Autocorrect Options

the dialog box for [Autocorrect Options] under [Spelling] > [Spelling and
autocorrection] is grayed out.
The replace text as you type box is checked, but I receive no spelling or
grammer flags as I type. All checking is done after hitting send.

"Ray L" <Ray L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> the dialog box for [Autocorrect Options] under [Spelling] > [Spelling and
> autocorrection] is grayed out.
> The replace text as you type box is checked, but I receive no spelling or
> grammer flags as I type. All checking is done after hitting send.

Are you using a stand-alone verison of Outlook?  What version?  Is Word
installed on your PC and is it from the same Office suite as Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/16/2010 2:47:02 PM
What version of outlook?
Do you have the full office suite installed?

Some of the features are available only when you use the full office suite
and have Word as your editor.

"Ray L" <Ray L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the dialog box for [Autocorrect Options] under [Spelling] > [Spelling and
> autocorrection] is grayed out.
> The replace text as you type box is checked, but I receive no spelling or
> grammer flags as I type. All checking is done after hitting send.

0
Diane

groupmethod options
When designing reports (.qrp files), what can you set GroupMethod to besides groupmethodNone or groupmethodSum? Thanks, Mike FDA ...

Autocorrect
I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar the previous word will be capitalized. Again, any suggestions how to do this? I tried and what i see is that only the fir...

Exercise & Sell
[Money Deluxe 2004] Of a grant for 100 shares that have now vested fully, I choose to sell a certain portion of it, say 50 shares, and hold on to the remaining 50. To record this in Money is a bit strange - I have no choice but to "Exercise & Sell" the 100 shares, and then record a second transaction for the 50 shares I decided to keep as a "Buy" transaction. Questions - 1. My broker charges me commission on the sale of 50 shares, not on the exercise transaction of 100 shares. Do I record that commission in the exercise & sell transaction for the 100, or t...

Format Options for Integers
Currently, all integers in MSCRM ar formatted to show a comma. This is problematic in many scenarios. will the next release include the option to format Integers with/without commas (field level)? --Dodd ...

Integrated My Day Options?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange In the Windoze Outlook client, you can create sidebars with tasks, upcoming appointments, etc. I used to have it organized almost identical to My Day but as a sidebar on the right of the main window. <br><br>In Entourage, it seems like the only way to do this is have 2 windows open ... Entourage Mail view and My Day. Is there any possible view config to allow me to see tasks and appointments in the Mail View? On 2010-03-26 09:17:37 -0400, craigtone@officeformac.com said:...

Autocorrection bug in PowerPoint
Using PowerPoint for Mac v.10.1.5 Swedish on iMac OS 10.3 - Whenever I write letters "f�" (f plus scandinavian letter o with two dots above) autocorrection adds a dot behind each letter - also when I type a space behind the last letter. I can't change it where I normally change or add autocorrections. - The problem does not appear in MS Word. - Suggestions anybody? ...

Service Call Dispatch sort options
The service call dispatch board needs some additional sort options. For example call priority and call number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=567f0968-f08...

Outlook Software Options for Palm
I just bought my first Palm (Tungsten E model). I'm looking for an Outlook software program to sync with instead of using the Palm one that has some compatibility issues with Outlook. Thanks in advance for any recommendations on third party Outlook vendors for Palm. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ http://www.chapura.com - IntelliMirror works well. It is included with most Palm OS CDs but may have been dropped from the latest Palm CDs. --� Milly St...

Object embedment options on Outlook Express
I cannot open attachments through Outlook Express. It tells me that OE has removed the attachments from the e- mail because they are unsafe. Does anybody know how to fix this?? ...

Options > Clean Up Now
First there is no community for Outlook Express 6 - Hopefully a Microsoft person will respond. Under 'options' > (tab) 'Maintenance' > there is a button that reads 'Clean Up Now'. The explanation reads that it will delete all downloaded messages. What the #%&!@ does that mean? Will all emails I have previously read be deleted? Is it only deleting the deleted messages? What? -- Shawn That should only apply to downloaded newsgroup messages. The outlook express newsgroup (yes there is one!) will be better able to answer the question. http://www...

Can one save Autocorrect settings?
I have had the need to reformat my hard disk several times, and reinstall Office. Every time I do that I loose my Autocorrect settings! Is there a way to save - say to a floppy - my settings so I don't have to try to remember what terms I used before? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dana DeLouis wrote a couple of macros to transfer AutoCorrect entries. The first one dumps them onto a worksheet. You can check them there. Copy the workbook to the...

Header / Footer options
For some reason, in Excel and only Excel (vs other MS apps) the default selections available for the header and footer include the file name but NOT the file name w/ full path. Does anyone know how to add an automatic field to the header / footer to show the complete path and filename without having to enter it manually. I want to make sure if I move or copy the file to an alternate location, this info updates automatically. Thanks !! ...

autocorrect
where is autocorrect located on thewhere computer? In Publisher it is located in the Tools menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "computer knowledge" <computer knowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA926395-7256-4C25-86B6-5693B38D67F2@microsoft.com... > where is autocorrect located on thewhere computer? ...

what is /safeSEH linker option ?
Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ? Should I set it for my project ? ajay@webtechdevelopers.com wrote on 1/31/2005 5:14 AM: > Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ? > Should I set it for my project ? > ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vccore/html/vclrfSAFESEHImageHasSafeExceptionHandlers.htm is directly from VStudio help. a much better description than anyone could type ...

Disable Delete Batch Option for Payables
I would like to disable the delete option on the payable batch entry screen for a specific user in Dynamics v9. What is the procedure for this? Use Field Level Security (included in BRL but an extra cost option if you are not there yet). -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sam Allen" wrote: > I would like to disable the delete option on the payable batch entry screen > for a specific user in Dynamics v9. What...

Access Data Page filter option
I have a basic Access Data Page designed where all pertinent information is displayed for the overall. However, based on the person who is reviewing the information, how do I filter out the irrelevant information from the page without creating a seperate query for every single person? Essentially, I am thinking of some type of dialogue box that will display before displaying the page of information. That dialogue box will ask for the userid of the person seeking the information and then match that up with the relevant information. Then only the information attached to the userid is ...

Autocorrect STILL NOT working!
Hi, Yesterday it was suggested that I download service pack 3 to fix the problem I was having with Publisher 2003. My autocorrect is not working nor am I able to apply formatting to text boxes throughout publication without changing each one individually. I restarted my computer as it suggested after downloading the service pack, but nothing seems to have changed. My (c) is still set to use symbol in AutoCorrect options, I have checked box to apply formatting to all text boxes, and no matter what, I am still getting (c) instead of symbol and each textbox is defaulting to Times New R...

Search option not working
When we do a search on Outlook 2007, we receive an error message saying that no information was found and that Outlook is still indexing. No pst files are being used, only the cached option is enabled. What can be checked to solve this problem? When did you configure this account and how long have you let the machine idle with Outlook running so the indexer could index Outlook? Does the index count decreases when choosing; Tools-> Instant Search-> Indexing Status... If so, give it more time to finish building the initial index. If not, then you might have to rebuild you ind...

How to use Autocorrect?
I think I have Autocorrect set up right. None of the changes seem to occur when I input text. Is there a way to turn the feature on, other than the menu item under Tools? jlb Hi jlb, Do you have the option "Replace text as you type" selected? You need to enter exactly what is shown in the "replace" box. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project "jlbreyer" <jlbreyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Show in Groups option
I like to store my saved messages using the above option. By using this (View / Arrange By / From) I can quickly refer to an e-mail without having to search back through dozens of others filed chronologically. The problem I have is that Outlook seems to store the messages under several different headings. For instance, a message from John Smith can appear under any of: John Smith Smith, John 'John Smith' This is compunded when the same individual has more than one e-mail address - this can double the number of options. Is there any way around this? Thanks. Names do vary...

Delivary Options
Trying to figure out whey one of my email accounts is set up to send emails and a specific time and will not allow me to change it. I go into the options and change it, but it doesn't change. Anyone know a fix? What version of Outlook are you using? What kind of e-mail account is it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Chuck" <chuck73@no.com> wrote in message news:FF28FD17-003A-494F-8B2E-2EB3583C8630@microsoft.com... > Trying to figure out whey one of my email accounts i...

Option Group Question 10-12-07
I have a form with an option group with 5 choices available. The fieldname/control source where this info will be stored is BusUnit: All 1 GC 2 GSP 3 GT 4 SPX 5 As I am sure you already know the value that is saved in my table is the numeric value noted above. That means little to the user. I want the corresponding text value to be saved in my table instead, and I want my default text value to be "All". Note: within my option group, 1 is the default as defined when created using the Wizard. So when a new record is being populated or created the default value is &...

Option explicit
does option explicit complie even if you have a missing library ? i have two different modules, the first module is not option explicit, and does not complile on a missing assembly. the second module is option explicit and works properly with my reference check. and works when there is a missing assembly. can someone shed some light on this ? Regards, Alexandre No it only relates to variable references within that module. Missing libraries are something you can easily check at the development stage. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alexandr...

Junk Mail option in Outlook Web Access
Hi, I enable the junk mail option within option in outlook web access, but that does not seem to work. Junk mails still go into inbox (within outlook web accee) Is there anything setup that I still need to enable? Thanks, The OWA Junk Email folder works together with IMF. TO DO: 1. Make sure you are running Exchange SP2 so that you are running IMF v2 2. Confiugre IMF from here: <Organization> | Global Settings | Message Delivery <properties> | Intelligent Message Filtering <property sheet> 3. Enable IMF You need to configure and enable IMF. http://www.exchangeinbo...

Autocorrect