook?
i am trying to get my personal folders from my sbc yahoo acct. to my microsoft oulook and also leave a copy of the folders on my yahoo acct. jkelik wrote: > i am trying to get my personal folders from my sbc yahoo acct. to my > microsoft oulook and also leave a copy of the folders on my yahoo > acct. You'll have to ask Yahoo what export formats they support....... i went to yahoo,right clicked on one of the folders itself it gave me an option to send to microsoft excel i did that but now i cant get it from excel to outlook. "Gordon" wrote: > jkelik wrote: &...

Excel 2003 crashing on File > Close
Hi! Has anyone else experienced persistent crashing (messages to Microsof et al) when closing down a workbook using File>Close? It seems to happen only with one particular workbook (or family o versions of same) but I can't see any obvious culprit. There's VBA i there and plenty of UDFs but I first used it without such problems 1/ years ago. The combined updating of the workbook, the OS and Exce seems to have induced a nervous breakdown! (In the PC, I hasten to add not the poster) I can't replicate it with other workbooks so far. I'm using Windows XP with SP2 and Exce...

Outlook hangs Terminal server
HI i have installed OfficeXP on a Windows2000 terminal server in application mode. All applications run perfectly except for Outlook which frequently slows down dramatically or even completely hangs. any ideas on what may cause this when Word, Excel etc run with no problems at all thanks Mike ...

Connectors...
Is there any way to manually remove connectors? I originally migrated from Novell Groupwise to Exchange quite a while ago, but the following connectors remain within the System Manager and I can't figure out how to remove them: Connector for Novell Groupwise Calendar Connector Thanx. version of Exchange? "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:850F46A7-505D-4130-AE22-24627C6687BF@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to manually remove connectors? > > I originally migrated from Novell Groupwise to Exchange quite a whi...

Outlook options not showing up for user
I am in the process of training and testing with our CRM 3.0. I have installed either the laptop client or the desktop client on the user's machines. For training purposes I have also installed CRM on our training room pc's. I set the user's Outlook for that particular pc and then installed CRM with the user logged on, but I ran the installation under run as. The installation seemed to go fine, yet the user's cannot see and folders or menu when they launch their Outlook. The can get to it in the web environment though. Any ideas on why this has happened and what I can d...