Confirm before sending?

I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on a
regular basis.    They would actually like confirmation before sending any
e-mail.

I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply it
as I know NOTHING about VB
 -
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim intRes As Integer
Dim strMsg As String
strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?"
intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ")
If intRes = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

0
boe

Open the VBA editor (alt+f11), ensure you see the project explorer (ctrl+r),
double click the "ThisOutlookSession" module to open it, paste the code into
that module.

If the code won't be executed, check the security settings in Outlook
(Tools/Macros/Security).

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:59:49 -0700 schrieb boe:

> I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on
> regular basis.    They would actually like confirmation before sending any
> e-mail.
>
> I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply
it
> as I know NOTHING about VB
>  -
> Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
> Dim intRes As Integer
> Dim strMsg As String
> strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?"
> intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ")
> If intRes = vbNo Then
> Cancel = True
> End If
> End Sub
0
Michael
4/3/2010 12:14:22 PM
Thanks!   - How do I uninstall it?

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message

> Open the VBA editor (alt+f11), ensure you see the project explorer
> (ctrl+r),
> double click the "ThisOutlookSession" module to open it, paste the code
> into
> that module.
>
> If the code won't be executed, check the security settings in Outlook
> (Tools/Macros/Security).
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>  Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>  SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>

> Am Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:59:49 -0700 schrieb boe:
>
>> I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on
>> regular basis.    They would actually like confirmation before sending
>> any
>> e-mail.
>>
>> I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply
> it
>> as I know NOTHING about VB
>>  -
>> Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
>> Dim intRes As Integer
>> Dim strMsg As String
>> strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?"
>> intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ")
>> If intRes = vbNo Then
>> Cancel = True
>> End If
>> End Sub

0
boe
4/3/2010 3:27:20 PM

Hm, one option is to remove Outlook or even the entire Office and make a
clean installation of it. Another one, which I'd prefer, is to just delete
the code you had pasted as descriped.

--

Am Sat, 3 Apr 2010 08:27:20 -0700 schrieb boe:

> Thanks!   - How do I uninstall it?
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>

>> Open the VBA editor (alt+f11), ensure you see the project explorer
>> (ctrl+r),
>> double click the "ThisOutlookSession" module to open it, paste the code
>> into
>> that module.
>>
>> If the code won't be executed, check the security settings in Outlook
>> (Tools/Macros/Security).
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>  Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>>  SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>>

>> Am Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:59:49 -0700 schrieb boe:
>>
>>> I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them
on
>>> regular basis.    They would actually like confirmation before sending
>>> any
>>> e-mail.
>>>
>>> I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply
>> it
>>> as I know NOTHING about VB
>>>  -
>>> Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As
Boolean)
>>> Dim intRes As Integer
>>> Dim strMsg As String
>>> strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?"
>>> intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ")
>>> If intRes = vbNo Then
>>> Cancel = True
>>> End If
>>> End Sub
0
Michael
4/4/2010 11:50:28 AM
Thanks - just open alt f11 to delete the code?

> Hm, one option is to remove Outlook or even the entire Office and make a
> clean installation of it. Another one, which I'd prefer, is to just delete
> the code you had pasted as descriped.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>  Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>  SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>

> Am Sat, 3 Apr 2010 08:27:20 -0700 schrieb boe:
>
>> Thanks!   - How do I uninstall it?
>>
>> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Open the VBA editor (alt+f11), ensure you see the project explorer
>>> (ctrl+r),
>>> double click the "ThisOutlookSession" module to open it, paste the code
>>> into
>>> that module.
>>>
>>> If the code won't be executed, check the security settings in Outlook
>>> (Tools/Macros/Security).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>>  Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>>>  SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>>>  <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>

> on

>>> it
> Boolean)

0
boe

reading confirmation

Confirm before sending?
I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on a regular basis. They would actually like confirmation before sending any e-mail. I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply it as I know NOTHING about VB - Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim intRes As Integer Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?" intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ") If intRes = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End Sub ...

Recycle Bin confirm message
I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but has been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry cleaning. On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get the confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message. Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how else to stop it? ms check Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>> Restart Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart it s...

Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as information that i found from searching other post and still the user gets the message when trying to send as the other user: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system adminis...

Sending mail problem
Hi there, when i try to send a mail from CRM gives me an error "Unspecified error" i installed Exchange server on the same machine and it's working ...

Immediate Outlook Help-Sending messages
Hello Everyone, My outlook was working fine until about 3 weeks ago when it decided to stop allowing me to send messages out. This actually happened before and I had to uninstall my operating system and re install to get it to work. Well, I really don't want to go through that again. Something appears to be blocking it's access. I can receive messages but, can not respond. I receive the following error message: Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact ...

Sending local or to the internet
Hello, I am totally new to windows 2003 and exchange server. When I installed the system the first time it asked me for the domain name and so forth. So I put let's say "mydomain.com" (as an example). Now we also have a registered domain "mydomain.com" and our primary mailboxes are hosted by our ISP. I download the messages using the pop3 connector. Now let's say I have two users. One named john who has an account on exchange and mike who does not. When someone tries to send john an email (john@mydomain.com), the emails goes through because john is on exchange, bu...

Not able to send email directly from CRM...
Using MS CRM 3.0 on SQL 2005. Email Router is installed on Exchange Server 2003. When I send an email from CRM, it goes to History record with Email ID however it is not actually transmitted to the recipient. We can however send the email through Outlook and track the email to CRM. Can anyone give a clue why we are not able to send email directly from CRM interface. We must be missing something. Can someone please help me in resolving this issue? We are not able to send email from CRM. Tia did you configure your SMTP settings when you did the crm install? Has email never worked or has...

Move confirm
How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion??? Have moved files by mistake! -- palm32 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ palm32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/59496.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1336786.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:15:03 -0500, palm32 <palm32.4awypb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote: > >How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion??? >Have moved files by mistake! How did you manage " by mistake " ? ...

How to send attached urls?
Have been in the habit of sending urls by using 'mail to' from IE. No problem at all doing this in OE, but O, very irritatingly blocks them, and there seems to be no way I can find to take 'URL' off the blocked list - despite a pop up that says 'send anyway' and then does not let me send! Files remain unitalicised in the outbox, until the message with the url plainly in view, has been copied to a new mail and sent again. The attachment is presumably still there even when there is no pane given from which one can delete it: unlike in OE, where one sees it plainly...

Send email from different user.
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the email so that I can send an email from different CRM user while I am logged in as myself in CRM (make it look like it's coming from another user like I can can do in outlook) If you use Direct E-mail (Actions > Direct E-mail), with an E-mail template, you can do this. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the email so that I can send >an email from different CRM user while I am logged in as myself in CRM (make >it look like it's coming from another user like I can can do in...

eConnect and Getting Sales Order Confirmation out of Great Plains
Hi. I am using Biztalk 2004 and eConnect 8.0 to send Sales Orders (ie. trading partner purchase orders) into Great Plains. This much eConnect make easy. But the trading partner would like back (within 24hrs) a confirmation indicating line item status (accepted/rejected/pending). Things get harder at this point. (Although familiar with Biztalk I am inexperienced with eConnect and Great Plains.) I think I need to use the Requester Service. This will setup the indicated triggers and shadow tables. After that I might need the outgoing message service to pick up the new/modified rows from s...

Alternating e-mail adresses when sending
A couple of our users need to be able to work under two different company names. We have set them up with both e-mail addresses, but in order to change sending address we are currently changing the primary e-mail address in AD (e-mail account info). Using "change recipient" only partly solves the problem since this will ensure the correct reply address, but not the appropriate sender address. If any of you have ideas to how we best set this up your help will be greatly appreciated Kim You know, it would really help the troubleshooting process if you post your version of Out...

virus sending a "ghost" message
Hello, I suspect a virus is trying to send a "ghost" message (one that is not visible in my Outbox - or anywhere else). I know it because I use multiple ISPs, with their corresponding e-mail accounts, and when I try to send an e- mail using one account while connected on a different ISP, I am informed that the Send task failed. So, how can I identify and get rid of this "ghost" message? Norton AntiVirus AutoProtect is unable to detect it. Thank you in advance This sounds less like a virus and more like a spam reducing technique used by your ISPs. With the massive...

cannot send encrypted mail
Hello, I am using Outlook XP (stand alone) on two pc's (one win2k and one win xp). The last days I tried to configure them for the use of digital certificates and encryption with s/mime. So far I can send signed mails, can receive signed mails and can even receive encrypted mails and can decrypt them. But I cannot send encrypted mails; on both pc's. (Once Outlook even crashed when I tried to encrypt a mail with an attachment.) Each time I try to send an encrypted mail I get the message that Outlook had problems encrypting the mail and that either the certificate is not there or inval...

Where is the e-mail 'send' button?
Windows 7 'Home Premium' with Windows Live mail Question: where is the *send* button in Windows Live Mail?? Where do you click to *send* an e-mail? There is no 'send' button on the toolbar. The only way I can send my e-mails is when I close the Windows Live Mail program, a message appears on the desktop saying.. 'you have unsent messages in your outbox, do you want to send them now'? I click on 'yes' and off they go. The 'help' file simply says 'click on send' but I cannot find that 'send' button anywhere? C...

Confirm Ship Issue
We are running GP8.0 SP5 and we have been experiencing this issue once in a while. When user clicks Confirm Ship, the header changes to Invoice but not the details. In GP, it appears as if the document has no details. I checked the database and found that only SOP10100 and SOP10112 get updated, the rest of the table still have the SOPType = 6 which is Fulfillment Order. This problems happens to everyone having access to it. Anybody ever experience this issue before? TIA, Sugih ...

Unable to send mail to mail recipient after right clicking
I need help... I am unable to send a file/message from my desktop. After I right click on a word or file doc, I go to the mail recipient and click.... NOTHING shows up. It use to show up to Microsoft Outlook and I could send/forward mail. What happenend??? How can I fix it??? In the control panel I go to the mail part and it seems that the personal folders are not there. Are they erased???? How can I get them back??? A notice that says_ outlook.pst is not there... What can I do?? ...

Send And Receive #2
I use microsoft outlook 2002 and I want to know if there is a way t have outlook receive my mail even when I dont have it open?? I have i set to send and receive every 15min even when offline but it neve notifies me that I have mail, and it doesnt even send and receive m mail till I open it. I dont understand I hear all my friends computer make a knocking sound when they get mail and they dont have outloo open, how can I make mine do this????:confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from...

Problems Sending Email
Whenever I try to send an email message, I get this error message. Server Response: '550 relaying mail to hotmail.com is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 It's just on one of my computers though. On another computer using the same email account, I'm able to send mail without errors. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jon You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided ...

Removing mail recived confirmation message
how to remove a recived mail confirmation message to outside incoming e-mail ...

Can receive but can't send email Outlook 2000
The two computers on my network, each running Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711, one a Win 98 SE and the other Win XP Pro, can receive but not send email. I've called the ISP, checked the mail server settings, reset the cable modem, firewall, reloaded Outlook without success. I can ping the mail server. I've bypassed the firewall, turned off all security and antivirus measures, and still it won't work. It started about two months ago on one computer (she now uses internet based email to avoid Outlook), and it just started on the XP machine. What do to?? PJS Err, error message...

confirmation of delivery??
Hi I want confirmation that an email has been delivered/received. In the options I checked the box for delivery confirmation. I get an email back stating: Delivery to these recipients or distribution lists is complete, but delivery notification was not sent by the destination: does that mean it was delivered-- or is there a problem that occured? -- Thank-you! Ruth It means that the message has been delivered to the mailbox on the server successfully. The notification only stresses the fact that a delivery notification cannot confirm that the message also got delive...

Sending Emails
Hi, Does anybody know a way to automatically send emails. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. HEADER /* Definition of the CMailUtility class */ #if !defined __CMAILUTILITY_H__ #define __CMAILUTILITY_H__ #include "Mapi.h" class CMailUtility { //Members public: private: HMODULE m_hMAPIDLL; LPMAPISENDMAIL m_pfnMAPISendMail; //Methods public: CMailUtility( void ); ~CMailUtility( void ); bool SendMail( char* in_szAddressTo, char* in_szSubject, char* in_szMessage, char* in_szAttachments ); private: }; #endif //__CMAILUTILITY_H__ CPP SOURCE FILE /* Implementa...

Send As permission #4
I currently display my mail with my own mailbox and say for example an Admins mailbox. If i want to send mail to someone that looks like its coming from Admins then i use the "From" field and put Admins in there. I know there is a way where you dont have to use the from field to do this, but I cant remember. If you click on the inbox of the admins mailbox and click new to send an email it will show that its from Admins. Keep in mind I am not opening the Admins mailbox by itself. My personal mailbox is open as well. Any ideas on how to not use the from box? Thanks unless you&#...