BCC on Outlook 2007 not working?

Every time I try to send a message with a BCC through Microsoft Outlook, the
e-mail goes into the sent folder but I immedately get a respsonse e-mail
saying that the was undliverable to the people in BCC (those entered into the
To and CC boxes get the e-mail fine).
I check with our domain host and ISP and neither have a small limit on how
many e-mails we can send at a time (The domain host allows 250 and the ISP
allows 200, I'm only trying to send 138). This seems to only be a problem
through Outlook.

Is there any advice someone can give to help me with this?

What does the undeliverable message say, exactly? The error is the key to
the problem, especially if it contains an error message and/or error
numbers.

"BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to send a message with a BCC through Microsoft Outlook,
the
> e-mail goes into the sent folder but I immedately get a respsonse e-mail
> saying that the was undliverable to the people in BCC (those entered into
the
> To and CC boxes get the e-mail fine).
> I check with our domain host and ISP and neither have a small limit on how
> many e-mails we can send at a time (The domain host allows 250 and the ISP
> allows 200, I'm only trying to send 138). This seems to only be a problem
> through Outlook.
>
> Is there any advice someone can give to help me with this?

0
Kathleen
12/3/2009 7:06:36 PM
BW wrote:

> Every time I try to send a message with a BCC through Microsoft Outlook, the
> e-mail goes into the sent folder but I immedately get a respsonse e-mail
> saying that the was undliverable to the people in BCC (those entered into the
> To and CC boxes get the e-mail fine).
> I check with our domain host and ISP and neither have a small limit on how
> many e-mails we can send at a time (The domain host allows 250 and the ISP
> allows 200, I'm only trying to send 138). This seems to only be a problem
> through Outlook.
>
> Is there any advice someone can give to help me with this?

You never specified what type of mail server you are using for your outbound
e-mails.  Could be SMTP.  Could be Exchange.  Might be Lotus-something.
I'll guess that you are using SMTP.

The SMTP mail server doesn't know or care what recipients were specified in
which *field* inside your e-mail client (and which may show in the header
section of your message).  Your e-mail client compiles an aggregate list of
recipients from its To, CC, and Bcc fields.  For each recipient in that
list, a separate RCPT-TO command is sent from the e-mail client to the mail
server for each recipients.  If you have 10 recipients in the To field, 5 in
the CC field, and 20 in the Bcc field then 35 RCPT-TO commands get sent to
the SMTP mail host.  The SMTP server has no clue as to which RCPT-TO was for
a recipient in your Bcc *field* in the UI for your e-mail client.  All the
RCPT-TO commands are followed by a single DATA command that contains the
content of your message (header section, blank delimiter line, any body).
Your e-mail client will add its To and Cc fields as entries in the headers
section of your message but they are NOT used to specify the recipients of
your e-mail.  That was done using the RCPT-TO commands.

Your mail server can NOT tell you that e-mails were undeliverable to just
the "people in the Bcc" field in your e-mail client.  The mail server hasn't
a clue as to what recipient specified by a RCPT-TO command was in which
field inside the UI of your e-mail client.  The SMTP mail server just gets a
bunch of RCPT-TO commands and none of those bother with identifying from
where that recipient got specified in your e-mail client.  In fact, bulk
mailing clients have a separate mailing list (to generate the RCPT-TO
commands) from the body of the message so there is no connection to any To,
Cc, or Bcc field in the UI for the bulk mailer.

So what does the message actually say?
0
VanguardLH

Word 2007 and Macro; Help needed
I have this macro that prints an address onto an envelope that I have selected in a letter. It doesn't work because the macro is printing only the first line of the address. In the example below, it prints "Collection Department" instead of the entire address which is: Collections Department Bruneel Tire Factory 5304 Chinden Blvd Boise, ID 83714 How can I make it work. I really need this macro. Thanks. John King jking482@q.com Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ActivePrinter = "HP Officejet 7400 series" ActiveDocument.Envelo...

Rule that will BCC recepients
Hello All, I'd like to build an Outlook rule for my profile xyz@zyx.com that will allow me to do the following: 1) After any message arrives forward it to xyz@zyx.com (myself) 2) BCC 123@zyx.com Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vasa Forgot to mention, I am running Outlook 2003 on XP. vasilijepetkovic@yahoo.com <vasilijepetkovic@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'd like to build an Outlook rule for my profile xyz@zyx.com that > will allow me to do the following: > > 1) After any message arrives forward it to xyz@zyx.com (myself) Try looking at the ...

The Outlook black hole...
I accidentally dragged-and-dropped an email in to the outlook today folder (or my mailbox), and to my astonishment it just disappeared from existence. I couldn't find it anywhere. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I am setup to use exchange. If someone can shed some light on this bizarre problem I would much appreciate it. Thanks. use advanced find to search for it in the store(select the Outlook today folder level in the search) - or you can turn off the folder home page (right click on the OT folder and choose properties). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yo...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

CANNOT START OUTLOOK #6
Out of the blue yesterday my outlook stopped working. When I try to start it I get this error: "There was a problem during installation. Restart and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall." All of my other Office programs work just fine and I have been using Outlook for months without problems. This might help: http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm Outlook doesn't start Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Televis...

Excel 2007 Saving Issue
After the April Office 2007 updates, Excel 2007 is unable to save a spreadsheet to a Windows NT 4.0 Server's shared folder. Has anyone else come across this issue and if so come up with a fix? Currently having to save the file to the desktop then copy to the shared folder. This issue is showing up on multiple machines. Update After working with this problem the Error message popup that comes up is "Document not Saved". Also Excel will write the file name to the server but the file is empty. "MartekMIS" wrote: > After the April Office 2007 upda...

Missing Folder in 2007
Have a client that has literally hundreds of folders and sub-folders and sub-sub folders in Outlook. They accidentally dragged a folder into another one and I'm just seeing if there is a simple way to find this folder without have to search each folder until it's found. This VBA example might do it: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=82&cmd=showitem -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:21:01 -0800 schrieb cid9...

Outlook internet history
Is there a way to erase the internet history like you can do in Internet Explorer? ...

Updates for Outlook
Can anyone recommend good updates for Outlook. I want to protect my pc against all of the virus's out there. Many thanks What do you mean by "updates for Outlook"? It sounds like what you're really looking for is a good antivirus program... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a9101c39d46$20c419e0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Mr Webb wrote: > Can anyone recommend good updates for Outlook. I want to > protect my pc against all...

Outlook 2003 and Hotmail #8
I have been using Outlook 2002 to manage my Exchange Server email account and two hotmail accounts. Many times I am traveling and am not connected to my Exchange Server so I work offline and sync as needed. With Outlook 2002 I could start Outlook in Offline mode, then under the File menu I could manually connect my hotmail accounts. Under Outlook 2003 there is no Connect to Hotmail selection so when I startup Outlook 2003 in Offline mode, I can't properly use my Hotmail accounts. I want to be able to delete email messages on my Hotmail accounts when I'm Offline just as I d...

How do I set up Outlook to leave messages on server?
I want to leave my messages on my earthlink server for 7 days. when I set up outlook (instead of Mail), it now takes all the messages. Hi Dallaswomen, here is "HamburgMan" from Germany ;-) did you compare your seettings with this sites? "Leave e-mail messages on your e-mail server" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx "To get Outlook to leave Internet messages on the server" http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/leaveonserver.htm Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchro...

Customizing Outlook Profiles PRF Files Error Registry
I have a PRF file that I created using the Office Custom Installation Wizard. When I use Outlook to import the prf, I get two error dialogs: Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extension;?". The syntax or format of the registry entry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to other extensions in the registry. I've tried commenting portions out, but still get the same message. I've attached the most simple PRF that I can get it to create. The errors are generated after account setup. ;Automatically generated PRF file ...

Outlook/ME incompatibility?
Is there some kind of recognized incompatibility between these two programs? I have ME 2000 and Outlook 2000. My computer appears to be getting more unstable and "locks up" at least a couple times a day. Often the screen just goes blank when manuevering within or closing Outlook. Re- booting is my only recourse as the "press any key to continue" option never works when that page comes up after failure. Please help! My son says to just install XP as the new operating system. I don't have an extra $400 bucks. It's much cheaper to reboot but a pain the the ...

Outlook calendar views
I have a weird problem with outlook 2003. I want to view three or more months on the right of the calendar view. All but one of my Pcs lets me do this. On that one PC I resize the pane and I get the three calendars but they vanish the next time I am in the folder. This is a public folder. I am the owner of the folder. I dont know why this is happening. Can you help. ...

Sort table list by description
Not a newbie to Access but I am new to 2007. How do you sort the list of tables by table description? My efficiency has tanked just trying to navigate around. Click on menu VIEW - Details to show Name, Description, Modified, etc. Then click on the label to sort differently. Click the label again reverses the sort. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "nnorberg@mwdh2o.com" wrote: > Not a newbie to Access but I am new to 2007. How do you sort the list > of tables by table description? My efficiency has tanked just trying > to navigate around. > Sorting ...

Imap work on Outlook Express but NOT on Outlook 2003
Hi, I originally configure the IMap on outlook 2003 sp2. However, I would only get the inbox. Tried IMap folder and Update folder list, None additiional folder showed and I also have this message 'The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this aciton". Then I tried on 1 other machine and came up with the same error. Tried to look for solution on the net but no joy. I finally tried to configure on Outlook Express which work fine, I have all the required folders. I still need to get it work on Outlook 2003 as this is the requirement. ...

Bullet problem in 2007
For some reason if I define a bullet style and format my document everything goes well. If I send that document to one of my coworker and she works in it, everytime she send me back the document I always have to fix my bullets as it get all wrong. She telling me that she doesn't play with the style. What could be the problem ? What, exactly, are the problems you are seeing with bullet formatting when you get the document back from your coworker? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlooks crashes, not much info
Hi, Got one user here who's Outlook keep crashing, even if he starts it and leaves it. I get the error that Outlook.exe has caused an error and is creating an error log. Also, when sending messages it pauses longer than it should. Win2k SP4, Office 2k SP3. The DrWatson log doesn't give me much, the event viewer log this at the exact time. NOT an error or warning, just as info. HELP!!!!!!!!! Event Type: Information Event Source: DrWatson Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 29/01/2004 Time: 12:33:13 User: N/A Computer: PEG-08 Description: The application, , generated...

Outlook 2002 #132
Is there anyway to alter the level 1 attachments in Outlook. I want to be able to send .exe files and open them. I can't believe that Microsoft made a decision of what end users can/can not open and can/can not send. "Pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a20a01c3eb37$797ed630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to alter the level 1 attachments in > Outlook. I want to be able to send .exe files and open > them. I can't believe that Microsoft made a decision of > what end users can/can not open and can/can not send. http:...

Outlook over HTTP
Hi, I have an SBS2k3 setup without ISA, I've recently inherted two mobile sales guys, who work remotely. They both get their mail by using outlook over http, this works perfectly when they are out and about. However once a week they come into the office with their laptops and they want to use the wifi in the office. When they connect to the router they are assigned an IP address ikn from the 192.168.1.xx range from the router, and outlook can't connect to the server which is on 192.18.16.2. I don't want them to be part of the SBS domain as they don't need to be, ...

Outlook express & Exchange support
What is required in Outlook express to talk to exchange 2007 ? Can Outlook hand SSL/TLS connections ? Port 143 (IMAP), 563, or 443 ? Jared technet147@gmail.com On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 05:43:50 +0800, Jared <technet147@gmail.com> wrote: >What is required in Outlook express to talk to exchange 2007 ? > >Can Outlook hand SSL/TLS connections ? Port 143 (IMAP), 563, or 443 ? > >Jared >technet147@gmail.com Nothing. Outlook Express and whatever mail client succeeded it can connect to Exchange over POP and IMAP, with or without the 's' Just do it. ...

Outlook E-mail
I need BIG help. I'm trying to set-up inter-office e-mail through Outlook for a small company with only 2 computers. We have net service (DSL) and router(I think is to network the 2 compters. Right?) Can I get some help? Thank you You can also E-mail me at laboyer4@hotmail.com Does your DSL account with your ISP provide Internet e-mail addresses? laura@yourisp.com or something like that? If so just use those addresses to e-mail each other. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for ...

Outlook 2002 problems sending email
I am getting frustrated with outlook 2002. The problem is I can receive fine, but when I send email no one gets the mail. Verifed the outgoing smtp address to my provider is setup correctly. Went out to webmail account of my provider, was able to send and receive email with out problems. I have blown away the profile, still didnt fix the problem. I deinstalled and reinstalled outlook 2002. Still the same problem. I have run Adware, spybot, and pest patrol, norton antivirus and found no problems. I use to have nortons firewall installed, but I removed that a couple weeks ago. Verifi...

Disappearing Outlook
I have a user on Outlook 2003 that has Outlook disappearing from the screen when it is in the taskbar. The Outlook process is still running, but Outlook is no longer on the screen. Anybody see this before? Thanks, John "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eGgMw9msGHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl: > I have a user on Outlook 2003 that has Outlook disappearing from the screen > when it is in the taskbar. The Outlook process is still running, but > Outlook is no longer on the screen. > > Anybody see this before? > > Thanks, > > John...

$%*! Outlook
HELP! I cannot use the " ' /? characters in Outlook 2000 SR-1=20 when I type them I get =C8, =E8 =C9, =E9 Have checked my settings for my keyboard in the controls=20 panel they seem to be correct - have switched to a new=20 keyboard... no luck! Anybody else have a clue? check your keyboard settings in Control panel again- specifically the language settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.c...