Cannot locate Outlook

I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a registered
Home and Student 2007. Outlook was there a few days ago, not now. I use Vista
and IE & OE. A friend asked for help with Outlook. I opened it a few days ago
to look it over. Yesterday I could not find it in the Office suite drop down
list or anywhere. Where do I find it?
--
richard

"Richard" <richard1@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a registered
> Home and Student 2007. Outlook was there a few days ago, not now. I use
> Vista
> and IE & OE. A friend asked for help with Outlook. I opened it a few days
> ago
> to look it over. Yesterday I could not find it in the Office suite drop
> down
> list or anywhere. Where do I find it?

Home and Student doesn't contain Outlook. Vista doesn't have Outlook
Express, it has Windows Mail.
Can I suggest you go away, have a re-think, and post a cogent and accurate
question?

0
Gordon
1/5/2010 2:37:30 PM
Richard

There is no Outlook in the Home and Student version of Office. It is not included
..Maybe you were seeing Outlook Express

--
Peter

"Richard" <richard1@nospam.net> wrote in message
>I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a registered
> Home and Student 2007. Outlook was there a few days ago, not now. I use Vista
> and IE & OE. A friend asked for help with Outlook. I opened it a few days ago
> to look it over. Yesterday I could not find it in the Office suite drop down
> list or anywhere. Where do I find it?
> --
> richard

0
Peter

> .Maybe you were seeing Outlook Express

Not if he has Vista, as he said... :-)

0
Gordon
1/5/2010 3:06:18 PM
Thanks. At least your answer was civil.
--
richard

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > .Maybe you were seeing Outlook Express
>
> Not if he has Vista, as he said... :-)
>
> .

Outlook SpamPal Disfunction
I ave Office XP (Outlook 2002) & OE6 on a W2K machine. OL is my default mail reader and OE is my default news reader. I normally read news after mail by choosing View\Go To\news on the OL menu bar. The problem is that the settings to access the incoming mail pop3 server work for OL and for OE if you opened each on their own but when you go to read news on OE via OL, OE all of a sudden can't find the incoming pop3 server to log on. The account settings are OL mail account and OE news account there is no option to put a mail account on OE as OL is the default mail reader and I believe...

Remotely Viewing Outlook Profiles
I ran into a scenario where knowing the Outlook Profile configuration was useful, ensuring the customer did not have a POP3 configuration for their account in addition to their Exchange account (there by generating duplicate emails). After some research I found that it is possible to review a section of the customer's registry for all the stored profile information. The location in the registry on the customer's machine: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles When accessing this section remotely it will be in the form/path...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Auto Text in Outlook 2007
Hi, I use Auto text in my emails for the long words that i am constantly writing. I can seem to find this function in Outlook 2007. Or any of the 2007 products. I have seen "Quick Parts" which is fantastic but not exactly what i need, any suggestions... Thanks Kama <Kama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Auto text in my emails for the long words that i am constantly > writing. I can seem to find this function in Outlook 2007. Or any of > the 2007 products. I have seen "Quick Parts" which is fantastic but > not exactly what i need, any sugg...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Outlook Trial
I customer of mine wants Outlook 2007. I ordered it and it should be in sometime next week. How can I install the trial verison of just Outlook, so when the get the box, they can just enter the key? If I download the trial version of office standard, and just install Outlook will the key work when they get it. "Joe Medford" <joem83@msn.com> wrote in message news:0A9F9DC3-0615-431A-9627-7FBB3EC3DD36@microsoft.com... >I customer of mine wants Outlook 2007. I ordered it and it should >be in sometime next week. How can I install the trial verison of >just ...

the outlook tools menu is missing
Outlook 2007 Professional. The "tools" menu is missing. I have File, Edit, View, Go, Actions, Plaxo and Help. Plaxo is the only plug-in and it has not caused any issues in the past. Anyone know how to get the tools menu back? "Laguna Dan" <Laguna Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDC762E0-74EA-481B-A48A-833D0474FEE0@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007 Professional. The "tools" menu is missing. I have File, Edit, > View, Go, Actions, Plaxo and Help. Plaxo is the only plug-in and it has not > caused any issues ...

Outlook #230
A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this. dose anybody have an idea what this means. Outlook is on SP3 and is upto date on all patches. it has been virus scanned and is clean.please help. Harlan Boulton <harlan.boulton@comino.com> wrote: > A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have > stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this. > dose anybody have an idea what this means. Outlook is on > SP3 and is upto date on all patches. it has been virus > scanned and is clean.please help. http://www.slipst...

Track items in non-default Outlook folders
It is important to be able to "Track in CRM" Outlook items from non-default outlook folders. Some users (assistants to managers) have access to the Outlook calendar and Mailbox of the manager in order to schedule appointments and send email on behalf of the manager. They are currently unable to create any CRM outlook items on behalf of the manager as only their own outlook profile (and their default calendar) supports tracking in CRM (in CRM3.0). They do not use CRM appointment and email funcitonality from the CRM forms (outside of Outlook folders) due to the fact that you...

Accessing Outlook via the comm objects
The applications that I developed to run Outlook via the comm objects are now inoperable due to a security patch issued for Outlook 2000. Given these processes run in the background, I have found no way around the security warning prompt. I suspect this patch has rendered several apps useless and I am wondering if there is a way of identifying "friendly", if you will, external applications that can be ignored by the Outlook security. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and l...

jak przeniesc wsztstkie wiadomosci z outlook na inne konto
jak przeniesc wszystkie wiadomości z Microsoft outlook 2007 (wersja probna)na inne konto?np na windows hotmail lub na stare konto,z ktorego outlook ściągnął pocztę? ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Outlook 2007 Crashing When Using Keyboard
For a while now I have had Outlook 2007 crashing whenever I use the keyboard. I works fine for mouse actions but as soon as I hit any key, Outlook comes up with the message box asking me to send the report to Microsoft and restart Outlook. After many times of this happening, I get the option to run Diagnostics and this has come up with no problems and recommendations. I have changed the keyboard and mouse and it still behaves exactly the same way. Any ideas? Maurice -- MauriceP Have you scanned for any malware lately? Give Spybot S&D a run. "Maurice...

XP Pro, x64 & Outlook 2003 Exchange account.
Having bit of a problem with my remote exchange account (RPC over HTTP). After upgrading my machine to XP Pro x64, whenever I go through the Outlook 2003 account set up procedure and enter the details for the Exchange server, it never recognises my username and password, even though they work through Exchnage 2003 WebMail. Click "check name" just produces the same affect. Net result is I can't even get to the Outlook 2003 welcome screen. Any suggestions? Account has Office 2003 SP2 installed. - Jay. What authentication do you have set for your Exchange Account? --� Mill...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

excel shortcut to outlook email
Can I have a link in an Excel spreadsheet to an Outlook email, to open it when clicked, Dragging only copies. Right mouse button dragging provides a context menu to Create Shortcut here but it doesn't seem to paste anything when selected. Anyone know how this is done? To a particular Outlook message? Or to create a new message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookco...

Outlook sent items folder
Hi, Can I change the sent items folder in Outlook 2002? If not can a rule be setup to move the items into an IMAP folder? Many thanks Brendan In news:0e4101c346fc$cbb31540$a501280a@phx.gbl, Brendan Gallagher <brendan@elliptical.co.uk> typed: > Hi, > > Can I change the sent items folder in Outlook 2002? If > not can a rule be setup to move the items into an IMAP > folder? > > Many thanks > Brendan You can certainly set up a rule, but if 2002 is the same as 2000, then the rule can only be run manually. -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your ...

Recovery of Outlook and Outlook Express addresses and messages 04-25-10
I used Outlook Express and my wife used Outlook on the same computer. I had to reload Internet Explorer and it erased my Outlook Express. I retrieved the address book (.WAB) and was able to import it into Outlook to get myself back up. Subsequently, the computer had a major failure of the CPU and I have moved that disk drive into a USB external enclosure. I need to recover my wife's Outlook addresses and those of mine as well but do not know the naming protocol within Outlook. I would also like to retrieve the messages left back in Outlook Express and those in the tw...

Aliases and Outlook
Using Outlook 2003 on Win XP.....I have a few aliases setup besides my main email address....and all emails that come in hit the same inbox...which is OK. My question is, can Outlook allow me to reply to different emails based on the aliases I setup? For example... I have "alias1@abc.com" and "alias2@abc.com" Both are forwarded to "me@abc.com"...meaning they all hit the same inbox in Outlook. Can I reply to people who email me at "alias1@abc.com"..so that the reply to address is the alias and not the "main" account of "me@abc.com"...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Outlook #23
This is in reference to the calendar in Outlook. When a supervisor makes his assistant as a delegate, and his assistant declines a meeting for the supervisor, the supervisor does not receives a note that this meeting was declined. The meeting just disappears. Is there a way to somehow make the supervisor aware that this meeting was declined by his assistant? ...

Problem of Outlook sending messages with attachments multiple times
We've been having problems with more and more Outlook users (several versions) who are getting messages "stuck" in their Outbox. Usually, we can clear it up by running scanpst on their machine. Once or twice, the problem seemed to be an outlook.pst file that was nearly 2gb. What's the best way to prevent this from happening in the first place? So far, there hasn't been much harm done, but there's real concern about inadvertently mailbombing one of our clients. Thanks! 1. Archive regularly. 2. Empty deleted items folder. 3. Remove attachments. --� Milly Staples [M...

Accessing Outlook through VPN client connection
I can access office network with DSL dial up VPN connection from work site and from home, but cannot access Microsoft Outlook through network connection at home. At work site, Outlook is accessed normally after establishing VPN dial up connection. At home, Outlook attempt renders error message saying Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable....Retry/Work offline. Thanks, Craig ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Should I replace Outlook Express with Outlook 2003?
I have been using Outlook Express and just upgraded to Office Professional 2003. Should I install Outlook 2003 in place of Outlook Express. Which is the better program. If I install Outlook 2003, will it copy my messages and address book? George =?Utf-8?B?R2Vvcmdl?= <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A4FC50C5-1C3A-40CA-8E13-F88330A47F05@microsoft.com: > I have been using Outlook Express and just upgraded to Office > Professional 2003. Should I install Outlook 2003 in place of Outlook > Express. Which is the better program. Depends upon what you need it to ...